Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just installed XP - display too large

• 31-08-2007 8:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi All

at home Ive just installed XP on a D505 - install went fine but now everything on the display is to large.

I cant change the screenresoultion and also the dpi setting is greyed out. I could live with it (:rolleyes:) - but when I insert my broadband set up CD the page doesnt display in propotion and I cant click next etc, to go thorugh set up - it cant be resized, moved or anything.

Its not that magnifier is enabled either. Any help appreciated :D

Thanks
    Andy

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Restart in safe mode with networking, install
    then reboot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Jesus, its been a while since i have used XP, But im guessing you have not installed any graphics drivers. Best thing is to install these, then you should be able to change your resolution to something higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Andy27981

Thanks for the reply. Good point will try that to get around the broadband set up issue alright.

Would like a permninant fix for the display settings, cant cahnge res or dpi though. Display settings were fine on the old XP image that was on there screen res and dpi could be changed np, is it drivers issue? How can I find exactly what drivers are required?

Thanks again
    Andy

Thanks Anti - how do i find out exactly what drivers are required?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Andy27981 wrote:
    Thanks Anti - how do i find out exactly what drivers are required?

Do you not have a instalation disk with the dell? The drivers should be on there. But worry not, I am here ;)

Since you have a dell d505 that would mean that the graphics chipset is a Intel 855GME intergrated UMA graphics chipset.

So a quick google check gave me the drivers that you can find here:
    http://apac.kontron.com/downloads/driver/Intel_Graphics_Media_Accelerator_Win2kXP_v14.19.50.4497.exe

Give them a install, and let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement

cheers ANTI - ur a legend :D:D:D - have that copied to disc and will bring it home with me and install tonight ! will report back

Thanks again
    Andy

Cheers Anti - Legend :D

Advertisement