Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on occasional puppy madness!

Options
  • 31-08-2007 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some advice - I have a 16 week old pup, she is really sweet and well behaved 95% of the time but is prone to occasional bouts of madness - when she gets excited she jumps and bites me around the legs and tries to jump up to get my arms too - shes making snarly sounds while doing this - I'm getting holes in my clothes from those sharp puppy teeth! - I'm not scared by this but other people naturally are - my cousin took her for a walk the other day and when she got to the beach she went a bit loopy on her - poor cous a bit freaked out. I know puppies can have a mad five mins every now and then but this is my first dog so not sure what is normal.

Have tried to figure out the triggers - she sometimes does it when playing a particulary exciting game - so try to play more calmly with her - seems to be working ok - also when she doesnt get her own way - ie. being put back on the lead on the beach etc. but this evening she did it seemingly for no reason after coming back from a walk when we had just calmly walked into the garden!?

Have tried various reactions but am at a loss - ignoring and walking away - fine but not possible if out on a walk and sometimes she just chases after me anyway! shouting crossly - this just makes her more excited - saying ah-ah calmly which is what usually works if shes doing something shes not supposed to - all to no avail, any ideas?

Advertisement