Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Toilet in Town!!!

Options
  • 30-08-2007 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Well, we all know of the ****ty (excuse the pun) public toilets that are in our areas, that nobody takes care of, and that, over time, goes to the dogs. So what would you say, in your opinion, is the best Toilet in Town? Personally, im talking about Dublin City, and for me its the toilets in Brown Thomas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the wall beside the aib atm in wicklow street is great

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Not in Dublin but the best one i ever saw was an opera toilet in Vienna. It was a jacks where there was opera music playing and all decorated like a theatre (gold, red etc...) Unfortunately i didn't have the 'urge' at the time, but it looked class!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Pearse dart station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Arnotts - for the ladies loo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

DanOB wrote:
    im talking about Dublin City, and for me its the toilets in Brown Thomas

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=893

Dental Plan....Lisa Needs Braces...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Not in Dublin either but check this out. Would you, COULD you go here?

http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/toilet.asp#photo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

That would be a strange experience. I'd give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Brown Thomas

3rd floor

Grafton street !

Wins the by all standard.

U see some fab women going up !
    and u see some fab women again comming down !

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Not city centre, but the one on Bull Island just past the wooden bridge is pretty snazzy. Automatically cleans itself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

The National Gallery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

The toilets in the downstairs bar in The Westin Hotel are well swish! Clean, soap and moisturiser, floor to ceiling cublicles.. It's a pleasure to dump on the premises!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ansionnachclist

Luas machine where the ticket falls out of :/.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

arrrgh! irlirishkev...i'm going there for a wedding friday, and now that's all i can think about! :D
    Must check them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

sugarman wrote:
    pitty its on the north side tho:D

Careful now.. them's fighting words :D
    bronte wrote:
    arrrgh! irlirishkev...i'm going there for a wedding friday, and now that's all i can think about!
    Must check them out!

Aye, make sure you do, you'll not be disapointed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

Brown Thomas

3rd floor

Grafton street !

Wins the by all standard.

U see some fab women going up !
    and u see some fab women again comming down !

Agreed!!! If im ever on grafton street or over that way i wont go for a **** anywhere other than there haha, and the attendant is a legend

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The toilets in The Bank I think it is on Dame Street are pretty snazzy. I like how they kept actual features of the vaults.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

masseyno9 wrote:
    Not in Dublin but the best one i ever saw was an opera toilet in Vienna. It was a jacks where there was opera music playing and all decorated like a theatre (gold, red etc...) Unfortunately i didn't have the 'urge' at the time, but it looked class!
    Do you usually hang around in toilets when you don't have to use them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Brown Thomas ones. Who said Stephens Green? You have to pay 20 cent, pfft!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

The ones in the Comedy Club are class!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The Cobblestone pub in Smithfield.

The jacks there have that retro, old skool look, like the type of sh*thouse your great grandfather used in the trenches of the Somme.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

Love2love wrote:
    Not in Dublin either but check this out. Would you, COULD you go here?

http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/toilet.asp#photo

Hahaha.. what a great idea! Anything that challenges people is good in my books, though I can't see myself being too comfortable in there at first.. though like many Irish people my age, I have been forced to relieve myself in semi-private places on the streets when desperation took over.. perhaps if they had a few of these around I'd be using them instead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

What is it with lack of public loos in Dublin? None in parks - only ones I have seen are at the beach! Is is cos there are so many pubs in Dublin?:rolleyes:

Oh I didn't know there were any at Pearse St Station - I will have to find them! I find it a pain when going into the city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Thelikefaneire

The wheelchair/mens jacks in the Nurse's building on D'olier street, probably the best i know of:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

There's a tapas restaraunt on Eustace street in temple bar with the most magnificent toilets I've ever seen. The damn things look like thrones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

yeah the ones in the bank (dame street) are brilliant. i remember the first, and only time, i was there i was like a tourist in awe!

brown thomas bottom floor mens dept are ok but my favourite are arnotts in the homewares section. very hidden and quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭duckegg

Gents in Ba Mizu in south william st flat screen tv brilliant,also druids glen hotel nicked some of the stuff there happy days

Advertisement