Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I think I made a mess in my shorts!!

Options
  • 30-08-2007 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

Dunno if this has been posted before, but hasn't it been said that the veyron can beat a mclaren F1 to 200mph giving it a head start to 100mph, this may well prove it has the wherewithall to do it.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/792944/bugatti_vs_mclaren_slr/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭2stageturbo

Thats amazing!!! Fast enough ? Absolutly!!
    Clarkson was right. Best car ever.
    I reckon it could take the Maclaren from 100 mph, judging by that !;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Best car ever? Bit far,fastest yeah, but fastest doesnt equal best,

In fairness its about 4 times dearer than the already ludicrously(sp?) expensive SLr and has nearly 400bhp advantage.

Although all the slr driver has to do is wait the 12 min or so that the Veyron driver can go flat out for and run out of petrol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

And if the Veyron driver can top up the tank in less than 12 mins the Maclaren driver will never see him again. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Does anyone else think the slr up shifted way too soon on the first run?
    What happened? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Stekelly wrote:
    Best car ever? Bit far,fastest yeah, but fastest doesnt equal best,

In fairness its about 4 times dearer than the already ludicrously(sp?) expensive SLr and has nearly 400bhp advantage.

Although all the slr driver has to do is wait the 12 min or so that the Veyron driver can go flat out for and run out of petrol.
    Everyone seems to dwell on the 12 minute tank thing. I'd be willing to bet that an Evo 4, derestriced and flat out would empty it's tank in about 12 minutes too.
    In 12 minutes the Bugatti has covered over 50 miles. 50 miles to a tank for a car like that driven flat to the axel is fairly average. I'd say the Ford GT would only do 50 miles too for a full tank, it'd just take longer than 12 minutes to cover that 50 miles!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

50 miles to a tank makes the top speed of the car a bit irrelevant. Throw in a bit of a queue at the petrol stations and you're making no faster progress than a 320d.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

Of Course the veyron has already been easily beaten by a turboed viper 0-200mph

linky.
    linky2.

Of course the viper probably cannot do much else but hey out-accelerating a Veryron and looking better (although thats the easy part) are pretty nice bragging rights

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Similar - here's a Jordan F1 vs Ferarri F40.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNYrAAs4V7Q
    I'd say the Bug could do it in a straight line - not on a track with corners tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

meh...... I reckon a chipped Golf GTPDTDPGDTDDDI would have it...........

or maybe even a Chipped Octavia PDTDGTTDDDI...... sure it could put the Veyron in its boot! :rolleyes: :p

Advertisement