Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's the dump? (not niteclub related)

Options
  • 30-08-2007 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Folks, I need to dump some gear thats building up in the house and don't want to pay out on a skip. Pardon my ignorance but where's the closest dump to Dublin city centre (northside) where the public would have access to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Dunsink lane tiphead in Finglas. (I think private cars can still use it anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Anywhere on the northside is a dump!! :D:D:D

Hee Hee only joking! Afaik any council flat complex are not being charged for the rubbush yet, suppose you can put it in there - be sure you're not caught though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

You can fill a car for €7 to Shamrock Terrace, just off the North Strand. Great setup there. Have a look at this for details
    http://www.dublinwaste.ie/bring_bank.php?fac_pid=2

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Balleally tiphead in Lusk where 90% of Dublin's waste goes.

€8 (1 x bin tag) for a boot full.

€16 (2 x bin tags) for a car full.

€32 (4 x bin tags ) for a car and trailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

clown bag wrote:

Last time I tried to go here, access was blocked to Dunsink lane about half way up. If this is still the case, don't approach it from the Finglas end. Come from the Navan Road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It is not a dump any more but a recycling centre.

check www.dublinwaste.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Snapper1 wrote:
    Folks, I need to dump some gear thats building up in the house and don't want to pay out on a skip. Pardon my ignorance but where's the closest dump to Dublin city centre (northside) where the public would have access to?

Try and recycle anything you can.. There's a fairly comprehensive bring centre in Ringsend, just past the Eastlink bridge.. They take and recycle pretty much everything from what I've seen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

clown bag wrote:

Dunsink tiphead is closed now, and the recycling centre was gone the last time I was up there (last summer)

Most recycling centres in Fingal will take a certain amount of rubbish for a fee (NOTE: payable in bin tags only, no cash). Weed out the recyclables from the rubbish and you dont have to pay to deposit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

jos28 wrote:
    You can fill a car for €7 to Shamrock Terrace, just off the North Strand. Great setup there. Have a look at this for details
    http://www.dublinwaste.ie/bring_bank.php?fac_pid=2

Seconded !! This is a great facility where you can dump or recycle almost everything. They don't allow vans in as it's not a commercial dump but it's really handy for clearing out your attic, garden shed etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 25 streetshooter

Hi folks, I need to dump some general household waste in the south city area - where can I go?

Thanks
    ss

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

• Registered Users Posts: 25 streetshooter

irishbird wrote: »

thanks for that - unfortunately from this site it appears that there are no bring or other types of centres where general waste is accepted.
    anybody got any experience if this, because if there are these types of sites, I can't find any trace on this site.

cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

OP, I know your on the Northside of Dublin, but this place may be worth having a look at. Just of the M50 at Ballymount.

Very reasonable, as long as you have your stuff sorted :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://www.oxigen.ie/ballymount-recycling-centre

Advertisement