Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE suspends 10 wrestlers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

It really is time for reform too many guys have died

There needs to be breaks in wrestling 2-3 days off week just isn't enough given the travel and performing etc

It will hurt the business in the short time tv wise and stuff but hopefully will help it in the long run

What baffles me is Bryan Adams he was recieving drugs 5 years after he left the business

I don't get it

littlejp wrote:
    I thought this was a really stupid move. who was he trying to impress?

Vince really thinks he is untouchable he thinks he is the man and that he can get away with anything, to be fair he has so far but it hast o come to and end soon

He needs to be taught a lesson for once

Ken Anderson (Mr. Kennedy) comes across like a complete fool because his last package was sent in February, one full year after he claimed to have gotten clean due to the Policy. Between October 2006 and February 2007, Anderson received Anastrozole (which is not a steroid, but used to counter affects of steroids such as development of female breast tissue), Somatropin (a Growth Hormone) and testosterone (an anabolic steroid).

Scumbag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Nearly all the wrestlers were buying somatropin or genotropin. They're both human growth hormone, which can't be tested for, but it is banned under the Wellness Policy for non-medical uses. Since internet prescriptions are banned anyway, the wrestlers are more to blame for taking that than WWE for not catching them

I mean the fact he lied blatantly about being clean he should have kept his mouth shut instead of lying

Especially since he was all over the media defending the WWE

Bad move to have a guy who is guilty defending the company, yeah I think so

EdK wrote:
    What baffles me is Bryan Adams he was recieving drugs 5 years after he left the business

I don't get it

He more than likely used steroids during his wrestling career, so given his age it's probable that his body was producing low amounts of testosterone. If that were the case, then he could have got a valid prescription from a doctor for testosterone for medical purposes, but this internet pharmacy would have been cheaper

Or maybe after 20 years of being big and looking strong, he didn't want to lose that

Was thinking that myself, but the damage was done at that stage there should have been no need for it, just grow old gracefully, If he had packed it in after wrestling he might have lived

R.I.P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Vince is too interested in taking shots at his government. I hope they come down on him hard. It's the only way there can be change.

He's getting hit hard right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

If true, then broken down, angle wise WWE can get around some of these suspensions more than others obviously (Suppose they'll have to) -

Orton's suspension can be for what he did on Raw the night after Summerlam,but obviously this is a big sickener for him (all be it his own fault of course)

Edge, Helms and Santino are already injured (And I disagree that Santino is no lose, I thought he's been hilarious the last few weeks - "How you say, a filthy prostitute?!)

Regal is a lose, especially after only becoming GM, but let's face it, Vince and Coach are on Raw just as much as they were before Regal's arrival so they can carry on with that and make some lame excuse for Regal not being there

Haas and Funaki are no lose, or Bucci obviously.

Chavo just suffered a humiliating lose to Rey, so could easily go AWOL for a few weeks in the storyline (To be honest, I’ll be glad to be spared a continuation of the angle between these two which went on for about half of last year anyway)

Umaga, if included, will take a bit of explaining but the writers are obviously a bit bemused as to what to do with him lately anyway, so Jeff or Carlito for the IC title?

Kennedy must wish 2007 was over now, but at least his introduction as Vince's son hasn’t started yet (if it was to be him), I can't help thinking he should be sent back to SM after this and start fresh.

Batista - don't know how they explain this - Khali injured him maybe? Good riddance, but SM is even more of a state, Rey's return will help I suppose. With taker not back till Unforgiven, and obviously facing Mark Henry, then I would give Kane that one on one Title shot against Khai that he never ended up getting against Edge. And I know they've met several times recently, so to spice it up a bit - make it HITC or Punjabi Prison.

Booker will be missed, and will certainly affect the back stage say in things that I’ve heard he's tried to gain recently. Plus with him and RKO off screen for a while, could we see HHH back as heel sooner than we thought?

Morrison - another guy that will be sick, and possibly the one WWE will be most peed off with as he seems to be the pet project and the moment and they wouldn’t have wanted his push sidelined. But as Mr.Nice Guy said, hopefully this will finally give Mr. Straight Edge what he deserves.

The one person who I can't help thinking of in all this is Cena, slag him all you want but there's a lot to be said for the guy, performing at the top level the way he has and achieving the fitness level he's got, with out being involved in any of this cr*p.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AirDemon

Whats going to happen though like? I mean will the WWE suspend these people for 30 days and then welcome them back with open arms, or suspend for 30 days, retest and if they pass welcome them back or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭A-Train

Some crazy happenings alright but its been on the cards for a while about time they (WWE) did something!

Also as some one said got to give it to Cena!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Why do you have to give it to Cena? Because he wasn`t involved in this particular scandal and wasn`t getting drugs from the one internet pharmacy that was busted. Now I`m not saying the guy is on anything at all, but just because he wasn`t busted here doesn`t mean he is not.

As everyone should know, this stuff all comes down to an IQ test. Basically the stupider you are the more likely you are to get caught. So therefore the dumbass workers who decided to use this internet pharmacy got busted and the smarter ones didn`t. It doesn`t` for a second mean that everyone else is clean. And so what if Cena says he takes no steroids (btw he ususally emphasises steroids and leaves out HGH!) does nobody remember Kennedy and Mysterio saying the same?!

I think this is good news and hopefully Vince will get it into his head that the hassle that drugs bring far outweighs the benefits of bigger wrestlers. I can`t wait to see Vince appear in front of a congressional hearing, that is something to look forward to for definite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

You know what this means don't you? Paul London - your future WWE champion! ;)

VR!

• Advertisement

You know what this means don't you? Paul London - your future WWE champion! ;)

VR!
    Or Vince McMahon's illegitimate son = Paul London!:)

Too bad theres no way of making these smileys bigger!
    Paul London smile :D

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭TheBigEvil

I wonder is that why Orton didn't get the title at summer slam. Was pretty sure they were gonna give it to him, and set-up a feud with HHH.

If that list is correct, they are losing some serious talent. Be interesting to see how long the suspensions will last for.

Good time for SOS to be joining.....maybe the next big thing !!:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AirDemon

I don't think someone should be commended just because they didn't take anything. I mean that's to be expected, don't go around saying Cena is a ledge for not taking drugs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Too bad theres no way of making these smileys bigger!
    Paul London smile :D

VR!

Thats nuts that the smilies can't be resized!! I'll try find a bigger one now!!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Fozzy wrote:

EDIT: Ah, I just read on FigureFourOnline.com that "It appears at this point that the ten wrestlers suspended were clients of Signature Pharmacy after the Wellness policy was created". That makes sense to me now, cos there's more names than suspensions. Bryan Alvarez suspects that more wrestlers are yet to be revealed as clients

thats what i was getting at in my earlier post.It is up to WWE to pick which of those wrestlers gets suspended but they better have a damn good reason not to suspend those that they dont suspend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

D-FENS wrote:
    The one person who I can't help thinking of in all this is Cena, slag him all you want but there's a lot to be said for the guy, performing at the top level the way he has and achieving the fitness level he's got, with out being involved in any of this cr*p.

I agree with you entirely.His wrestling skills are looked down upon left,right and centre but the guy really should be someone looked up to backstage.He has put alot of wrestlers,even those that are 2nd or generation to wrestlers to shame.
    He shouldn't have to come onto news programmes etc after something like this happens in the wrestling business to try and protect the wrestling business.Its a ****ing joke.
    This summer has not been a good year for wrestling and I dont know how much of this wrestling fans can take before they turn and say that enough is enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Or Vince McMahon's illegitimate son = Paul London!:)[/QUOTE]
    I really hope that punk gets the ecw title now.ROH could take over the wrestling world (evil laugh):p

D-FENS wrote:
    Batista - don't know how they explain this - Khali injured him maybe? Good riddance, but SM is even more of a state, Rey's return will help I suppose. With taker not back till Unforgiven, and obviously facing Mark Henry, then I would give Kane that one on one Title shot against Khai that he never ended up getting against Edge. And I know they've met several times recently, so to spice it up a bit - make it HITC or Punjabi Prison.

