Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Sale /Wanted (read first post before advertising)

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Have some 100amp 12vdc lithium batteries for sale. Bought them for a job thats now complete. They have literally been charged twice. PM if interested.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Physically what size are they, and would you know how much they weigh?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Cello 20" Widescreen LED TV, with DVB-T (Saorview), DVB-S(Freeview) and DVD, 12v.

PM if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Father Frisky

Hi there. Bit of a longshot but my neighbour is looking to source a 1200x600 window for a 92 Talbot campervan with a highlander body. Appreciate if anyone knows of one for sale or can point me to where I could source one. Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭oinkely

Hi All,

Just a quick post in case anyone is looking for a 2 berth motorhome. My parents have just bought a new one and have a 2006 Hobby 2 berth for sale. It's on a ford transit. Just passed DOE in the last two weeks.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/motorhome-details/202111019119476?advertising-location=at_motorhomes It's the same layout as this one but with slightly different upholstery.

Fixed double bed to the rear with bathroom alongside, Separate shower cubicle. Kitchen is in the middle with a very large fridge and freezer, oven and plenty of cupboard space. seating and table are set out parallel with the sides behind the cab. Both cab seats swivel to face the table. Table can be made into a bed too i believe, but it hasn't ever been used in that configuration by them anyway. The extra cushions to make up the bed are there, just not sure how it works. There are two belted seats. Usual hobby high spec lighting and finish. Heating, hot water etc all work. Electric step and twin bike rack on rear. Note there is no awning on it. Fridge recently serviced as they use it on gas as much as electricity so wanted to be sure it was working properly.

One soft spot in the bathroom floor which i was being tasked with tackling before they decided to replace with a twin bed model given some recent medical issues making the double bed impractical for them.

Shower silicone needs to be resealed also.

Overall it's in very good condition and my parents have owned it for 6 years. They are selling as the bed layout has become impractical and they wanted to future proof as they love the campervan life and plan many more years of travelling around Ireland and France and need a twin bed layout instead of the double now.

I don't have any pictures of it at the moment but will get some at the weekend and will get a donedeal ad up then also. They are thinking in the region of €27K based on other similar ones they have seen advertised in the recent past and are open to offers. It's in Wicklow (near Brittas Bay).

Just thought I'd post it up here in advance of getting the ad together for done deal / adverts etc.

Happy to answer any questions, and send on pics once I have been out to grab them at the weekend. if anyone is keen to see it in the meantime let me know and i can arrange something.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Greenview

Hi, 

I am looking for an obscure bathroom window for a lunar quasar 544 (manufactured Oct 2013) with markings as follows:

PolyPlastic 

Holland

V-X/B ROXITE PMMA

E1 43 R-001745

Thanks in advance

John

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Maybe this is the place to post.

Anyone have a used propane / lpg gas heater. Im looking for one for a project similar to whats in this video.

My heater is giving bother in my hot tub so Im going to replace it with instant water gas heating which should heat up quicker and cheaper than replacing the tub.

Thanks

Richie

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Shinsen

Hello all,

I see that there are many posts under this topic.

However, I need some direction for my research. I hope it is ok my message in here.

I think for the idea I have in mind is finding a caravan which is already located in some park somewhere in Ireland. As long as the place is nice and quiet, is fine. I would use it more as a holiday home rather than travelling around. Beside, I have a Fiat 500. I am not sure if my little car can pull a caravan 🙂

I would like to rent it for a few months from May until end of August or I would buy it if it is affordably priced. I am looking for a small one, for one max two people.

Could I please ask for an advice on where I should start my research?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭52paddy

First Campervan Purchase

Hi all,

I'll keep this as brief as I can. I've got 15k to spend on my first campervan and, while I'm excited at the prospect, I'm also a little overwhelmed and lost in the sea of campervan advertisements online. I'm not clued in on campervans at all. I've have a little experience with cars (did a brief stint in a garage for a few months many years ago so I have a basic idea of what to watch out for and I also am interested in cars, generally, so also keep abreast of particular issues associated with cars I may buy) but zero with campervans. I have owned vans in the past and am also licenced to drive buses and rigid trucks so, again, I have a familarity with bigger vehicles but I am no HGV mechanical expert nor do I have an iota of knowledge on the caravan-body front. So, what am I looking for?

I want it to be comfortable for both myself and my partner which means, ideally, a comfortable, fixed double bed and also some storage facilities for clothes, electronics and musical instruments (banjo, mandolin, guitar - that's my livelihood). We also like to cook all our own meals so having a good hob and food storage like cupboards and fridges/freezers is essential (a system that's economical to run would be a bonus but I'm not sure of anything other than camping canisters and large gas bottles e.g. Calor).

Heat will be important so something well insulated is a must. I'm not sure how these vans are usually heated (via the regular heater in the cabin?) and nor am I sure of what way to determine whether something has a high efficiency in this regard so I would appreciate advice on how to check this.

