Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

registration

Options
  • 30-08-2007 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

hi im just wondering about registration next tuesday and wednesday! i will be a first year student! will I have to be present for both days or is it just the one? thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

you'll spend one very long day getting registered, getting your ID card and stuff like that. not much fun but make sure to talk to everyone, sooner ya start getting to know people, the better.

congrats on becoming a UL student, i graduated on Tues there, best four years of my life, hands down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Generally the 1st day is come along and you get a tour and introduced to your course. When I did 1st year the 2nd day was intros to the SU and a few other things that I can't remember now......followed by drinking.

Cheers
    Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

the 2nd day is generally when you get the Student's union welcome in the concert hall if I'm remembering correctly. first day you'll all be put in the concert hall and have to listen to the president greet you and set out what's expected of you over the next 4 years. Though Don is new so he might do it differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

hi im just wondering about registration next tuesday and wednesday! i will be a first year student! will I have to be present for both days or is it just the one? thanks in advance
    Worth remembering that technically you're enrolling for the course next week. You'll still have to register for the term the week after, as you do in the first teaching week of every term. That should be explained to you by your orientation guide, at least I stressed it to every new student when I was doing the guide job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 the1

i am registering on tuesday and am woundering what these are

University of Limerick Credit Transfer Receipt
    CAO Course Acceptance Receipt or UL Direct Acceptance Deposit Receipt

the credit trasfer receipt is the bank giro?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

the1 wrote:
    i am registering on tuesday and am woundering what these are

University of Limerick Credit Transfer Receipt
    CAO Course Acceptance Receipt or UL Direct Acceptance Deposit Receipt

the credit trasfer receipt is the bank giro?

The bank giro thing comes in 3 parts as far as I know....you keep one for yourself, one goes to the bank and you bring the other to UL.

The CAO Acceptance Receipt is what you get from the CAO once you've accepted an offer for a course.

Cheers
    Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Just to clear something up,

I'm going into second year now, do I have to register for the term before I go back or when I start back (tomorrow, oops!) or at all?

Plus, my timetable was up last week put has dissappeared now; is this something to do with not registering or is it happening to anybody else?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

You have to register by Friday of week 1 or you get fined.

ITD are their usual excellent selves and as soon as people actually need to use the system it breaks dont worry about it the timetable will be up eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

cooperguy wrote:
    You have to register by Friday of week 1 of you get fined.

ITD are their usual excellent selves and as soon as people actually need to use the system it breaks dont woory about it the timetable will be up eventually
    Thanks cooperguy, I was just starting to panic!!I couldn't remember at what stage we registered last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

cooperguy wrote:
    ITD are their usual excellent selves and as soon as people actually need to use the system it breaks dont woory about it the timetable will be up eventually

But of course! So now I have no idea where I'm to be at 9am tomorrow morning! I glanced at my timetable last week and I know I have a 9am lecture, but who knows where it's on! Sure maybe it'll be up and running again soon...

Good ol' ITD! You gotta love 'em! :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement