Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embedding google maps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

You will have to request an admin to add them as a custom BB code.

ie: [googlemaps]ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=108692096314893578946.00043862d905b7ac3adcc&ll=53.427537,-6.778564&spn=0.36654,0.561839&om=0&source=embed[/googlemaps]

The reason your original post wont work is because enabling HTML in posts is a security risk and is never recommended.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Any idea what the code is that I should add? Googlemaps seems like a good idea...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

DeVore wrote:
    Any idea what the code is that I should add? Googlemaps seems like a good idea...

DeV.

This is the code I have on my site for embedded google maps. As far as I remember the parameters I pass in are the centre point, and a point on the map to put a flag on. I think each site it's embedded on also requires registration.
    <script src="http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&v=1&key=<LicenseKeyForSite" type="text/javascript"></script>
    	    <div id="map" style="width: 500px; height: 400px"></div>
    	    <script type="text/javascript">
    	    //<![CDATA[
    			var map = new GMap(document.getElementById("map"));
    			map.addControl(new GSmallMapControl());
    			map.centerAndZoom(new GPoint(-6.139083,53.259617), 2);
    			var icon = new GIcon();
    			var bounds = map.getBoundsLatLng();
    			var width = bounds.maxX - bounds.minX;
    			var height = bounds.maxY - bounds.minY;
    			var point = new GPoint(-6.139083,53.259617);
    			var marker = new GMarker(point);
    			map.addOverlay(marker);
    			//]]>
    	    </script>

I don't know anything about custom BB codes, but I guess something like this could work.

[googlemap=-6.139083,53.259617] <centre point of map>
    [point=-6.139083,53.259617][/point] <flag 1>
    [point=-6.139085,54.259617][/point] <flag 2>
    [/googlemap]

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭kevpatts

Hey,

This may be a useful axample also: http://www.syllianrayle.com/contact.php. Did it myself. It has multiple flag markers and also a method of returning the center point which is useful for adding other flag markers (just uncomment the commented Javascript line.

You may need to censor the source code though! This may give you an idea of what mood I was in when writing it!

Kevpatts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

sorry to bump an old thread here - I was wondering whether this functionality was available on Boards and google turned up this link: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=193760

any chance of getting this implemented - could be pretty useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Can I bump this thread as I think it would be a benifit for users :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Methinks the OP has lost all expectation of this happening any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

and?

ha, just got that :)

Advertisement