Lastly, the van itself would ideally have a reputation for being bulletproof in the mechanical department (engine, transmission mainly) and the body will not be severely prone to rust when looked after. I owned two Renault Masters in my time (a 2006 and 2011) both of which I found to be fantastic vans despite hearing horror stories of constant gearbox issues. I've also driven many Transits (from as early as 1999 right through to a 2018) in panel van, ice-cream van and minibus format and, whilst their reputation has often been highly regarded, I've never liked them and several I've tried have had constant electrical issues. I've also driven some Mercedes Sprinters which I find a lovely vehicle in the driver seat but have heard the bodies tend to rust easy. So, with all this information, plus completely unknown models to me such as the seemingly favoured Ducato and a variety of other vehicles unfamiliar from Hymer and such, I really don't know where to start. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I should add that I'm also willing to pay a finder's fee if an expert would be interested in linking up and viewing some vans with me. I'm based in North Dublin.

Paddy

So much for brief....:-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭niloc1951

The first thing to do is start looking at the two distinct categories, panel van conversions (both DIY done and Factory done) and coach built (the ones that look like a caravan on a light truck chassis)

After you decide which type ticks most of your boxes, none will tick all, go hunting for what you want within your budget. I wouldn't be too hung up on base vehicle type at this point, it's the selection of the accommodation layout and specification that best fits your need that is most important.

Thanks for that. I've two in mind to view over the weekend. A 92 Ducato, coach body, 2.5TD. Very well serviced and kitted out but a few dents near the overhead cab.

And a 97 Dehflwatyoucallit Ducato Class A type. 97k km on the clock. Very spacious. Tested. But everything has been turned off and needs restarting in terms of electrics, gas etc...probably an easy job but I've not done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭yammagamma

Hi

im looking for a caravan motor mover if anyone has 1 for sale , ? like a emove or a powrtouch

im also was enquiring about buying a new 1 in the uk but need a courier to pick it up from the premises

can anyone suggest a courier service that do this and ship it to here the weight would be about 38KG and i think box would be 100cmx40x40 if not 2 boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭traco

Interesting - says drive on car license but can't see that being less than 3,500kg

• Registered Users Posts: 24 sflynn6

Hi,

I'm interested in buying a camper van but am not sure where to start. The basic requirements are:

1. It's for 2 adults and 4 children.

2. I plan to keep it and use it on the continent so I will buy it there as well.

3. I'm going to a camper convention in Prague in March and thinking of buying there , I just don't know which models I should be looking at.

4. I want to keep the camper for a long time so I'm thinking 2021 or younger.

5. I'm aslo thinking of some fuel efficient model.

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thank You.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 abitofachancer

Joined October 2021?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Wherever you buy, if your principal place of residence is Ireland the vehicle will have to be registered, taxed, and insured in Ireland, it will also have to undergo its CVRT here in Ireland.

However, if you own a property, such as an apartment or holiday home out foreign you can register the vehicle at that address, BUT you can't use it 'back home' in Ireland. For example, many people who have a holiday home in Spain also have a locally purchased car which they use when they are out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

In a not-dissimilar boat here. New or recent used are in very short supply - cheapest used one we've seen is €65k, so we're reevaluating what to do.

Right now it looks to me like Germany / Holland is the place to go, and we can more or less search for a spec we like, used. Class C, Automatic, 2-berth, aircon, bathroom/WC, and not based on a van, so that means a semi-integrated one.

Found a good few on www.mobile.de so that's we're searching atmo - there is an amount of them in the up-to-mid-40s budget which we'd be comfortable with (I know VRT etc is on top of that).

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

we have moved (lock stock & barrel) from Ireland to UK last year, and have always wanted a small campervan. A weekender type thing. Had a Ducato 6 berth years ago (fixed bed in the back - kitchen table converts to double …. yeah right! …. and a double over the cab) and had plans that the kids would come with us on adventures. But the kids were teenagers and didnt want to go with the oldies …. so we sold it and said maybe a smaller one some day …. well someday arrived a month ago. Got ourselves a Vivaro pop-top and love it. Kitchen, rock n roll bed, fridge , and a casette toilet well disguised as a stool for middle of the night calls of nature. Its small but perfectly formed, as they say.

Point is … got it here in UK and the range of options available, styles, price, kit etc is huge. Something for every budget. We did travel a couple of hundred miles to pick up 'Wendy' in the end but she was worth it.

Not sure if a UK purchase will suit , as you might have to re-reg it / import it wherever you go, but worth considering. Easier to deal with folk / garage / etc if you speak the local lingo … bab ;-)

PS our ducato was 25 years old when we had it, and body might have been showing age, but the engine was bulletproof. Still got to 90kph easily! Had many more years left in her but parts were getting hard to source for a van of its age. I heard (dont know how true) that Fiat make great vans (engines) but their cars are a different story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Hello, My wife and I enjoy wild (tent) camping, but the weather has cut a lot of our trips short, due to obvious reasons. We generally stay local, within 100km of home, but for a few years, we will not be going abroad, so figure we will head further up the country and go for longer trips and perhaps even the UK NC 500 etc. I am not the biggest fan of traffic, so I want something like a Transporter, or any similar size of campervan. We only need a double bed, small hob and fridge and storage. A reliable engine, 2l+-, no rust.

Does anyone know of any coming available in the next few months? we wont be ready for it until about mid to late September, but I'm trying to do some research now so I know what to look out for.

Is there anywhere we can find out the pros and cons of a UK import? I know there is a much better range to choose from, so would be willing to put the time in to travel for the right van.

Any and all suggestions from knowledge and experience are appreciated.

Our budget is around e15-18k

Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisement