Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoD4 MP Beta

• 31-08-2007 9:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭

Anyone else on this? Played for about 2 hrs yesterday, its one insane, frantic game!
    Average lifespan is less than a minute, but its brilliant, great fun!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Is there any news on how to register for the European beta ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I got in but they still haven't sent me the code. I'm off to EP now, so iy better be sitting in my inbox when I get back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

It will probably be next week, I am going away on Thursday for a week so risked entering the US draw and got a token.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

how do you get this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I can't even register on the site, been trying for two days now. I can't read anything or enter the forums till I click on the link in the confirmation email but the email system appears to be down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I think it's closed - it's limited to US only people as far as I heard. You could 'trick' the system with any American Address, but you might not get a token.

You didnt even need to trick it. My GT and everything else is registered to Ireland. Once you applied while the draw was open you got one.

P.S. This is, without doubt, the best multiplayer game I've ever played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

Yeah, I registered on Monday on CharlieOscarDelta.com and lo and behold, I received my token for the beta on Wednesday - just used my Irish live a/c.

Demo downloaded and runs no problem, however I do have an issue finding a game. Seems to look for 'game quality' or something when you log in, perhaps this is something to do with high pings from here to the US? Might be worthwhile inviting some local buddies to a game to avoid having to play with our colleagues across the pond (my gamertag: MayoForSam). Will try again later.

I did get on earlier today for while, game looks very cool and is fairly pacey, not too much lag, I got absolutely slaughtered however - no option to open an empty map to practice. Might be converted from BF2 on the PC in time...... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

I'm in as well, crackingly blistering gameplay

Gamertag: Hairwolf IRE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

just checked mail and got a download token too! will be downloading as soon as i get home from work!

• Advertisement

Have my token but the Marketplace is down!! Anyone know when it's back up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Damn have I missed it, when was this available to get?

last week on http://www.charlieoscardelta.com/beta.php
    Registration is closed, however there will be more ways to get into the BETA, and we will continue to update you on the details as soon as they’re finalized! International members, please stay tuned, as news on how you can get a Beta token for your country will be coming next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

there is a way around not having a download token

if you know someone who has the beta, get them to recover your gamertag on their machine (means giving them your gamertag, password and email)

they ll start the download of the beta, log out

you recover your gamertag again on your machine

go to account management -> download history and you should see the beta

redownload and away you go

btw dont ask me to do it for people, up to my tits in my masters, but just thought id let people know

Just spent about 3 hours playing it. Tis very good, but it will need alot of polishing before final release though.

very good indeed. like the custom classes with the perks. God damn last stand one. always gotta make sure ye put a few rounds in a guy on the ground!

Another cool feature is that when ye get killed it shows a replay from yer killers perspective on how he killed you. One thing i noticed from this is how the M4 carbine seems unbalanced. Most of my deaths were a result of guys who had unlocked this with the red dot sight. its too accurate with its full auto mode imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭bewildered

joe316 wrote:
    there is a way around not having a download token

if you know someone who has the beta, get them to recover your gamertag on their machine (means giving them your gamertag, password and email)

they ll start the download of the beta, log out

you recover your gamertag again on your machine

go to account management -> download history and you should see the beta

redownload and away you go

btw dont ask me to do it for people, up to my tits in my masters, but just thought id let people know

Im a bit confused. I tried to get it off a mate of mine from work. The problem is, the download seems linked to the gamercard. If I try to open the beta on my gc nothing happens. It registers that I have pressed the A button but nothing happens.

Surely download history is linked to GC aswell??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

bewildered wrote:
    Surely download history is linked to GC aswell??

Is that not what joe316 is saying?

Your mate uses your GC on their 360 to download the beta.
    Then when you recover your GC on your own 360 the beta will be in your download history allowing you to download it onto your machine for the first time.

Ok, well heres the thing. The beta is linked to gamertag. You can only download it on the gamertag that recieved the link, I dont think it matters which console its on. Sure, I'll try it today, and if it works, awesome, but we've never had much luck with betas (halo 3 I got a week and a half early and he couldnt play it, I guess this is karma :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

bewildered wrote:
    You can only download it on the gamertag that recieved the link, I dont think it matters which console its on.

I would've expected that to be the case as well. Let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement

bewildered wrote:
    Ok, well heres the thing. The beta is linked to gamertag. You can only download it on the gamertag that recieved the link, I dont think it matters which console its on. Sure, I'll try it today, and if it works, awesome, but we've never had much luck with betas (halo 3 I got a week and a half early and he couldnt play it, I guess this is karma :D )

Its not linked to gamertag anymore, its just that the token can only be used once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

There is a way to download the beta again onto a different hard drive, it is linked to the gamertag, ie it remains available to download onto several hard-drives, although it can only be accessed by the associated gamertag.

I tried to hit download history like you suggested, but its linked to gamertag not console, so I couldn't get it to work. Guess Ill have to wait till they start the european beta... :(

Marconi does that actually work? What about the banning that also mentions? Would the ban include the original account too? I could set it up on a few free accounts, and prevent my full account from getting possibly banned.

Win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

Yes it works perfect. I doubt they will ban anyone seeing as the BETA is free. And nearly all the Europeans playing say they got it from the glitch.

You never know though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

Dont get the Beta by doing the above. MS are banning people from it now:

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=20421

Dont get the Beta by doing the above. MS are banning people from it now:

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=20421

No they're not, that guy was banned for leaking screenshots and videos from an earlier version of the beta.
    No one has been banned for glitching etc into the beta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

is there gonna be any other way of gettin the beta, dyin to play this:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

yea check out eurogamer.net come friday.

• Advertisement

apparently if you pre-order and purchase the game at game.co.uk you get access to the beta.

Advertisement