Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE suspends 10 wrestlers

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Thats Lance Storm speak for "Sh*t!, had i stayed with the company i'd have been pushed now!"

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

He was a bit too boring to get pushed. He comes of a hell of a lot better in writing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Bubs101 wrote:
    He was a bit too boring to get pushed. He comes of a hell of a lot better in writing

I have yet to see Lance Storm be boring. Although that "Lance Storm Is Boring" angle was boring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Bubs101 wrote:

Check ECW One Night Stand (the good one), him vs Jericho (one of a plethora of examples, that's just the most recent) and then say he's boring.

I can't wait to see what happens with the bastard angle. "Things are looking up" suggests some one big, Khali or Snitsky, but it could be a swerve ball and be none other that Hornswaggle, who used to be called Lil...

Yeah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,008 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

"...his angle is likely planned to lead into WrestleMania 24 and will be a HUGE money program, which involves every member of the McMahon family. Whoever is selected to be Vince’s bastard son is going to have to be someone Vince is absolutely sure won’t be getting suspended for Wellness violations. If the bastard son gets suspended the entire McMahon family could lose their WrestleMania program."

I'm thinking Mick Foley, Undertaker or Chris Jericho. Mick Foley has never used steroids. Also one of the main WWE writers is pushing for his return in a prominent role. I would love if it was one of these three.

• Advertisement

Undertaker probably isn't too likely given how easily he seems to get injured. Plus his father died in a fire, did he not? I'm not sure if they'd bother trying to explain that though

If it was Mick, it could be the funniest stuff we've seen in a while, or it could fall flat on its face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

wouldn't mick be a bit old to play vinces son

When Vince was on SD recently, there was a bit with him and Kane, but Paul Bearer is Kane's daddy!

Jericho would work but I hope to god it's not him. If they are building towards WM 24 surely that points towards some one with talent rather than a Khali or a Snitsky. Imagine Snitsky vs HHH headlining WM? :D

Fozzy wrote:
    Undertaker probably isn't too likely given how easily he seems to get injured. Plus his father died in a fire, did he not? I'm not sure if they'd bother trying to explain that though

If it was Mick, it could be the funniest stuff we've seen in a while, or it could fall flat on its face

They could get a round his father dying easily enough but given his age and recent injury you're probably right it won't be him. I think Foley would be great for the role but if they are looking towards the future it should be someone active on their roster. I think Carlito would be a good choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I think Carlito would be a good choice

Especially if Coach was right and his sister is the lady in question. I think they might have to get him from ECW as in the other promotions there's not too much mid card talent that isn't involved in a storyline or has any ability. I'd say CM Punk or Burke could have potential.

Just a side thought. I'd like to see Vince claim it was Cody Rhodes and have Dusty vs. Vince at the Rumble

• Advertisement

ec18 wrote:
    wouldn't mick be a bit old to play vinces son

He's 20 years younger than Vince, not that much of a stretch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

but how does the looking up apply to foley?

I never considered Punk for this but that could really work. Everyone is creaming themselves over the possibility of Punk vs HHH. I'm all for that!! Things are looking up though, that one line ruins everything.

Carlito is a 3rd generation superstar so I'd like to see them try and explain that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Double C wrote:
    Imagine Snitsky vs HHH headlining WM? :D

i would rather watch paint dry than watch Snitsky at WM never mind in the main event :eek:

They could say that Mick's looked up to Vince over the years as a father-figure in some way. They could say that he looks up to Vince for making him a star. They could say that things are looking up for Mick now because he'll be recognised as a McMahon and he'll get all the power that comes with it. Like I said before, they can really play that clue any way they want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

yep that clue can be used any way you want, doesn't mean it has to be some tall guy, it could as easily be a short guy "looking up" at Vince

Lance Storm has written a clarification on his earlier commentary here: http://www.stormwrestling.com/090407.html. He says that what he wrote initially may have sounded too positive

This probably isn't worthy of its own thread, but it relates to this. TNA have released Test, according to PWTorch, because of his over-muscular physique. They don't think that he could pass a drug test, and with the spotlight on them now with congress they decided it was best to get rid of him and that he can come back if he loses weight

On one hand I want to say well done to TNA for getting rid of Test, because of steroids or not! But if they're going to release him, then why not Scott Steiner as well?

