Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abbeylands, Clane

Options
  • 30-08-2007 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

This ones a long shot, but is anyone here living there?? The lawn to be specific??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭reverandkenjami

Anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jubi lee

what whats up with it. you might get more replies if you state what your problem is?

Moved in last week & need to know who the cable provider is to the apartments.. Called chorus, they said they don't do that area, can't get an answer from the management company & clane cable systems seems to have been bought by NTL!! .. The apartment is wired & has the Tv points etc, the previous tenant had cable..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Have you called NTL then?

BuffyBot wrote:
    Have you called NTL then?

Such a stupid question! Yes, first thing i did & they told me to contact chorus who then told me to get in touch with clane cable systems! Being sent round in circles!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Such a stupid question! Yes, first thing i did & they told me to contact chorus who then told me to get in touch with clane cable systems! Being sent round in circles!!

Well there's no need to bite her head off!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Chorus and NTL are the same company.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

MayMay wrote:
    Well there's no need to bite her head off!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

His ;)

And the reason I ask, OP, is because you would be surprised how many people don't do the simple things - and you didn't mention it in your post explaining your situation :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

BuffyBot wrote:
    His ;)

And the reason I ask, OP, is because you would be surprised how many people don't do the simple things - and you didn't mention it in your post explaining your situation :)

Apologies Sir ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Such a stupid question! Yes, first thing i did & they told me to contact chorus who then told me to get in touch with clane cable systems!
    Is that the TV shop in the village beside Next Door Off licence. I think they do the connections for Corus/NTL in that area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jubi lee

clane cable have indeed been bought out by NTL. ring 1800321321...

jubi lee wrote:
    clane cable have indeed been bought out by NTL. ring 1800321321...

Tried them too :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

just hold the cable close to your mouth and shout reallly loudly until you get a reply.

KamiKazi wrote:
    just hold the cable close to your mouth and shout reallly loudly until you get a reply.

If only it was that easy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

KamiKazi wrote:

:D

Every now and then a post like KamiKazi's comes along that causes me too make that funny snorting noise as I try not to laugh out loud at my desk here in work. I still get weird looks from my co-workers though.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I'm over in Alexandra Walk, and had cable with Clane Cable Systems until they got bought out. The deal still seems to be kind of mental, i don't think they've been hooked up to the NTL network proper. The channels are still different from the usual NTL basic cable channels.

I get my bill from chorus/ntl/upc/whatever, though.

I'd say your best bet is to go in person to the clane cable systems place, it's between the obriens and the credit union on the prosperous road. Go in and give out to a real person :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Heh, so just as an update --

Got a letter in the door yesterday, turns out NTL are doing big upgrades in the next few months in Clane, so digital TV and eircom-free broadband are on the way! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

sweet - when will ntl be fully switched over to digital in clane?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Don't hold you breath on this one! NTL did big upgrades in Celbridge last year and the service got worse. They keep sending out loads of offers for digital TV and broadband but when you call them the services are not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 April08

Just move over and subscribe to "Sky"........ problem solved.....:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement