Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE suspends 10 wrestlers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭ec18

krudler wrote:
    thats a bit harsh,he was no shawn michaels but he plenty of damn good matches,and in wrestlemania x-7 one of the best main events of all time
    He was right though he was a much better entertainer than a wrestler...even now he's remebered for his mic/skit bits than for any of the matches he had.....at least he could wrestle though compared to some of the guys around today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

yeah but he did have some great matches,id rather watch him than cena any day of the week,although they were both as bad as selling as each other,plus they both had a weak ass move that required a big setup to please the fans, but they were good on the mic,and the fans hated them at first but slowly came round........hang on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

From the observer news update:
    --On the suspension front, a press release sent out yesterday by WWE for tonight's Raw house show in Terre Haute has pulled Umaga and Mr. Kennedy off the show according to the latest info in radio ads. Main matches are John Cena vs. Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy vs. Carlito and Cryme Tyme vs. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch. If this is correct, then Randy Orton was not suspended, and there are company wrestlers who are of the belief Orton wasn't suspended, but this seems like an indication that's the case. The radio ads also have said "TV cameras invade the Hulman Center," to make people think it's a TV taping. (thanks to John Lawson)

--All the suspended wrestlers were flown the last few days into Stamford for a meeting with Vince McMahon. After saying two more would be suspended yesterday on Thursday night's Greta Von Sustren, Jerry McDevitt confirmed to Newsday in an article at www.newsday.com as saying there was one more suspension (making 11 total) and there would be no others.

It is believed the final suspension was a wrestler who somehow missed his flight, which didn't exactly leave the office happy.

--The only firing was Mike Bucci. The identity of the 60 day suspension will likely be clear in a few days.

--For the frequent questions about how can so-and-so not be on the list of guys suspended. None of these suspensions have anything to do with drug testing. They are simply wrestlers who purchased steroids (or in two cases Growth Hormone) from one specific pharmacy through the Internet. Many wrestlers continued to receive steroids through their home doctor, or from other wrestlers who have a source.

People asking why, say, Bobby Lashley wasn't listed, it's because he was not a customer from this pharmacy. Asking why no women were listed is because the women obviously had different sources or were clean. It is also openly talked about that the rich guys are taking things you can't detect in a test, and make sure to not leave a paper trail.

The key guys if they are using go to great lengths not to be caught because they are the key guys. A guy making $150,000 a year doesn't have the ability to pay for designer drugs, nor have assistants on payroll to make sure nobody can trace things (similar to Barry Bonds, whose purchases have never been able to be proven).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

krudler wrote:
    yeah but he did have some great matches,id rather watch him than cena any day of the week,although they were both as bad as selling as each other,plus they both had a weak ass move that required a big setup to please the fans, but they were good on the mic,and the fans hated them at first but slowly came round........hang on...

Fans hated him for a very good reason dude, he was nothing when he first came in, he was very ineperienced and he was pushed to the moon. HHH ended up dropping the IC title to him in early 97 in a move that shocked many and made no sense. HHH was experienced by that point and was developing serious heel heat after ditching Curtis Hughes as his bodyguard and bringing in Chyna who was interfering in matches left right and centre. Rocky at the time had no heat, not even canned heat for a face. Which would later lead to Rocky Sucks and Die Rocky Die chants. It would take him a year and a half before fans would turn around.

He had good matches, but i wouldn't say he had great matches. v Austin at Wrestlemania X7 was amazing I will give you that, but at 15 and 19, those matches were barely average. His mic skills got him over, which was my point, as it was just as well cos his ring work had no chance of doing that.

Nothing wrong with that. Hogan spent years doing that in the 80s in WWE, and Hogan could actually work with a lot more moves than he did in WWE. He just didn't have to, and same for Rock.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Smackdown/ECW spoilers:
    CM Punk won the ECW title so it looks like Morrison is out.
    Same for Chavo who lost an I Quit match.
    Eugene has been released but Orton is advertised for Raw.
    Who's next?

He had good matches, but i wouldn't say he had great matches.

versus Angle at No Way Out 2001
    versus Triple H at Backlash 2000
    versus Jericho at No Mercy 2001
    versus Benoit at Fully Loaded 2000
    versus Angle versus 'Taker Vengeance 2002

Now you can argue and say "Well look at the guys he was facing. It'd be hard to have a bad match with them".

Well fortunately for everyone, the majority of wrestlers around that period at the top of WWE were pretty dam good so he didn't have the oppurtunity to wrestle too many Great Khali's. But in all of them matches listed, he added to them immensely and was in no way just carried along.

I'd consider them all pretty great. There are other ones too I think but they were the ones that struck me right away. Of course he was unbelievable on the mic and that was the key to his overall popularity but he backed it up in the ring in time too.

Very interesting article on the Sun website going over what some wrestlers have said in the passed. Nobody comes out of this looking good.
    Damned by their own words

By SIMON ROTHSTEIN of THE LILSBOYS
    August 31, 2007

DENIAL of steroid use in wrestling is nothing new.

In the 1980's Hulk Hogan said he didn't take them despite his superhuman physique. He now admits using almost every day for 16 years.

When talking about the huge number of drug-related deaths in the business, today's grapplers have said they are due to problems of the past and the industry is now clean.

But at least 10 current WWE superstars have been found to be buying steroids and other drugs from the Internet, even after the company instituted a Wellness Policy specifically banning it.

Vince McMahon's group should be applauded for suspending them and sending out a firm message.

But you only have to look comments they have made - Brit William Regal as recently as TWO days ago - to show how little things have changed since the days of Hogan.

William Regal on August 29 - "Steroids are not something that are part of my being as a performer, it's not something that I've ever relied on or anything that I've had anything to do with.

"When I was in my early 20s, in fact very early 20s when I was still living in England and travelling the world, I dabbled in steroids but nobody ever told me to or forced me to.

"Nowadays we get tested very thoroughly and if guys are going to use steroids and they get tested they're going to get caught and they're going to get found out or they're going to get suspended or fired."

Ken Kennedy to The Sun on August 17 - "I never took massive amounts of steroids and do you know why I stopped taking them? Because of the WWE's Wellness Policy.

"Because they instituted the Wellness Policy (in February 2006) and I knew that having a job with the WWE was way more important than the 10 pounds of extra muscle that the steroids gave me.

"I stopped taking them and I had the biggest push of my life.

"I worked with The Undertaker for the last six, seven months. Working on top of all the house shows. I worked PPVs, I was on every PPV.

"I didn't take any steroids and that's the thing, nowadays, in our business, you don't have to take that stuff in order to get a push.

"We've got thousands upon thousands upon thousands of applicants every year, that apply to have a job as a WWE superstar and Vince picks the best of the litter, he picks the guys that have very good genetics."

Edge
    EDGE ... claimed he is clean as a whistle

Edge in March - "To the columnist who said a 'roided up thing called Edge' was at the NHL All Star Game a few weeks ago, in 2003, this may have been true.

"Now, not in the least, as my random urine tests, which have always been negative will attest.

"I guess I'll take the fact that he thought I was as somewhat of a compliment. To the fact that I've been lucky enough to have been gifted with a 6 foot 5, 240lb body naturally.

"And finally made it to the top of my industry last year on my own, clean as a whistle."

Gregory Helms (after the Chris Benoit murders) in July - "Failed, former stars (and I use that term loosely) like Marc Mero are only making things worse by trying to cash in and turn a tragedy into a last few minutes of fame on TV. That is just pathetic.

"There are a lot of great people in this business, both behind the scenes and in front of the camera, and the many should not have to suffer for the mistakes of a few.

