Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best Skoda Fabia model?

Options
  • 30-08-2007 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of getting an Octavia but they are a lot of $

Whats the best Fabia model out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

worded wrote:
    I was thinking of getting an Octavia but they are a lot of $

Whats the best Fabia model out there?

The best Fabia model with the exception of the expensive and rare 1.9 TDi 130bhp vRS version would probably be the 100bhp 1.4 litre 16 valve version or 1.4 litre 75bhp TDi diesel. They are as common as hen's teeth but might be more popular in the UK.

Try and get the Comfort or Elegance trim, avoid the Classic trim (no electric windows, etc). Other models to avoid are the saloon version as it is pointless and the old 1.9 SDi diesel which is ancient and doesn't even have a turbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Isn't there an MPI version 75bhp I think, a rare limited edition one.

Wiki:

Engines

The term MPI (Multi-Point Injection) is used by Škoda to differentiate from 16v models and (in the case of the Octavia) FSI engines. The 75 bhp version of the 1.4 16v was only mated to Volkswagens four-speed automatic transmission with fuzzy logic operation until the addition of earlier sport models which mated it with a manual transmission. The 1.4 8v was dropped in 2003 as it will fail to meet future emissions requirements. Its performance is heavily hampered by its old OHV (Pushrod) design. The Fabia's overall performance and fuel consumption figures fall behind other city cars and small family cars as it is larger and heavier. However, the 1.2 HTP Engine was developed specifically for the Fabia and offers better performance and fuel economy, but later used in Volkswagens own Polo due to its high acclaim. HTP Stands for High Torque Performance.

The Fabia models are available with the following petrol engines: 1.2/55bhp and 65bhp; 1.4/75bhp and 1,4/75bhp automatic and a 1.4/100bhp. Diesel engines range from the 1.4 TDI/70bhp & 1.4TDI/80bhp to 1.9 TDI PD/100bhp.

I would go looking for one of those :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I could not in all sincerity drive a car called a Fabia :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

bazz26 wrote:
    Other models to avoid are the saloon version as it is pointless
    Saloon has a very large boot for a small car. H/b boot looks tiny - from the outside anyway!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

What's your budget. Here's a great value vRS. I'm currently driving a Fabia vRS and it's the best car I've ever owned (well only my second car but still :) ) Good performance, excellent economy(averaging close to 50mpg, mix city/motorway driving) and has been totally reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

esel wrote:
    Saloon has a very large boot for a small car. H/b boot looks tiny - from the outside anyway!

Maybe but access to the saloon's boot may not be as practical as the hatchback. Saloons of this size don't sell very well (in Ireland anyway). Polo saloon and Seat Cordoba were poor sellers too.

Looks like the new Fabia will not be available as a saloon either which would suggest poor sales of the original one. Small estate varients of the Fabia and Peugeot 207 seem to be more practical if you need the extra space.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

bazz26 wrote:
    Maybe but access to the saloon's boot may not be as practical as the hatchback....Small estate varients of the Fabia and Peugeot 207 seem to be more practical if you need the extra space.
    Guy I know who has one is a bass player and swears by the boot. Helped him load/unload his gear a few times no problem. I agree the Estate looks roomy.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

fletch wrote:
    What's your budget. Here's a great value vRS. I'm currently driving a Fabia vRS and it's the best car I've ever owned (well only my second car but still :) ) Good performance, excellent economy(averaging close to 50mpg, mix city/motorway driving) and has been totally reliable.
    Do think about this one seriously. Here is what Jeremy Clarkson wrote about it. I had an Octavia vRS which was absolutely fantastic, especially at the price. I'm considering another one.

Advertisement