Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wrongdate on Fixed charge notice...should I Fight it?

Options
  • 30-08-2007 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

I was stopped for speeding in Galway about a month ago...I put my hands up for it and the guard said he wasnt goin to load on the points....
    ...i was a bit suprised a week later when a fixed charge notice landed stating I was caught BUT the date for the offence was incorrect,it was for the following day....I can probly prove my whereabouts at that time in question as was at the Galway races with friends...
    Anyways I was wondering should I dispute the charge and if so how...

P.S I Dont really want to hear from the I Dont ever speed brigade on how naughty I am!!

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I'm normally one of the "suck it up" brigade, but in this instance I'd try to prove being elsewhere, just in case the original speeding case were to rear it's ugly head (as in if the mistake was a number being taken down wrong on day 2 from some other car).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭2stageturbo

Go for it ! Should get away with that one.
    Fight the power !!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh fight it if you can prove you were somewhere else at the time on the date given

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

If you take it to court, the guard can request to change the details on the ticket. You'll then end up with double the points... I'd just pay it and put it down to experience.

Had similar happen to me when my name was spellt wrong on my ticket. The missus is a solictor and they've had clients fight similar cases and get done on the day in court due to the details on the ticket being amended on the day.

Advertisement