Eugene got released too. http://www.pwtorch.com/members/artman/publish/article_20982.shtml

He had good matches, but i wouldn't say he had great matches.

versus Angle at No Way Out 2001
    versus Triple H at Backlash 2000
    versus Jericho at No Mercy 2001
    versus Benoit at Fully Loaded 2000
    versus Angle versus 'Taker Vengeance 2002

Now you can argue and say "Well look at the guys he was facing. It'd be hard to have a bad match with them".

Well fortunately for everyone, the majority of wrestlers around that period at the top of WWE were pretty dam good so he didn't have the oppurtunity to wrestle too many Great Khali's. But in all of them matches listed, he added to them immensely and was in no way just carried along.

I'd consider them all pretty great. There are other ones too I think but they were the ones that struck me right away. Of course he was unbelievable on the mic and that was the key to his overall popularity but he backed it up in the ring in time too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Umaga vs Jeff for the IC title has been announced for Raw. I'd assume Jeff will be getting the title

Orton working the house show is kinda strange. Jerry McDevitt confirmed that one of the wrestlers who was suspended has been suspended before, so I guess it must be Chris Masters and not Orton. But if Orton's not suspended, then either Sports Illustrated are wrong about him or WWE are just letting him away with it. Maybe Orton's first suspension was for this though

The next interview that The Sun do with a WWE wrestler should be interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

Holy crap, there's some serious names mentioned that could be taken out of active duty! Will be very interesting to se how the WWE works this one out. Will they actually take Orton, Batista, Kennedy, Booker and the ECW Champ Nitro off the air? Very unlikely IMO!!

If those guys go then who's left?? Raw will suffer big time if Orton, Booker & Kennedy go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The cruiserweight division could be given a huge push now because of the lack of stars.

From 1Wrestling.com, which isn't always the most reliable source, but take it for what it's worth:
    Before the ECW/SmackDown taping in Cincinnatti, Ohio, Stephanie McMahon conducted a talent meeting. The meeting was held at 4pm with the main subject being the changes to the Wellness Program.

The main changes made to the program and announced to the talent are:

- New talent signed by WWE will need to be drug tested before being signed.
    - Marijuana testing will now be in effect by WWE. If tested positive, talent will be fined one thousand dollars each time failed. Also, if tested positive for marijuana, talent will not be suspended and will not be included in their “three strikes” rule.
    - The drug “anti-estrogen” will be added to the banned items talent will be tested for.
    - From November 1st, talent who violate the Wellness Program will be made public by WWE.

Also, before the ECW/SmackDown taping took place on Saturday, Triple H addressed the stars during a pre-show meeting. He told the stars that the whole industry is now being under attack and it’s now time for everyone to stick together.

If HHH saying that is true, then he's full of ****. WWE seem to have this attitude of "us vs them", but the media were proven correct about drug problems in WWE on Thursday. I don't think there are many people who want wrestling to disappear or for WWE to go out of business, but WWE seem to think everyone wants that. The industry is not under attack. Drug use in the industry is under attack. If people like HHH can't separate the two, then the problem isn't very likely to go away

As for the marijuana testing, I'm sure there's plenty of guys who'd fail, but I guess it's just up to them now to decide if they want to spend an extra four grand on it a year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

From Pro Wrestling Torch:
    According to Wade Keller of the Pro Wrestling Torch, Randy Orton will not be suspended by WWE despite his name turning up as a client for the corrupt Signature Pharmacy online firm. Things do indeed appear to be in Orton's favor considering that he appeared at last night's Raw house show whereas the other wrestlers listed as being clients of Signature Pharmacy didn't.

WWE is telling people that Orton fessed up to his dealings with Signature Pharmacy a few months ago, and somehow "already did his time." Most of the guys in the locker room are not buying it at all and see this as WWE trying to get out of losing him right now when they need him in his high-profile storyline with John Cena.

Sports Illustrated reported on Thursday night that Orton received Somatropin (HGH), Nandrolone (anabolic steroid) and Stanozolol (anabolic steroid) through Signature Pharmacy from September 2004 until the firm was busted in February 2007. Stanozolol and Nandrolone are anabolic steroids. As noted several times before, buying steroids and other drugs through the Internet is prohibited by the WWE Wellness Policy and should result in a suspension. In Orton's case, it would have been his second offense, which would have called for a 60-day suspension.

WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt noted on Friday night that only one of the eleven wrestlers suspended is a two-time WWE Wellness Policy offender. Out of the fourteen WWE wrestlers listed as being clients of Signature Pharmacy, only Orton and Masters have previous Wellness Policy violations under their belt. Considering that Orton appears to be safe, it looks like Masters is the mysterious second-time offender. Masters didn't appear at last night's SmackDown taping. At last Tuesday's SmackDown taping, it looked he was starting a program with Chuck Palumbo after he chickened out of doing a Masterlock Challenge with him.

And from PWInsider.com:
    The feeling backstage at today's Raw taping is that the wrestlers expect more talent to be fired later today on the heels of the Signature Pharmacy drug scandal. There is even a rumor going around (this should be stressed as a rumor) that one top wrestler on Raw involved in the scandal may be given his walking papers later today. There is actually a name going around, but it can only be confirmed if its 100% correct.

You should also expect a title change in the Jeff Hardy vs. Umaga match at tonight's Raw tapings.

The Raw brand had the most wrestlers involved in the Signature Pharmacy drug scandal with seven in total. Those wrestlers are Randy Orton (who apparently has been cleared), Mr. Kennedy, Umaga, Charlie Haas, William Regal, King Booker and Santino Marella.

PWInsider says that Tommy Dreamer will fill in for Simon Dean in developmental on a temporary basis for now, probably because he already has experience at it. Dreamer, Val Venis and a guy called Ty Bailey who works under Johnny Ace are rumoured to be the top contenders to get the job full-time

From the figure four boards www.f4wonline.com, sourcing pwinsider :
    WWE RELEASES TAG TEAM
    by Mike Johnson @ 3:30:28 PM on 9/2/2007

World Wrestling Entertainment has released Raw tag team Cryme Time. I haven't heard particulars yet but do know there was an incident this weekend involving Cryme Time and WWE Tag Team champions Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch. Should we hear more, we'll update later today on PWInsider.com.

And then 2 minutes later it was pulled off the pwinsider site so who knows what to make of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Looks like the Cryne Tyme rumours were correct just confirmed on WWE.com

"WWE has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstars Cryme Tyme (Shad Gaspard and Jayson Paul) as of September 2. We wish them both the best in all future endeavors."

Link>> http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/crymetymereleased

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

From the figure four boards www.f4wonline.com, sourcing pwinsider :

And then 2 minutes later it was pulled off the pwinsider site so who knows what to make of that.

WWE.com made the following announcement a few moments ago regarding Cryme Tyme:

Cryme Tyme released
    Written: September 2, 2007

WWE has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstars Cryme Tyme (Shad Gaspard and Jayson Paul) as of September 2. We wish them both the best in all future endeavors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

I would have fired Cade and Murdoch over Cryme Tyme atleast CT are entertaining haha

EdK wrote:
    I would have fired Cade and Murdoch over Cryme Tyme atleast CT are entertaining haha

Are you serious? Cryme Time have done nothing to suggest to me that they deserve a spot on tv. Their matches are usually poor and all their skits really annoy me. Cade and Murdoch on the other hand are one of the best tag teams around. I won't be missing those two guys

• Advertisement

Nah can't stand Cade and Murdoch, There skits were played out but just there general buzz was cool, Saw them in the Point was actually surprised I liked them

Shad isn't great but he's the heavy, JTG is pretty talented though

Each to their own I guess, Murdoch is alright really dont like Cade though he's boring and only an average wrestler considering he was trained by HBK

Others trained by HBK hmm Brian Kendrick And Danielson.... No comparison really

Not to forget Paul London and Matt Bentley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

lc and murdoch were entertaining in the point when that kid smacked cade in the chest hehe

Haha that was priceless only because it was real

Perhaps the best thing they have done...........ever

Last week was just the last straw for me with Cryme Time though, Cade and Murdoch were having one of the best tag team matches from WWE in a long time with London and Kendrick, and then Cryme Time wrecked it all. Hopefully we'll get to see more matches like that now, since they're the only two tag teams left right now with Haas apparently suspended too

London and Kendrick make any match good though to be fair....

Shame on Cryme Tyme coming out and ruining a perfectly good match unscripted and everything......

Yeah but I do hate when you have a good match going that ends with needless interference or Dq's

• Advertisement

Source: PWInsider.com

During the meeting before the ECW/SmackDown! tapings yesterday, Batista asked Stephanie McMahon what he could do legally about his name being included in the recent media reports, citing publicly in front of the crew that he had never received anything from the online pharmacy companies. Stephanie told him that was an issue he and his attorneys should look into, also mentioning that she was under the impression he was already doing that (which would mean a civil lawsuit seeking damages).

Batista claims that there was no connection between him and the pharmacies and he is very upset at Sports Illustrated and other media outlets for reporting his name.

(Seriously though he has GOT to be on something, no way he is that jacked naturally, not a good move if he acts innocently takes on a lawsuit and gets found out. But from what I have read Dave Bautista is dumb enough and has a big enough ego to do it.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Considering how tight the rosters are getting if all of the suspensions carry through, do you think the WWE are considering making one of the belts like the tag titles common for all 3 brands

EdK wrote:
    Batista claims that there was no connection between him and the pharmacies and he is very upset at Sports Illustrated and other media outlets for reporting his name.

I don't think Sports Illustrated named him at all. Not in their article on Thursday anyway, and he wasn't mentioned back in March either. Since they've got guys working with the people investigating this internet pharmacy, Batista mightn't be involved here at all

I can't see them getting rid of any titles. There's still enough guys to fill up the tv shows and it's only for four weeks anyway

From PWInsider:
    Also interesting to note is that McMahon told the wrestlers that Vince McMahon was "looking forward to the Congressional hearings" on the sport and to testifying before Congress if and when he was called to do so. Two separate sources stated that Stephanie joked to the wrestlers that Vince was thinking of wearing a clown wig and shoes when he entered Congress in order to make a statement on the hearings.

When the meeting was over, Triple H addressed the wrestlers with something of a "rah rah" speech, saying that right now, he knows they are probably feeling they are in a horrible business and questioning why they want to be involved in it. He reminded them that they have a dream job where they get to make children happy and they get to live out their dreams of being involved in the business they all grew up loving. He said that he was proud to be a professional wrestler and that the entire business, not just WWE but all of wrestling, was under fire so it was up to the boys to stick together and work through it.

This is ridiculous. It seems like Vince (and his family) still doesn't think that there's a problem

Bob "Hardcore" Holly might be done as an active pro wrestler. Holly is reportedly having issues with his arm as a result of recent surgery and was slated to return to the Smackdown brand very soon.

The word that made the rounds at WWE's TV tapings yesterday was that his condition got worse after the surgery and he has having problems with feeling in his arm. A majority of the blame is being put on the doctors who operated on him.

Never liked him though he was an asshole to young wrestlers for no reason.

Hate to say it but he got what he deserved. He was just resentful he never made the big time, besides one title shot back when they were looking for the new "guy".

EdK wrote:
    Hate to say it but he got what he deserved. He was just resentful he never made the big time, besides one title shot back when they were looking for the new "guy".

Nah, he got that title shot purely because Brock was champ and he was the guy who broke Holly's neck. It was a ready made story for a ppv where they didn't need to rely on the champ to draw, the Rumble. He was never going to be kept in the main event

I've never been a fan of him as a wrestler, but he's been through some tough times with his arm. He nearly died last year because of an infection he got. I hope he's ok, but I'd still rather not see him on tv

• Advertisement

Hardcore broke his own neck by sandbagging/dead weighting Brock's moves

Typical Holly behaviour

Sorry Foz, but i have to say you're wrong there and EdK is in the right. Holly was resentful of Brocks push when Holly had been in the business nearly 8 years longer than Brock. He sandbagged all his big moves and tried to make Brock look weak and paid the ultimate price for it.

