Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schuh for Limerick

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Spengman

Goofy wrote: »
    I picked up this "Limerick City Matters" magazine over the week end. In it it said that City Central (Bedford Row) will be open on December 1st. It said the shops that will be there are Schu, Pamela Scott, Tony Connellys, Clarks shoes and Jack and Jones. There will also be a restaurant and a cafe.

A bit of a dissapointingly mediocre line-up, just how many stores does Tony Connolly need? although a city centre Jack & Jones is long overdue. I think Diesel are also opening on Bedford Row, they usually stick to the larger cities (Their only other store here is in Dublin) so at least thats good news!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Spengman wrote: »
    A bit of a dissapointingly mediocre line-up, just how many stores does Tony Connolly need? although a city centre Jack & Jones is long overdue. I think Diesel are also opening on Bedford Row, they usually stick to the larger cities (Their only other store here is in Dublin) so at least thats good news!

Havana in Arthurs Quay is Jack & Jones

I know, but Im talking about a proper sized J&Js, theres hardly room to swing a cat in Havana! The units on Bedford Row will have 3/4 floors of retail space i believe! Probably the first high quality purpose built retail units in the city! (and dont anyone mention Cruises Street!:rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

where are you getting Diesel from? I think Fordmount only used Diesel on the images of the shops as an example.

where are you getting Diesel from? I think Fordmount only used Diesel on the images of the shops as an example.

Well there was a poster advertising for staff on the site hoarding a couple of weeks back! So!....

• Advertisement

oh right! class!

I picked up this "Limerick City Matters" magazine over the week end. In it it said that City Central (Bedford Row) will be open on December 1st. It said the shops that will be there are Schu, Pamela Scott, Tony Connellys, Clarks shoes and Jack and Jones. There will also be a restaurant and a cafe.

Where can you get the "Limerick city matters" magazine?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I thought Jack and Jones were going into McCarthys on William St. Wonder what'll be going in there then...lots of work going on in there aswell.

Not sure if it is the McCarthy's unit, but Gamestop are defo going into William Street. They are advertising for staff for a store on William Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

Where can you get the "Limerick city matters" magazine?

Some one picked it up for me in Ivans supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

Spengman wrote: »

The first shop on Bedford row looks like it could be open soon. The interoir is well underway with a big Diesel sign behind the counter. Most of the units on Bedford row are now glazed and the have started glazing the units on Henrt street

• Advertisement

Id say its looking unlikely that all the units will be open before christmas! Fordmount development have in the last few days submitted an application for alterations to the layout of some of the retail units;

a change of use of Retail Unit No. 9,10 and 11 a Basement Level and part of Retail Unit No.11 (46 sq m) at Ground Floor Level to provide a restaurant (436 sq m in total) the provision of a Mezzanine Level (34 sq m) at Ground Floor Level to serve the proposed restaurant; a chaNge of use of Retail Unit No. 9 to a cafe (230 sq m) at Ground and First Floor Level(98 sq m and 132 sq m respectively); the relocation of an internal party wall resulting in the increase in size of Retail Unit No. 10(120 sqm to 166 sq m) and a reduction in size of Retail Unit No. 11 at Ground Floor Level (from 114 sq m to 68 sq m) and the amalgamation of Retail Units Nos. 10 and 11 at First Floor Level to provide 1 no. retail unit (499 sq m in total); relocation of party wall resulting in an increase in size by 21 sq m of Retail Unit No. 6 and a corresponding decrease in size of Retail Unit No. 9 (proposed cafe) at First Floor Level; 3 no illuminated external signs on the signage zones of the proposed amalgamated Ground Floor Retail Unit and proposed restaurant; and the provision of a duct to serve the proposed restaurant internally from Basement Floor Level to First Floor Level and externally from Second Floor Level to Roof Level; and all other associated minor elevational changes proposed as a result of this application.

Former Savoy Cinema Complex
    Henry Street/Bedford Row/Stella Lane/Mill Lane former Bedford House
    Bedford Row

Get your head around that if you can! Essentially they're applying for a
      Change of use of no.s 10,11 at basement and part of the first floor at no.11 to a restaurant.
      Unit 9 will now be a cafe
      A reduction in the size of 11 and an increse in the size of no.10
      Increase in the size of no.6 and a decrease in the size of the cafe(no.9)

As far as Im aware, theres only going to be 7 units, so dont be fooled by the numbers, they just seem to be sticking to the original numbering system. I think at first, there were plans for 14 retail units!