Bet me to it Foz! Test is gone, sweet!

If Steiner is releases, questions would have to be asked over Angle too, but he holds every title in the company, so thats not going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,342 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I think i read TNA have told one of the wrestlers currently out, The Punisher or something like that, that they won't put him back on TV until he tones his physique down, for much the same reasons they gave test - but siad it was more to do with the impression his size would give as opposed to saying he was probably on steroids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote:
    But if they're going to release him, then why not Scott Steiner as well?

He'll be in the semi main event on their next ppv. Maybe thats why.

I'm glad the Lance Storm clarified what he had to say.

Tauren wrote:
    I think i read TNA have told one of the wrestlers currently out, The Punisher or something like that, that they won't put him back on TV until he tones his physique down, for much the same reasons they gave test - but siad it was more to do with the impression his size would give as opposed to saying he was probably on steroids.

You sure it wasn't the same guy? TNA have been calling Test "The Punisher" Andrew Martin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,342 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fozzy wrote:
    You sure it wasn't the same guy? TNA have been calling Test "The Punisher" Andrew Martin
    :D

riiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggght.

Yep

That would be it.

:o <--this smilie doesn't begin to cover it. didn't read he'd been released though.

I remember when the WWE resigned him last time round that had done so because he was seen as a 'naturally' big guy,so i assumed he was clear now.

Tauren wrote:
    I remember when the WWE resigned him last time round that had done so because he was seen as a 'naturally' big guy,so i assumed he was clear now.

He posted on his Myspace recently about how he took steroids, and he failed a drug test by WWE earlier this year. He claimed to be clean when he signed with TNA though, but he still kept defending his right to use steroids

Test has spoken some amount of crap over the years. Then again as the saying goes the only consistent people are the dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

He excuses it by saying wrestling isn't real so it doesn't affect the outcome, it's like getting botox or something

What a dumb a**hole, does he have any sense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

From Pro Wrestling Torch
    There is a rumor going around noting that King Booker is serving a suspension, but there's a chance he could also be sitting out in protest, since his name didn't show up in SI's Signature Pharmacy case. Whatever the case may, it looks like he's going to be off television for a few weeks. Booker is said to not be happy with one of the new changes in the drug policy -- which shouldn't be too hard to figure out. He has not quit yet; however, he is unhappy and some say his heart is not in WWE all that much. Furthermore, Booker's real-life wife Sharmell is reportedly not "married" to the business and would have no problem walking away either. She'll stay as long as Booker stays in WWE. She wants to practice law and has been telling people that she wouldn't mind dropping wrestling to focus on that.

If he's not happy about the marijuana testing then he just has to pay the four grand a year. I'm sure he's making plenty of money and could spare that if it's so important to him. I'd say there's more to it though, but WWE would be very foolish to let him go

Something that I think is being overlooked in this whole case is one key word, distribution. The 10 guys were named buying steriods from the site but how many of these guys actually took them? I know some are obvious, Morrison for example, but for the moment I'd prefer to think the likes of Regal and Haas (cos of his brothers story) weren't involved in actually taking them. They were buying them for Batista I tells ya :D

I haven't read much on the whole situation and I may be way off the mark, but I read about distribution when the story broke and I haven't seen a single person mention it since.

• Advertisement

Double C wrote:
    but for the moment I'd prefer to think the likes of Regal and Haas (cos of his brothers story) weren't involved in actually taking them.

The rose tinted glasses came off a long time ago.

How likely this is to be true or not i don't know but I recently read that Booker T wants input into the creative process and to attend production meeting like Triple H does. He also wants a main event push.

