Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Ibiza or Opel Corsa?

Options
  • 30-08-2007 11:26pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello im just about to buy my first car and was looking for some advice i have narrowed the choices down to a 2001 1litre seat ibiza or opel corsa i would just like to know which you think is best i like the look of the corsa's but volkwagen owning seat makes more inclined for the ibiza more reliable?

any suggestion or experiences with either car much appriciated

Many Thanks
    Bernard:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

i cannot comment on a corsa but had a 96 ibiza for 4 years, brilliant reliable never gave me trouble, never

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd probably lean towards the Ibiza, but ensure everything electrical works, especilly the heater control, which is electronic, this'll cost you 400 quid to put right if it's broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

also , if it's the 00-04(ish ) generation, check that the clutch pedal doesn't feel heavy or stiff, as the pedal box can be a weak point on these cars (6n polo platform)

Advertisement