The first shop on Bedford row looks like it could be open soon. The interoir is well underway with a big Diesel sign behind the counter. Most of the units on Bedford row are now glazed and the have started glazing the units on Henrt street

Yeah they're a pretty cool waterfeature on the wall behind the counter if you look in close enough.
    Well it looked like water anyway :p maybe the pipes just broke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 T-A-M-P-O-N

I heard that Bershka is pening in bedford row too?? anyone know?? :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Yeah, I saw that too (Limerick City Matters)... pretty intereting read, read it in the barbers while waiting. Cant see them being able to publish those too often, not enough going on in the city to warrant at second one at the moment at least. Probably a twice annual type thing or something, still though... great little idea.

Diesel is class, it is actually a lot bigger on the inside then i first thought, annoying the way they have men and womens scattered. Kept wandering into ladies section looking at the clothes until i'd notice they were very feminine. haha...

Hope some top shops move in their and another top shop moves Identikit. Tony Connollys on Patricks street is a shopping marvel in this city, really the only shop of its kind here. Basically the size of 5 regular shops (considering its over three buildings and on three floors), plus its in a beautiful building. Hope they dont leave that for Bedford Row.

Came across this story on the new Limerick Leader website, They're claiming Tommy hilfiger and Tom taylor are also opening on Bedford Row, I hadnt heard these two mentioned previously! If its true, it'll certainly be a great boost for city centre trading, there seems to be a huge amount of confidence in the city right now!:)
    Diesel store to open €100m City Central

By ANNE SHERIDAN

TILLS will be ringing with increased frenzy this Christmas, as the first store in the €100m City Central shopping development on Bedford Row opens this morning.
    The Italian clothing store Diesel will be opened at noon today by Mayor of Limerick Cllr Ger Fahy, while the majority of the other retail outlets are expected to open by December 1.

One of the managers of the designer store, Rishi Malde, said they are delighted Diesel is coming to Limerick. "We have three outlets in Dublin and are really looking forward to being a fresh, trendy, jeanswear brand to Limerick," said Mr Malde.

Dozens of fashionistas across the city and county are anxiously awaiting of Schuh, the UK shoe store which will be open in Limerick for the first time and already has outlets in Dublin and Cork.

Meanwhile, male followers of fashion will also be catered for with the opening of Tommy Hilfiger and Jack and Jones, within the City Central complex.

Other top retailers who will open their doors to the public in two weeks include Pamela Scott, Tom Taylor and Clarke's Shoes. A number of other retailers have yet to be announced. Developer Michael Daly, managing director of Fordmount Properties, said he expects the centre to be fully operational in the Spring and said planning permission is currently being sought to locate three retail kiosks in the centre of Bedford Row.

The renowned restaurateur, Ronan Brannigan, of the Market Square Brasserie restaurant, will also be opening a restaurant in the centre.

A number of apartments in the development will be available for let next February.

In January, another retail development will open on the opposite side of the street. The 7 million retail centre at the old Grand Central Cinema site on Bedford Row is currently under construction and the original Gothic façade of the Methodist Church will be carefully retained in the new development.

To add to the festive spirit, the Christmas lights on O'Connell Street will be shining bright next Wednesday, November 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Saw the Diesel shop today. Fancy

When is Schuh opening?

Saw the Diesel shop today. Fancy

When is Schuh opening?

Schuh's opening Thursday, aswell as Jack and Jones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Whats the big deal with this Shuh shop?? Looks like just another shoe shop with just the odd nice pair of shoes...?!?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Whats the big deal with this Shuh shop?? Looks like just another shoe shop with just the odd nice pair of shoes...?!?!?!?

They have a great selection with loads of top brands under one roof, converse,vans,various other skater shoe brands, K swis, caterpillar etc full list can be found here, http://www.schuhstore.co.uk/mens_main_frameset.asp

Advertisement