Judging from the Raw house shows, Santino has not been suspended. They've also moved Dave Taylor and Paul Burchill over to the Raw house shows, to cover for the lack of tag teams I suppose

We all need more Burchill. I'd say this could be a way of making space to bring up the Hart Foundation 2.0. Surely they will slot straight into Smackdown.

Was just reading this on Rajah:
    Today’s edition of The Palm Beach Post features an article looking at the Signature Pharmacy story. In it, they name Paul “The Big Show” White and Ric Flair as receiving packages of steroids from a Tampa clinic in 2003. According to the paper, an employee of the clinic named Misty Waldo, told detectives that when she was hired by the clinic she was told that she would see wrestlers. Waldo claimed that she sent overnight “packages” to both Big Show and Flair; however, investigators did not specify the contents of those packages.

The paper said that they contacted Wight but he did not return a message that was left for him yesterday. WWE also declined to comment when reached regarding Ric Flair.

The story features an interesting quote by Chris Benoit’s father Michael Benoit where in the wake of the study that revealed his son had severe brain damage, he said, "I work for a company that the No. 1 priority in the company is the health and safety of the people that work for us. I only wish that my son was in an organization that had the same values."

Victoria responds to rumours of WWE Divas violating the Wellness Program:
    Two Rumors...

I'm sick to my stomach about a couple of things, and I want to address them. First, I get some emails today asking me if I'm one of the WWE Divas that "a number of WWE sources" claim are using drugs. Where did that information come from? Where did that quote come from? Wrestling websites. So I want to address those wrestling websites...

My mom is a wrestling fan. My nieces and nephews are wrestling fans. I have many girls and young women who look up to me. I do not, and have not ever violated the wellness program, even before it existed. For those who do not know, I used to work in the medical field. I know that the drugs that unnamed WWE Divas are accused of taking can cause anything from sudden death to organ failure to serious lifelong medical conditions. It's irresponsible to suggest to young women that they need to take drugs to look like a WWE Diva. We all have serious diet and training regimens. My trainer has trained over 100 professional athletes, and I train as hard as any of them. That's what it takes to look like a Diva. So I am giving three options to any website that suggested that any of the WWE Divas have violated the wellness program.You can choose any one:

1)Print a retraction and apology to the WWE Divas.

2) Produce any of your "number of WWE sources"

3) Contact WWE. Pay my WWE appearance fee. I will take a polygraph test saying what I have just previously stated. And if I fail, not only will I reimburse you for the WWE appearance fee, but I will donate $10,000 to your favorite charity.

And to any website that made that false claim that doesn't either want to apologize, pony up your source, or put your money where your mouth is, I say this...I will never grant an interview with you. I will go out of my way to make sure that no other WWE talent ever grants an interview with you. And I will make it my mission that should any indepedent worker ever grant an interview with you, should they make it to the WWE, they will get the most brutal "welcome to the bigs" in the history of sports entertainment.

Okay Gang, we're only halfway home. Here's my other rumor killer. Over the past couple of days, many, many fans and gamers have emailed me and asked if it were true that I asked not to be on the WWE video game, because I was left off for the third year in a row. This is absolutely incorrect. I have been with the company for seven years. I was on the game four years ago. I thought it was one of the coolest experiences of my life. You don't have to be a gamer to appreciate this, but it helps, but imagine how cool it is to play "you" in a video game. Your features, your moves. You! It was awesome. And you get paid for it too!

So would I request not to be on the game again? Heck no! Bottom line, I can't explain why I'm not on the game. I appreciate both your outrage and support.

Thanks for listening to my rant...I needed that...

Lisa Marie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Contact WWE. Pay my WWE appearance fee. I will take a polygraph test saying what I have just previously stated. And if I fail, not only will I reimburse you for the WWE appearance fee, but I will donate $10,000 to your favorite charity.