Smackdown
    Rey gets the title shot at the next ppv
    AirDemon wrote:
    Whats going to happen though like? I mean will the WWE suspend these people for 30 days and then welcome them back with open arms, or suspend for 30 days, retest and if they pass welcome them back or what?

The thing is, all these guys would have passed their tests when they were taking this stuff. I think they're getting suspended for buying stuff off the internet rather than actually taking the substances, because if they did pass their tests then they can't be suspended for that. Like someone said, it's as much an IQ test as anything. Nearly all the guys listed were taking HGH, which can't be tested for, and the guys taking testosterone were probably keeping their levels just low enough to pass the test

I'm sure the testing will still be done randomly, meaning some guys might be tested the week they come back and others mightn't be tested for a few months

From PWTorch:
    Greta Van Susteren interviewed WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt tonight on her "On the Record" program on Fox News Channel.

McDevitt talked about meeting with investigators regarding Signature Pharmacy clients who were contracted WWE performers. McDevitt said they told Albany, N.Y. authorities that if they confimed the information, they would act on it. Once confirming the shipments, Vince McMahon acted on it. Van Susteren asked if the wrestlers would be suspended without pay. McDevitt said that's the case.

McDevitt said there may be two more suspensions tomorrow. He said they have to talk with the talents to confirm information first.

He said that talent has been told the will be publicly identified in the future. "It's a fair notice issue to us," he said, regarding why they aren't revealing names today of those suspended. "We do that in the belief that it will give greater transparency to the program and hopefully operate as a deterent to anybody who wishes to engage in this activity."

McDevitt said this is not just a WWE problem. He said Signature Pharmacy was sending drugs to policemen, firemen, and pro athletes. He said he heard the NFL would be coming out with an announcement in the next few days. He said, "What you're going to find is that the drug of choice, if you will, for any athlete who wants to avoid a drug testing policy is human growth hormone which there is no test for. And it's a problem all leagues have, it's a problem we have, it's a problem anybody has who is engaged in drug testing. There's no scientific method to detect when an athete takes human growth hormone."

Sounds like the names were known beforehand by Vince. Some of them had been named back around March, like Eddie, Orton, Edge, Helms and Mysterio also

Johnny Stamboli is on the list too he's supposed to be resigned by WWE soon if he's not already

Here are a few more notes from WWE Lawyer Jerry McDevitt's appearance on Greta tonight:

- After confirming information from the Albany DA today, Mr. McMahon himself informed the 10 talents that they would be suspended.

- Nine of the suspensions are the Superstar's first offense while one is the second offense for the Superstar (Orton?). First offenses carry 30 days while second offenses carry a suspension of 60 days. Again, McDevitt didn't name any names or speculate as to who may have what.

- All of the suspensions come with no pay.

woooo232 wrote:
    Why do you have to give it to Cena? Because he wasn`t involved in this particular scandal and wasn’t getting drugs from the one internet pharmacy that was busted. Now I’m not saying the guy is on anything at all, but just because he wasn’t busted here doesn’t mean he is not.

Well until he’s found guilty, I think I’ll continue to assume he’s innocent if that’s ok (This whole thread is basically presumption at the moment anyway)

I just think that for a young guy to come in, be performing at the top level in short space of time, keep his head and the respect of his peers, take all his criticism on the chin and not been involved in any of the goings on we are hearing about other guys, is a good testament to Cena.
    I’m not commenting on his gimmick, wrestling ability, stick skills or the fact he’s been champ so long, he just seems to be a good example of a level headed guy thats needed in the locker room.

D-FENS wrote:
    Well until he’s found guilty, I think I’ll continue to assume he’s innocent if that’s ok (This whole thread is basically presumption at the moment anyway)

I wouldn't say that the Sports Illustrated article is presumption, they've got two reporters who've been working with the DEA since last year and who accompanied them when they raided some places connected to this story. I seriously doubt SI would write such detailed reports unless they had the correct information
    D-FENS wrote:
    I’m not commenting on his gimmick, wrestling ability, stick skills or the fact he’s been champ so long, he just seems to be a good example of a level headed guy thats needed in the locker room.