I really don't have sympathy for the guy, all he has been over the past five years is a miserable bitter bastard.

VR!

I didn't mean that Brock went out of his way to break Holly's neck, just that it was a ready-made angle

I remember last year there was a thread about Holly getting injured and I said something about how karma had come back to bite him and there were a fair few people up in arms about it! I seem to have softened in my opinion of him. This whole thing started with Angle breaking his arm, didn't it?

Fozzy wrote:
    I didn't mean that Brock went out of his way to break Holly's neck, just that it was a ready-made angle

Well it is WWE, they're the kings of ready made angles. "Eddie Guerrero is in hell" , anyone?
    I remember last year there was a thread about Holly getting injured and I said something about how karma had come back to bite him and there were a fair few people up in arms about it! I seem to have softened in my opinion of him. This whole thing started with Angle breaking his arm, didn't it?

Dunno about here, but i remember on a couple of other forums i said exactly the same, and i too got the roasting. Especially when he went into hospital with that straph infection. My opinion still stands though, hated him and thought he was a dickhead over his reactions over time, and still do to this day. As i stated earlier, I just can't feel sorry for the guy.

VR!

Just listening to Wrestling Observer Live, Meltzer brought up something I hadn't thought about at all: Charlie Haas was using steroids even though his brother died from heart disease, which could very well run in their family. It seems like he feels forced to do it

They brought up the old steroid policy a few times as well, when guys like Davey Boy Smith and Brian Adams were fired when they were caught taking steroids. These days they have to get caught three times before they get fired, why the change?

Fozzy wrote:
    Just listening to Wrestling Observer Live, Meltzer brought up something I hadn't thought about at all: Charlie Haas was using steroids even though his brother died from heart disease, which could very well run in their family. It seems like he feels forced to do it

Funny you bring up Russ Haas there, how that guy was given medical clearance to wrestle is beyond me! Although on the flipside to that, look at Kurt Angle as there's a history of family heart problems there too!
    They brought up the old steroid policy a few times as well, when guys like Davey Boy Smith and Brian Adams were fired when they were caught taking steroids. These days they have to get caught three times before they get fired, why the change?

I may need a memory refresh for this one. I was under the knowledge that Davey walked in 97 over the Bret screwjob, and was released in 2000 due to a pain pill addiction (unless they were talking about his 92 release which i thought he was offered an insane amount by WCW). Adams on the other hand got busted with Weapons charges in 95 and had to be written out of the script, and then walked in 2001 disgusted at the suggestion of going back to OVW (while Clark actually agreed to do so), and again just jumped to WCW for more money and less work time in 1997.

The only one i remember from an old policy for steroids was Warrior after his second comeback in 1992 for failing the test.
    VR!

I may need a memory refresh for this one. I was under the knowledge that Davey walked in 97 over the Bret screwjob, and was released in 2000 due to a pain pill addiction (unless they were talking about his 92 release which i thought he was offered an insane amount by WCW). Adams on the other hand got busted with Weapons charges in 95 and had to be written out of the script, and then walked in 2001 disgusted at the suggestion of going back to OVW (while Clark actually agreed to do so), and again just jumped to WCW for more money and less work time in 1997.

They mentioned at least four guys I think, but I'm a bit tired and forget who exactly. I'm pretty sure Bulldog and Adams were two they did mention though, Dave went into a bit more detail on them that I can't remember right now

From PWInsider:
    :
    Also interesting to note is that McMahon told the wrestlers that Vince McMahon was "looking forward to the Congressional hearings" on the sport and to testifying before Congress if and when he was called to do so. Two separate sources stated that Stephanie joked to the wrestlers that Vince was thinking of wearing a clown wig and shoes when he entered Congress in order to make a statement on the hearings.

