Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Govinda's on Abbey st.

Options
  • 30-08-2007 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

I haven't been there yet, was thinking of going tomorrow, can anyone tell me what it's like? Also, is it a restaurant (would I need a reservation?) or like the one near stephen's green, where you take a tray?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭che81

last time i was there it was pretty casual. i think it started off a little more upmarket than the one on aungier street, but then went back to the same formula. i doubt you'll need a reservation, or that they take one.

mmmmmmmmmm govindas.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

I was there only yesterday, for the first time. I had heard it was fairly cheap but was still surprised when I was only charged €6.50!! Excellent Value.

Cant say I've been to the one on Aungier St, but this one is top notch, a reservation definitely wont be necessary....its very casual. I'll be visiting again fairly soon !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Extreme-LoopZ

Thanks for the replies!
    whenever I'm in town I always eat in the one on Aungier st, it's probably the nicest food you would get for somewhere so cheap! the food is gorgeous.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

Must try out the Aungier St one, must admit I just tried Abbey St on a whim, but it was lovely!

Aungier St isnt in my neck of the woods, but all this talk of it has me thinking I may take an extended lunch today!

i was in the one on merrion row last night and it was lovely. although i still think i prefer the aungier street one to all the rest. i was quite peeved though when they charged me 50cent for chilli sauce for my samosa. i don't remember them doing that before.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Anybody have the menu? :P
    Must visit and get some of their gorgeous Samosas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

their menu is on the net. i happened to be looking at it yesterday... http://www.govindas.ie/menu/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

che81 wrote:
    i was in the one on merrion row last night .....
    there's one on Merrion Row now?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Why is the Abbey st one more expensive? Fantastic menu.

yeah there's one on merrion row, near O'Donoghues. it opened about a year ago or so. it's quite small but nice. one thing that does annoy me though is that they never have the other stuff on the menu like the burger even though i have asked for it about 5 times. i hate when they leave stuff on a menu that they never stock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

their menu is on the net. i happened to be looking at it yesterday... http://www.govindas.ie/menu/index.htm

Drool....

Corn on the cob as a starter, my heroesoesoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Why is the Abbey st one more expensive? Fantastic menu.

Because they use bigger plates (about one and half times bigger than the ones in Angier St so I think its better value at only €7.50)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Abbey St one is the best of the lot I think. everything they do is amazing.

Advertisement