Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Thermostat

• 30-08-2007 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got any experience of using these?

Where can they be got, price and how well do they work in practice?

Ta, Avn.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Worcester bosch do them ,but they only work with their own boilers:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Avns1s wrote: »
    Has anyone got any experience of using these?

Where can they be got, price and how well do they work in practice?

Ta, Avn.

Did you do anything on the wireless thermostat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I know that DEVI do wireless t-stats, not sure what else they will work with apart from their electric heating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

Check out these guys. I know they supply wireless thermostats (got some wired ones off them a while back). Most units come with a base station which can be wired into any boiler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

Yes, we do a wireless control system called Devilink.
    It can control nearly all forms of electric heating, hydronic (wet) underfloor heating, or any heating system that uses 230v actuators or contactors to control the flow of water or electricity, all wirelessly form one central location via a touch panel screen.
    See flash demo devilink.devi.com

• Advertisement

Finally bit the bullet and got the Honeywell CM 927 as per http://www.cheapboilers.com/thermostat/honeywell/cm-927-programmable-wireless.htm so far very happy. Just needed the baby warm in her bedroom as we have the wood stove downstairs and we never heat our bedroom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Have a Oil burner - how do these work???
    I would think that I can just use 1 thermostat - with the receiver hooked up to the boiler electricity mains? Would I be right?
    I don't see how I could use more than 1 thermostat?

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Have a Oil burner - how do these work???
    I would think that I can just use 1 thermostat - with the receiver hooked up to the boiler electricity mains? Would I be right?
    I don't see how I could use more than 1 thermostat?

Hello this is the PDF link http://europe.hbc.honeywell.com/products/pdf/cm927enug42011077-703uk07r0806.pdf

I got it as I wanted to control the heat in one room as downstairs is a wood stove only zone.

Is that of help.

Regards JD

Just to say we are delighted the way this item has worked out. Sorry I did not have it when first sprog was born. Ah well better now than never.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fuji0030

The product is a wireless thermostat and controller that can be placed in any room in your home to control your heating and cooling system,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

Resurecting an old thread here..but a topical one. Can somebody let me know is it straightforward to re-wire the relay box to the boiler circuit - presently have an analogue 24 hr. timer with OFF/ON/Timed option and as this is in a location away from kitchen I am thinking of swaping out to offer convenience of portable thermostat. Any advice appreciated as always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

If you have alu windows and doors and solid block internal walls some of these wireless stats wont work properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

I installed a Honeywell CM927 wireless thermostat/programmer combo unit..
    Was easy to fit and works a treat, I wired the controller/receiver in parallel to the existing 24/7 analogue clock that was there...

They are a great controller, simple to programe and has no bother transmitting through two block walls which have plastewr board on both sides... Rooms have solid pine doors..

0c2dc2e614b1b41e6e6b057fbd9c5107.jpg

Hi bbam, could you let me know where you sourced your Honeywell - I enquired with 2 local distributors and they don't do them at all. If you know of a reputable online store maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

coxy123 wrote: »
    Hi bbam, could you let me know where you sourced your Honeywell - I enquired with 2 local distributors and they don't do them at all. If you know of a reputable online store maybe.

Actually I think I picked it up on E-bay :o
    It's where I buy most stuff...
    Think it cost in the €100 region..

Thanks...I was checking there alright and they do have them know and again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Got a Siemens rdh10rf which is very easy to use and about 60 euro.

Advertisement