Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More fun with Ireland's mobile networks!

• 31-08-2007 12:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭

I finally got a major issue sorted with O2 who have been charging me through the nose since last February for MT- calls on O2 UK in Belfast. Needless to say, these should be free of any charges but although some continued to be, most were charged in error at exorbitant rates.

The issue began on foot of my upgrade to a Motorola V3xx -so intitially I suggested to them that it might be the culprit during the first of my many, many calls to 1909.

Nothing was ever done about the situation nor did anyone call back so I swapped the SIM into an E61 in the hope that this might help (I had a theory that it might have been routed through 3.5G cells in Britain and that a 3G phone would prevent this) and paid all bills until June when I finally pulled the plug on the direct debit after O2 eventually told me it was MY fault, that I wasn't roaming on O2 UK as per the T&Cs and that basically I was telling fibs.

The bills continued to mount (over 400€ unpaid plus all that I had already paid) and I monitored all incoming calls on speakerphone making sure that they were on O2 UK throughout the call. They were of course, but nevertheless I could see the charges continue to accrue the next day in online billing.

Direct Debits rang me in July demanding payment but I refused point-blank until they sorted the situation.

Eventually I got one sympathetic individual in CC whose ear I bent; he listened to all my entreaties and evidence, investigates, rang me back several times (a first!) and eventually rang me a final time to say "Yes, you were right all along, sorry about this, there was a conflict between the all-Ireland add-on and the My Europe add-on" (which is about to become obsolete). "We are now crediting your account with hundreds of € and will investigate the calls for which you have already paid between February and June".

Whew!

Given that this became my No 1 account after the Vodafone Datamodem debacle which caused me to lose my Vodafone voice account earlier this year, it has been pretty annoying. But in a week which has seen me not only finally get satisfaction from O2, but also have to seek a month's refund from 3 Ireland plus lift Meteor out of it for blocking my account for a week just 4 weeks after crediting it with 40€ and despite 32€ of that remaining, I can only say......

When do Tesco launch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

DO you have a paypal address where we can all send donations? Or perhaps somewhere we can lay flowers for your many losses? :D

I can't wait for Tesco ... if they charge you wrong they'll refund the whole lot and give you 100 clubcard points!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

I sure do and sure you can....but then, I haven't actually incurred any losses save that of time itself.

And hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

Yea Tesco will rock. Maybe they will actually have affordable wap!

Well, now it's the turn of O2 UK instead except at least this has a happy ending. They just changed the charges on 2 numbers that I use constantly as part of my bundle and so I was able to cancel the contract just 4 months into it ("If we vary any of the Charges or change the terms and conditions to your disadvantage, you may stop using the Service").

Result? RESULT. I get to keep my nice shiny unlocked N95!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

lol o2 are FECKED! they're on the way out cos of mistake with i-mode ha charging for their own site when other networks went Free

• Advertisement

Jaysus, I never went near iMode. Don't understand it, have no idea what it costs or can do for me. Simply do not trust it. X-Series -simple. 5GBP/8€ for internet access + Skype etc. Clear and unbending and no nasty surprises.

As for O2 IRL -this month's billing is now running at 140€ because I am *still* being charged for incoming calls.

Advertisement