Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

tyreprice?

Options
  • 31-08-2007 7:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need two tyres to my Matiz "car"

Size is 155/70 R13,

any ideas what the price would be?

40 euros each, perhaps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭tech

around that maybe 50ish depaneds on make

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

€35.90 for Nankangs on www.eiretyres.com including delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

macnab wrote:
    €35.90 for Nankangs on www.eiretyres.com including delivery.

Thanks, might be ok tyre, but I have to get something for next week since NTC is closing,

I think I go to garage today to see what they have, that tre size should be in stock anyway

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

itarumaa wrote:
    Thanks, might be ok tyre, but I have to get something for next week since NTC is closing,

I think I go to garage today to see what they have, that tre size should be in stock anyway

Where are you based OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

antodeco wrote:
    Where are you based OP?

between dublin 15 - celbridge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

itarumaa wrote:

From articles I have read Nankangs are one of the worst tyres you can buy.

Just a word of advice regarding tyres, don't skimp on the price of them as along with brakes they are all that keep you on the road. You don't have to buy top of the range tyres to get a good tyre, there are plenty of good middle of the range tyres out there. www.eiretyres.com are selling the Goodyear GT2 at €43 per tyre, the Pirelli P3000 for €44.

Also remember if you buy from www.eiretyres.com you also have to factor in extra costs of having the tyres fitted and balanced. This can cost an extra €10 or €15 per wheel on top of the price of the tyres. So the advice is to ring around different tyre centres and get a price from them for tyres including fitting and balancing. Alot of places are relatively compeditive with www.eiretyres.com these days.

Another thing if buying from www.eiretyres.com is that alot of tyre centres will not fit tyres that you don't buy from them for insurance reasons, etc so check out the list of tyre fitters on www.eiretyres.com first so that there is one close to you first.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Debica tyres, made by Goodyear. When I was googling for tyres a while ago, they seemed to be the least expensive. They were fitted to my car when I bought it, and have no complaints so far (10K miles done since).

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

bazz26 wrote:
    From articles I have read Nankangs are one of the worst tyres you can buy.

I have 4 Nankangs on my Merc E270cdi for 18 months and no problems. Also have 2 Nankangs on the front of the wifes MPV with no probs either. I have gone down the road of paying silly money for Pirelli and Good Year Eagle F1's in the past, they are just not worth the extra dosh.

Advertisement