Funny most people take polygraphs for free to vindicate themselves - not try and make a buck out of it

Yeah cos Victoria is a picture of health she is, the Steve Austin of the womens division needing 2 knee braces just to step into the ring. No drugs used there at all there miss ;)

Anyway who does she think she is anyway? She acts like she has a lot of stroke with the company! She hasn't done anything of note in the company in about two years! I see the point she's trying to make, but she went the wrong way about it.

VR!

Victoria:
    And to any website that made that false claim that doesn't either want to apologize, pony up your source, or put your money where your mouth is, I say this...I will never grant an interview with you. I will go out of my way to make sure that no other WWE talent ever grants an interview with you. And I will make it my mission that should any indepedent worker ever grant an interview with you, should they make it to the WWE, they will get the most brutal "welcome to the bigs" in the history of sports entertainment.

Classy lady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

that is just priceless - I dont know where to start, her threats, her promises or the fact that this could end up like a "Kennedy"-ism

"I didnt do it....oh **** wait I did, but I lied" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

AMERICA'S most prominent wrestling writer has labelled the WWE's drug testing programme "more fishy than even the most sceptical would have believed".

Dave Meltzer claims that when the federation designed their Wellness Policy in February 2006 it contained a serious loophole that allowed wrestlers to continue using a "well-known" method of obtaining steroids for faked testosterone replacement therapy.

In this week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter he quotes an unnamed ex-WWE employee who regularly bought drugs from Signature Pharmacy, the same firm revealed last week as supplying many grapplers with steroids and growth hormone over the Internet.

Meltzer writes: "He told us he had been getting steroids from Signature in 2005 and that everyone everybody in the company did it.

"He said they would not supply steroids without just medical cause, because of their controlled legal nature.

"He said the routine (among wrestlers) was to get on a heavy steroid cycle, then get off and not take any HCG, which kicks your natural testosterone back in.

"Two weeks later, when the testosterone boost from the steroids is gone, but before your natural level of testosterone has kicked back in, you get a blood test.

"Even if you are in your early 20s, you will be diagnosed with significantly low levels of testosterone.

"What's the medical treatment? Testosterone therapy.

"Basically, you get a lifetime prescription, if you want to keep using it.

"The point of all of this is when David Black designed the WWE's unique steroid policy, as the only sports testing programme we're aware of that allows the testosterone replacement exemption, the policy specifically allowed the well-known method wrestlers were already using to defraud the system.

"This is not a system the wrestlers came up with after the policy was enacted, but the system already in place by the wrestlers."

Meanwhile there has been a mixed reaction to the WWE's decision to suspend at least 10 superstars accused of using Signature Pharmacy.

While Meltzer notes they took more than two weeks to act and that Randy Orton is still set to headline the next big PPV, two other vocal critics have been more welcoming.

Marc Mero told The Sun: "The suspensions are a move in the right direction to address the drug problem in pro wrestling.

"I wish it didn't have to take so many of our brothers and sisters to die so young.

"I can only hope that these wrestlers that are suspended turn their bad choices into a positive platform to help young people that idolize them."

Lance Storm added: "While these suspensions did expose that WWE's Wellness Policy was either extremely flawed, or poorly enforced, perhaps even both, they also showed that WWE is being put in a position where things are having to be done and they are at least being done.

"With a three-strike rule still in effect, and WWE announcing that names of talent failing Wellness and facing suspensions will be publicly released as of November 1, there is going to be a lot more pressure on talent and WWE to clean up.

"Even if talent can circumnavigate Wellness, fear of exposure through other investigations into doctors and suppliers, should make everyone rethink the risk of steroid and drug use.

"We are still a long way from prefect but, by hook or by crook, these suspensions happened and are a small step in the right direction."
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003560001-2007420118,00.html

Mero had to get the dig in.

• Advertisement

Terry wrote:

It's all the likes of him, Lanny Poffo and Lance Storm are useful for now. I got used to it years ago.

VR!

Mero didn't "get the dig in" though. The Sun were just quoting him from a previous interview that they did with him. It's not as if Mero rang them up when he heard that they were doing another story on how WWE's Wellness Policy is a sham

Advertisement