Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repeating advice thread.... again

Options
  • 30-08-2007 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

heya everyone. I'm repeating next year and ive decided to drop french and english and take up a new subject or possibly two. I'm really considering applied maths because its usefull for the course I want but I'm not sure about the second. I was told to do geography but to be honest I hated it at junior cert level, I'm considering economics. Anyone have any advice????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

I would say take Business, very do-able for repeaties who are willing to work to get a high grade. Don't know much about Applied Maths, if your into to it, that's good cause it has really high A grade level

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭MasterSun

heya everyone. I'm repeating next year and ive decided to drop french and english and take up a new subject or possibly two. I'm really considering applied maths because its usefull for the course I want but I'm not sure about the second. I was told to do geography but to be honest I hated it at junior cert level, I'm considering economics. Anyone have any advice????

physics
    if u r going to do applied maths then u'd better do physics.
    app maths is a combination of higher level maths and physics.
    if u choose to study physics, app maths is a joke 4 u.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Steez

MasterSun wrote:
    if u choose to study physics, app maths is a joke 4 u.

It's the other way around, if you do applied maths, physics is way easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

The maths in Physics is easy in general.

Doing Applied Maths is *almost* a guarantee that you'll get 100% in minimum one question in Physics(Mechanics - Q6).

Funnily enough, this year's Mechanics question was on SHM, which I hadn't studied in either App Maths or Physics, and I wasn't able to do it.

But I still got my A1, so meh :p

Advertisement