Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limit connection speed

Options
  • 31-08-2007 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

I'm looking for a program that allows me to limit the speed of an internet connection.

I've tried out netlimiter but that seems to be based on an application level, and any limit imposed seems to be applied to all adapters.

I need to be able to select a specific adapter and impose a limit on that, while another adapter will be allowed run unlimited.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

easy on a mac or in linux , use iptables

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Are you on broadband?

Does your router have QoS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭moynihan

If you have a spare POS pc lying around I'd go with pfsense. Based on BSD you can do all kinds of traffic shaping and limitation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Myxomatosis

I'm using Windows so no iptables, no router, and no spare PC.

I found a piece of software called SoftPerfect Bandwidth Manager which has the ability to do the exact job I need. It's pricey but luckly I only need this solution for a month and the Bandwidth Manager has a 30 day trial period :D

Advertisement