Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schuh for Limerick

Options
  • 30-08-2007 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭

Woohoo! Finally we're getting a schuh! I know it isn't the most important or most interesting of news but hey...it's something positive for the city centre...well at least i think/hope it's the city centre!
    Store should be opened before Christmas. Location yet to be announced :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Just what we have always wanted.......

...........on a slightly related note, is there a possibility Easons may open a second limerick shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Hopefully its in town and not the crescent,its not fair the crescent is getting all the good shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

Yesss,
    I will have to make the trip over to see that

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Easons is moving into the Crescent.

The location is the newsagents where the post office used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Isn't that a very small unit for Easons? Or is it just going to be a smaller version of Easons? I presume they will keep their shop in town as well??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Would they be going into Finns on william street??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Easons is moving into the Crescent.

The location is the newsagents where the post office used to be

In the crescent?
    A brand new newsagents just opened there in the last 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Melion wrote:
    In the crescent?
    A brand new newsagents just opened there in the last 2 weeks

Yep, defo not Eason going to that unit. It was a rumour that was doing the rounds.

The Eason rumour that I had heard first is that they are opening a second store in the Coonagh Shopping centre just before Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

Woohoo! Finally we're getting a schuh! I know it isn't the most important or most interesting of news but hey...it's something positive for the city centre...well at least i think/hope it's the city centre!
    Store should be opened before Christmas. Location yet to be announced :D

forgive my ignorance, but what is a "schuh"

Schuh is a shoe shop.....but is better than the average shoe shop basically.

Hopefully Eason will open up somewhere new anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Yeah a second easons would be fair handy! Coonagh is a good location it'll give that side of town something the other side doesn't have...

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Hey, so does anyone know if theres a Waterstones bookshop anywhere in Limerick?

Mackleton wrote:
    Hey, so does anyone know if theres a Waterstones bookshop anywhere in Limerick?

Nope, just cork and dublin. Limerick has O'Mahony's which is along the lines of Waterstones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Spengman

sioda wrote:
    Would they be going into Finns on william street??

Aha, you could be right there sioda, the windows of Finns are currently plastered with pictures of shoes!..

They've had the builders in renovating it for a good while now, it surely cant be far from being finished!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Thats great news about Schuh! Their website is often mentioned over on Bargain Alerts when they have a sale on and you can order on the site and pick them up at the shop (and try them on! :D ).

Better than trapsin' around - shoe shopping is on a par with a trip to the dentist's in my books! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Kess73 wrote:
    Yep, defo not Eason going to that unit. It was a rumour that was doing the rounds.

Yep I can confirm what Kess73 said.
    Its the same crowd that owns the "The Card shop" that opened the News Agents in the Crescent at the moment that replaced newsland.
    They were looking for staff a while back and got some nice
    looking staff. The Receipts said the card shop on them at first.

As for the original topic I never heard of Schuh until I read this thread.
    Hopefully they do mens stuff as well and they are not one
    of these overpriced for rubbish quality stores.

~B

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Its a class shop, i got a nice pair of DC's in the one up in Dublin. I pop into the store whenever im up there, always some good deals on. Also a huge range of skate shoes(most comfortable shoes you can buy IMO)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

oh well wrote:
    forgive my ignorance, but what is a "schuh"

TBTF.....I thought I was the only one..... :o

Next question - what's a "pair of DC's" ?

lol.....the name of the shoes, like Vans, Etines, etc. Skate shoes. I have a pair on now in fact haha

Schuh is all over the UK...it's already in Dublin, Cork and Galway. A Limerick store was well overdue. And as for the shoes they do...they do everything practically, DC, Nike, Adidas, K Swiss, Etnies, Converse. Great Store.

• Advertisement

Just read on the Paper now that Schuh is opening in one of the new units on Bedford Row...hopefully the rest of the tenants will be as high profile as Schuh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭4tothefloor

bullets wrote: »
    Hopefully they do mens stuff as well and they are not one
    of these overpriced for rubbish quality stores.

Just out of interest, what do you consider 'overpriced' for a pair of Leather shoes? Just interested cos most men are cheapskates when it comes to shoes......they don't want to pay the money, yet they expect them to last for 12 months :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Lazers pew pew

i get me nike air macs from champion sports bud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 davemc06

Fair play Lazers! Can't beat d'old air max! :p
    I shall wait for this shop, hopefully its as good as James says it is! :D

davemc06 wrote: »
    hopefully its as good as James says it is! :D

Oh indeed it will be as good as i say. Am I ever wrong? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 davemc06

Oh god yeah! But sure if you want a list! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

I picked up this "Limerick City Matters" magazine over the week end. In it it said that City Central (Bedford Row) will be open on December 1st. It said the shops that will be there are Schu, Pamela Scott, Tony Connellys, Clarks shoes and Jack and Jones. There will also be a restaurant and a cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Goofy wrote: »
    In it it said that City Central (Bedford Row) will be open on December 1st.

is it the one attached to the Mariott? I thought they never finish that...

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

Yup thats the one. Still looks like a building site at the moment although thay are putting the glass up on the shopfronts. the apartments above the shops arent supposed to be finished until feburary though.

• Advertisement

I thought Jack and Jones were going into McCarthys on William St. Wonder what'll be going in there then...lots of work going on in there aswell.

Advertisement