Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoD4 MP Beta

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

evad_lhorg wrote:
    yea check out eurogamer.net come friday.

true alright: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=82776

though dont know what they're on about it being the 1st chance for europeans to play it, i've been playing it since monday and there have been plenty of other europeans on there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Anyone hear anything about this?
    Unconfirmed - Microsoft temporarily locks out 23,000 live users who took advantage of a recent exploit to access the COD4 Multi-player Beta

UPDATE: [from MajorNelson.com] http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/09/06/xbox-live-bans-and-you.aspx
    =======
    Turns out that 23,000 might not have been locked out for exploiting this glitch, but could possibly be banned if such shennanigans continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

You can sign up now on Eurogamer at http://gamers.eurogamer.net/giveaways.php?id=8

The beta tokens will be sent out on Monday so no COD this weekend :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Yeah registered there for mine.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Got a token from Eurogamer 2 hours ago, I think there were 16,000+ left there.

p.s. it's a bit cheeky of Game – if you read their advert it gives the impression that the only way you can get on the beta is by getting a pre-order with them :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

Also just registered cannot wait to try this off monday and all but...yes Live will be down for at least 4 hours at the same time.Karma again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

So it appears i'm actually playing on the us beta even though on the CoD4 beta website i registered as being from ireland. Registered for a code for the uk + ireland beta so i can redownload and stop playing against annoying yanks. will lose my rank and unlocks, oh well small price to pay for being able to play it a week early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Level cap is rising to 16! Whooo.

I'm also the same as you scruff, gonna get an UK beta code so no more annoying american kids!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Got my eurogamer token as well. Roll on Monday! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

why do we have to wait til monday tho:(
    maybe we should post up our gamertags so we can recognise and propably stick together to avoid annoyin yanks
    mines skelliser

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

got an email..damm, have to wait until monday, there are now 8936 keys left..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭coady

yeah,, trying to avoid US teens is my aim ,, xbox live id -- coadyd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Got a token from Euro Gamer. Looking forward to this :D .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Spanish Guitar

I just got mine from Eurogamer too. Didn't realise that I had to wait till Monday tho.

Can't wait to give it a try.

My tag is CertifiedHalo is anybody wants to try and avoid the yanks.

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Only 4789 or so left now. Work is gonna suck more than usual on monday. :(
    GT is Usagi76.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

2717 left, Sat 11:00am. (Lets start a mad panic!!) :D

v1rg1l here, my xbox GT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Just got my email from Eurogamer too.

Mad panic averted - they've now got 11937 keys remaining!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

11,490 left now. Got one myself. Cheers arch_stanton for the link.

Gamertag in sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Got mine other day , looking forward to playing it.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

My gamertag is the same as my boards name, ive nerver used xbox live before (apart from 5 minutes friday nite on GoW with yanks so please protect me come monday)

• Advertisement

Will be too busy trying to stay alive ourselves without watching your back too ha ha!We will tell your family you died a heroes death ie in a hail of gunfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

We should start a boards COD4 clan, if it's even possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Will be too busy trying to stay alive ourselves without watching your back too ha ha!We will tell your family you died a heroes death ie in a hail of gunfire.

To Val Halla!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nutmeg

Looking forward to this tomorrow, add me for a few games if you like.

Gamertag: Irish Nutmeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

See my tag below. This should be good, fingers crossed!

Im sitting staring at my PC screen like a dog waiting to tackle the postman waiting for this code to arrive I dont think I can take this much more...

Gamertag Redbhoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

^hehe

Yeah, I'm very keen to get on this too. I think I heard live is down this morning til lunch. I used eurogamer and got a code, entered this on the COD website. What's next? They mail me another code and I use this on the marketplace?

Please add my gametag: Ubergriz

yeah they e mail you something like the code you put in to get Xbox Live from a pre paid card and away you go.Played pro evo there around half nine and Live was still up.

Now will someone please throw a stick or something so I can pass the time

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Checking my gmails every few mins. :) Anyone get their code yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

yeah they e mail you something like the code you put in to get Xbox Live from a pre paid card and away you go.Played pro evo there around half nine and Live was still up.

Now will someone please throw a stick or something so I can pass the time
    Should be down until lunch time (1pm or so) - if they were late starting, they might be late finishing :(
    http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/09/09/reminder-xbox-live-maintenance-9-10-07.aspx

Advertisement