I'd have said better things about Regal 24 hours ago. Just putting things in perspective. I'm not saying Cena has done something wrong, but just like all the other wrestlers who aren't linked with this particular internet pharmacy, there's nothing to prove that they haven't done anything wrong elsewhere

Just thinking, Cena claimed that he knew nothing about what testosterone is for on some tv show. That had to be a lie. Maybe not as bad as Kennedy, but it costs him some credibility

The significant difference there is Regal has a long, and fairly sordid history with pain pill addiction. He even recalls it as an extra on the McMahon DVD where he was pretty much a basket case when he went for the interview with McMahon in 98. Hence why the Real Mans Man Gimmick didn't last long and we didn't see him for about another year and a half as he was in Rehab for most of it.

VR!

The significant difference there is Regal has a long, and fairly sordid history with pain pill addiction. He even recalls it as an extra on the McMahon DVD where he was pretty much a basket case when he went for the interview with McMahon in 98. Hence why the Real Mans Man Gimmick didn't last long and we didn't see him for about another year and a half as he was in Rehab for most of it.

Regal did an interview with an Australian newspaper two days ago where he said this:
    Q: The deaths of Chris Benoit and Eddy Guevvera have all been linked to steroid use, are steroids widely used in professional wrestling?

Certainly not, steroids is a hard thing for me to talk about, I’m open to talk about because it’s not something that’s part of my being as a performer, it’s not something that I’ve ever relied on or anything that I’ve had anything to do with.

When I was in my early 20s, in fact very early 20s when I was still living in England and travelling the world I dabbled in steroids, but nobody ever told me to or forced me to.

Nowadays we get tested very thoroughly and if guys are going to use steroids and they get tested they’re going to get caught and they’re going to get found out or they’re going to get suspended or fired, there’s no getting away from the fact that there are people who use steroids not only in our line of work but in all lines of sports or business and it’s something our company is doing its best to get away from and stamp out completely and hopefully that’s something that’s going to happen.

It’s something that I find very frustrating at the moment and all of a sudden because one person has done something that’s absolutely… I just can’t comprehend it and why we’re all being labelled as monsters all of a sudden and it’s not the case.

He said the same thign in his book about his steroid usage. And yet Regal is listed as buying steroids, HGH and drugs to counteract the unwanted side-effects of steroid usage up until less than a year ago. Maybe he was buying them so he could sell them on to others, I don't know, but it still makes him hypocritical

Link to interview: http://www.thedaily.com.au/news/2007/aug/29/regal-wrestling/?

Something that I don't think has been mentioned yet is that Raw's top heels are now Snitsky and Carlito

Fozzy wrote:
    Something that I don't think has been mentioned yet is that Raw's top heels are now Snitsky and Carlito

Thats a disturbing thought. An acne covered monster with bad teeth and a spanish midget with an "organised deconstruction" hairstyle.

RAW is so screwed! If Smackdown ever had a chance to turn around, this is it.
    VR!

• Advertisement

WWE's new PR representative, Baghdad Bob!~!:

BaghdadBob.jpg

Everything is FINE.

WWE's new PR representative, Baghdad Bob!~!:

BaghdadBob.jpg

Everything is FINE.

lol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Just watch, just you all watch as TNA does absoloutly NOTHING to capitalize on this!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

With Steiner and co. TNA would probably do well to try and stay under the radar now.

On topic, is Regal able to continue on in his out of ring role or what's the story. Only heard about this a couple of minutes ago so I'm a bit lost

Bubs101 wrote:
    On topic, is Regal able to continue on in his out of ring role or what's the story. Only heard about this a couple of minutes ago so I'm a bit lost

I don't think it matters whether he's in the ring or out of it, he's paid to be a performer and now he's been suspended from doing that

As of now the suspensions of the 10 wrestlers will be treated carefully. Stars that are involved in major angles will be given a few weeks to be written out of the storylines, drop their belts and so on. Wrestlers who aren't currently doing much will probably just be taken off with no warning similar to Jeff Hardy a few weeks ago.

There is the possibility that top talent like John Morrison may continue as normal but will not be paid. This has happened in the past

Source: Wrestlezone

Conflicting report to wrestle zone. Figure Four www.f4wonline.com update:

At this moment even within WWE the list of suspensions is being kept quiet. I presume at some point soon creative will have to be told as these are legit off-TV without pay suspensions. Vince, at least today, is again dead serious about this policy being followed to the letter, and that includes the three strike rule

WWE talent executive Mike "Simon Dean" Bucci was released today by WWE

Bucci worked as a high-up in all the developmental territories. Dave Scherer is reporting that the word among the wrestlers is that Bucci was called in for a meeting today by WWE in the wake of his name being mentioned by the The New York Daily News yesterday as being someone on the list of workers named in the Signature Pharmacy growth enhancing drug scandal.

Bucci's dealings with Signature took place when he was still an active wrestler, not a manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I read on the Wrestling Observer:
    Alex Marvez has an interview with Dwayne Johnson on the WWE drug suspensions up at www.foxsports.com

Has anyone found this article? I've looked on the site and can't find it. I'd like to know what The Rock thinks of all this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

The Rock says;

"Clearly, there has to be an aggressive educational program put in place," he said. "These guys have to be armed with the knowledge and understanding of how bad these drugs are and the dangers of mixing these drugs with the lifestyle they lead." Johnson said he used steroids entering his freshman year at the University of Miami, but not as a pro wrestler. "When I got into the wrestling business, I never cared about being the biggest guy. I just wanted to be the most entertaining."

Here

littlejp wrote:
    The Rock says;

"Clearly, there has to be an aggressive educational program put in place," he said. "These guys have to be armed with the knowledge and understanding of how bad these drugs are and the dangers of mixing these drugs with the lifestyle they lead." Johnson said he used steroids entering his freshman year at the University of Miami, but not as a pro wrestler. "When I got into the wrestling business, I never cared about being the biggest guy. I just wanted to be the most entertaining."

Here

Just as well he mentioned that fact really, cos he couldn't wrestle for ****! :D
    VR!

Simon Dean fired by WWE:
    www.wrestlingobserver.com

WWE fires one person on the list

Mike Bucci, although he had incredible heat on him from his regular job in talent relations and was on the bubble before his name surfaced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

WWE is fecked lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

woooo232 wrote:
    Simon Dean fired by WWE:

Now we know why some wrestlers would not take that stupid simon system drink, they knew what was in it.
    Plus anyone that wears a fecking purple tracksuit could not be right in the head.
    He was a lazy fecker also. he never walked to the ring.

Since a few weeks ago i have only half watched Raw most weeks ( when i was holidays i did not even sky+ it) and i do not even watch SD any more. Wrestling is fecked. Question is --- What is vince going to do about it ?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

probably bring back hogan... :( its getting that bad lately

• Advertisement

If there was ever an opportunity for Jericho to return, this would be it. Stick him on SD where HHH can't bury him this time.

I wonder if Warrior will bring out his own DVD in the next few months... entitled "The Self Destruction of the WWE" though? :D

VR!

It'd be a terrible time for Jericho to return.If you were in his shoes would you want to join a company embroiled in a big a scandal as this?

If it were me, i actually would, as i wouldn't have been around when the Wellness policy started and therefore it would have nothing to do with me. And WWE has been tarnished with drugs scandals since the early 80s at least, didn't stop Jercho going for it then. :)

VR!

But the bad publicity surrounding the WWE would hurt him with major brands in the US, not exactly a great idea when trying to promote a book. If I were him I'd go to Japan for 6 months or so to avoid the scandal and get rid of some rustyness before his return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Just as well he mentioned that fact really, cos he couldn't wrestle for ****! :D
    VR!

thats a bit harsh,he was no shawn michaels but he plenty of damn good matches,and in wrestlemania x-7 one of the best main events of all time

• Advertisement
Advertisement