Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Eircom Netopia 2247NWG with Chorus BB??... Possible?

Options
  • 30-08-2007 7:22pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭

As the title says - is it possble to use the eircom Netopia 2247NWG as a wireless router with my chorus BB.
    The Netopia 2247NWG is a combined DSL modem and router and Chrous BB is cable.

Or would I just be better off buying myself a router like this Linksys WRT54GC or this Belkin Wireless G Router

Mik

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

No, the Netopia won't work on cable bb. It was discussed at lenght on another thread about getting it to work on NTL.

Keep away from Belkin if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

nope a non runner i reckon

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Cheers - Will go for the Linksys then.
    Or are there any other recommendations?..

Mik

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Out of interest, what type of connectors do the cable broadband providers use? i.e. do they usually provide a cable modem so that a router with an rj45 port is all that is needed?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Well I have chorus and they provide a Motorola Surfboard modem with standard network cable to computer.
    An ordinary router should do the trick

Mik

• Advertisement
Advertisement