Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social.ie

Options
  • 30-08-2007 10:27pm

What's this all about then? I noticed that 'blog' and other things beside 'adverts' underneath your avatar have become 'social'. Is this another part of the world domination plan?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Buddy list request sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Interesting indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I've been watching that site for a while to see what it is all about.

Is it just me or is there no way to actually subscribe to the groups?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Blowfish wrote:
    Is it just me or is there no way to actually subscribe to the groups?

Looks like you can create your own. Nice to have a blog as well. If only I could think of something to say in it though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Great another thing I'm going to be addicted to. Oh well time to kiss my free time goodbye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

i just noticed baz_ is actually my friend it seems :confused:

when are we going fishing baz underscore old buddy?? Man its gonna be great to have a buddy at last :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'll be your buddy *puts on sinister voice* for a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Whoops, it's collapsed already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

did it have a search function :confused:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Note to Cloud: Myth knows too much, release the attack-monkeys....

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Well spotted Myth. Must be some new fangled thing.

It'll never catch on. I said the same thing about the interweb back in the day, I was right then too.

Well spotted Myth. Must be some new fangled thing.

It'll never catch on. I said the same thing about the interweb back in the day, I was right then too.

You said the same about the automobile. They were big for a few years then everyone got bored of them. This man knows his stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Hey, now I've got three blogs I don't post to.
    Keep up the good work chaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I'm doing work with the technical system behind social.ie today - it won't work until DNS finishes propagating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just what the world needed, a fancier blog.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

It makes the popular feel more popular and the less popular feel like ****.

Just like the Irish Welfare System.

:(

Funny you should pick up on that, I was thinking how it'll proberly be very cliquey.

Mike.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thanks for the feedback, we'll keep it on file... in a filing cabinet.

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback, we'll keep it on file... in a filing cabinet.

DeV.
    I see DeV is on a boat.....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

mike65 wrote:
    Funny you should pick up on that, I was thinking how it'll proberly be very cliquey.

You mean, like real life?

• Advertisement

Yes!

And when I say yes, I mean... no.

DeV.

nesf wrote:
    You mean, like real life?

Indeed, real life on the internet.

Down with this sort of thing.

If the sub-site should go live and catch on will it put any additional stress on the system?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Yes, absolutely. We're just going to keep dumping on the tubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

mike65 wrote:
    Down with this sort of thing.
    Careful Now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Are there random buddies on the front or something? And why is there a list for buddy and buddy of? If you are buddies, you are buddies dammit.

Now to actually get past the first page..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Hehe - okay, I'm working on it, and there is a bug in the buddies functionality. By rights, you should have to approve from both ends, but the approval form doesn't work very well so I'm looking for a solution... So for now, you'll see the buddy / buddy of thingy, but later we'll change it to buddy and pending requests.

I've set up a http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Social_Beta page for you to discuss bugs, desired features etc.

Thanks!

John.
    --

World domination is afoot!

BigCloud is watching :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Are the various blogs we now have going to be merged? Seems to me that only having one each makes for better content.

Advertisement