IF this is actually true, words fail me.

Actually they don't. They might be laughing off the threat of Congress. However, if you look at what they've done over the last few days leaving aside the suspensions with Eugene, Chris Cage and the new additions to the Wellness Policy, it's clear that its having an impact on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Chris Jericho can nearly name his price at this stage. I wonder why there has not been any WWE stars doing tv interviews. I'd love to hear Mr Kennedy on tv now:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Chris Jericho can nearly name his price at this stage. I wonder why there has not been any WWE stars doing tv interviews. I'd love to hear Mr Kennedy on tv now:p

Exaclty, bring back Y2J and RVD and Stone Cold and Rock and DX and Corporate Ministry and Hogan and Randy Savage... (too far?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Cryme Tyme were the best!

MONEY MONEY
    YEH YEH

Regal was getting funny as **** too :D

How long are the suspensions for? They should just fine the flip out of em instead of suspensions.

DRakE wrote:

How long are the suspensions for? They should just fine the flip out of em instead of suspensions.

What do people want?

All the fans crying crocodile tears when a wrestler from their childhood dies due to drugs and then they don't want wrestlers suspended when they get caught (albeit belatedly and not by the WWE) for violating the drugs policy. You can't have it both ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 lw

Chris Jericho can nearly name his price at this stage.

Vinces Bastard son. Now what would be funny !

From PWTorch:
    A WWE source tells PWTorch this afternoon "several names" listed in media reports as being a customer of the Orlando-based online pharmacy are inaccurate, the most prominent of whom is Batista. ESPN reported his name, but Sports Illustrated - which had more details - did not. The wrestlers wrongly named are said to be fuming, but WWE won't let anyone in the company right now say anything on the record to the media as that has backfired on them the last two months too many times.

I never read any sort of explanation as to where ESPN got their list of wrestlers from. Sports Illustrated have guys working with the investigators, so they've got the inside story and I would be surprised if they were wrong

PWTorch also says that there's talk of bringing in Robert Gibson of the Rock N Roll Express, if it's even just to help out at house shows with younger guys. He's a trainer in OVW right now I think

Kanney wrote:
    Exaclty, bring back Y2J and RVD and Stone Cold and Rock and DX and Corporate Ministry and Hogan and Randy Savage... (too far?)

Yep, you went too far when you hit RVD. The rest are either retired because they're crippled to sh*t, or should have been retired 10 years ago!

VR!

Batista posted this on his official site:
    To my fans and friends:
    I categorically deny a report on ESPN.com, and repeated by other media outlets, that I am or ever have been a customer of Signature Pharmacy of Orlando, an on-line pharmacy company that is a target of an investigation by the Albany, New York District Attorney's Office.

I am being tested regularly by the WWE, and I am in full compliance with the WWE Wellness Program.

I regret the inaccurate reporting, and I will do all I can in the future to stop any publication or anyone from making such false accusations.

It's a pity we can't take him for his word

The Sports Illustrated writer who did the story covering what drugs the wrestlers were prescribed was on a tv show where he said Kurt Angle was a client as well. That had already been reported back in March, but it hasn't really been talked about recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Fozzy wrote:
    Batista posted this on his official site:

It's a pity we can't take him for his word

The Sports Illustrated writer who did the story covering what drugs the wrestlers were prescribed was on a tv show where he said Kurt Angle was a client as well. That had already been reported back in March, but it hasn't really been talked about recently

Even if hes not part of the signature online pharmacy thing, theres no way in hell you get a physique like batistas without help

Shin

shinzon wrote:
    Even if hes not part of the signature online pharmacy thing, theres no way in hell you get a physique like batistas without help

Shin

It goes back to something Bruce Mitchell wrote as he was watching Raw last night. He wrote sarcastically:

Just Another Dirty Signature Pharmacy Suspendee run out by a clean living Superstar…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

He doesnt deny being on roids however

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

An article from Lance Storm on The Fight Network. (Spoiler tag on ECW Spoiler)
    SUPPORTING WELLNESS

By: Lance Storm
    The Fight Network

It’s a shame Rosie doesn’t still work for WWE because the S.H.I.T. definitely hit the fan this week. If anyone was questioning the authenticity of WWE’s Wellness program, I think those questions have once and for all been put to rest. With pressure mounting from the media and the pending congressional hearings into steroid use in pro-wrestling, WWE is not only enforcing the Wellness policy with a vengeance, but also expanding it. Even WWE’s staunchest critics are going to have to admit that WWE is serious about their Wellness program.

The enforcement of this program is going to come at a price mind you. This past week WWE suspended 11 Superstars and fired 2 others for Wellness related violations. Most of these suspensions and terminations come on the heels of the investigation into Signature Pharmacy for illegal steroid (and growth hormone) distribution. Over a dozen current WWE performers have been listed as clients of Signature Pharmacy, and apparently received Internet prescriptions for steroids and / or human growth hormone, which depending on the dates the drugs were received, would be in direct violations of WWE’s Wellness program.

WWE has not released the names of those who have been suspended, but it is believed that the suspended talent will be pulled from events so it won’t take too long to figure out who the guilty parties are. WWE has also stated that as of November 1st all Wellness program failures will be made public. This is a huge step forward and I think adds a ton of credibility to the program.
    John Morrison (one of the names link to Signature) has already dropped the ECW World Title to CM Punk,
    and it is expected Umaga (also linked to Signature) will do the same with the IC Title for Jeff Hardy on RAW. There are going to be a lot of changes made to the WWE product over the next couple weeks with this many people, and many of them top players, getting suspended. Titles are changing hands as a result, and I would suspect many top programs are going to have to be redirected and rewritten.

The biggest program change may be the direction of the Vince McMahon illegitimate son angle. Vince’s last big angle (his death) had to be given up on after the Benoit family tragedy, so you can bet Vince isn’t going to want to risk having this current program screwed up by a Wellness violation. This angle is likely planned to lead into WrestleMania 24 and will be a HUGE money program, which involves every member of the McMahon family. Whoever is selected to be Vince’s bastard son is going to have to be someone Vince is absolutely sure won’t be getting suspended for Wellness violations. If the bastard son gets suspended the entire McMahon family could lose their WrestleMania program.

There were strong rumors floating around that Mr. Kennedy was the leading candidate for the roll as Vince’s son, but he is one of the names linked to Signature Pharmacy and is likely one of the 11 people suspended. If Kennedy is one of the 11, he may have just lost his spot in the biggest money program of his career. I doubt they are planning on holding off on the announcement of who Vince’s son is for another 30 (or perhaps 60) days so if Kennedy is suspended, someone else will likely get this top money spot.

If nothing else, all of this chaos should lead to must see television. I for one will be watching WWE programming this week just to see who is and isn’t on the shows and who gets written out of existing storylines. Programs may have to make unwanted and unexpected turns, while others may be dropped completely to accommodate these current suspensions.

One thing that I think is very important for fans to remember in all of this is that suspensions and the enforcement of the Wellness program is a good thing, for the industry and the health and welfare of those working in it, and needs to be supported by the fan base. If the talent roster seems a bit thin (both figuratively and literally) in light of the new suspensions, you can’t complain about it or allow the ratings or event attendance to dip as a result. If previous mid-carders (who haven’t failed the Wellness program) get elevated to Main Event spots, we have to support them.

WWE is in a position right now, be it by choice or be necessity, where they are punishing (suspending) those who use drugs, and as a result will be rewarding (featuring) those who don’t. We as a fan base need to do the same by supporting the product stronger now than ever before. Show WWE (both the talent and the office) that we will support a smaller drug free product every bit as much, perhaps even more, than a drug enhanced one. Sending any other kind of message makes you a part of the problem not a part of the solution.

Advertisement