Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoD4 MP Beta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭coady

did screw me up dude,, i was playing last night,, :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

grizzly wrote:
    Yeah, I'm still waiting for the code after signing up on eurogamer too. I don't want to sign up on gamespot in case it f*(ks the process up using the same gametag twice.

I think you'll be alright m8, I did the very same and the gamespot code I was given has worked fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

does anyone actually know where the eurogamer keys went?This is beyond a joke at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭p.u.d.z.e.r.

Il tell you whats beyond a joke, i got sick of waitin last night i packed it in, ive been d/l ing it since 1pm today and its stuck on 29%. I dont know whats goin on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I'm beginning to think this was some sort of ploy to get more registered users onto their website. Will be interesting to see if I'll get bombarded with emails from Eurogamer in the future.

• Advertisement

Dunno whats going on Jester but you could have something there was totally looking forward to this but now its becoming all a bit sour not going to start chasing codes all round the place just to play it.And Eurogamer is apparently a partner site for Call of Duty 4/activision.Joke but unfortunatly not funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Yeah I just gave up on Eurogamer and got a Gamespot one instead. Downloaded fast too. Haven't got the chance to play it yet but for those waiting - go for Gamespot!

Would do if they actually had any and dont really feel like camping on PC waiting for available ones again

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

jester77 wrote:
    I'm beginning to think this was some sort of ploy to get more registered users onto their website. Will be interesting to see if I'll get bombarded with emails from Eurogamer in the future.
    To be fair this isn't really Eurogamer's fault. It's Activision who are supposed to be sending out the emails. The ones Gamespot are providing are probably for the US beta. European gamers are just getting screwed as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Gamespots codes are for the American beta. The problem professor, is that all the websites are keeping a tight lip about whats happening. I didn't know what happned until I read the forums on eurogamer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

well it looks like we might have to pay one way or another in future to get demos if the Crysis pc demo is the way publishing houses are going :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

from a mod on eurogamer.net
    Hi chaps. Sorry about the lack of communication since yesterday about distribution of the beta keys.

Activision is currently chasing this up with Infinity Ward on our behalf, and I will update this thread with a response once I have something to share.

I'd also reiterate that, as per the notice on the cod4beta website, please make sure that your email application is set up to allow emails from "noreply@cod4beta.co.uk", or your key might get chewed up by an over-zealous spam filter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Gamespot are giving out instant codes again for anyone who missed it yesterday. But as already mentioned this is for the US beta.

http://uk.gamespot.com/event/codes/call-of-duty-4/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Gamespot are giving out instant codes again for anyone who missed it yesterday. But as already mentioned this is for the US beta.

http://uk.gamespot.com/event/codes/call-of-duty-4/

So even if your are registered as living in Ireland, you stil get the US beta?
    I just got a key from gamespot and I am downloading now.

I can't see how they would let EU Live subs into a US beta. The amount of times I have tried to get into different betas in the past and it says you need an ISP address from within the US and just won't work, but that was for PC betas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

i got a gamespot code yesterday and was playin for awhile, some of the games i played where with italians and french?

everybody add me cause il be playin all day tomorrow and i will set up a private room
    GT: skelliser

I SICK TO DEATH OF FECKIN AMERICANS!! DUCHE BAGS!

A full day later someone actually gives us a state of play report on whats happening

US or not, I don't know. I had a few good matches just there, no lag at all very smooth. No-one was talking so I don't know who I was playing with, didn't look at their GCs. If only RS:V was playable online like this for me.

Realistc M16-A4 modes of fire, semi and 3 round burst, the blue camo on the M4 is a nice touch.
    Deffinatly getting this when it comes out.

Trying to get a gamespot key but the damn site wont let me input my gamertag to finish registering oh the comedy of it all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Been playing it for the last hour, got the key from gamespot, heard a few american voices but not many, not a bad looking game, that last stand thing is a tad stupid considering i shot a guy point blank with a shotty and he whipped out his pistol and killed me.
    How do you change the rate of fire on weapons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

I have been playing for the past 2 weeks after getting a token from charlieoscardelta.com. Didn't expect to get one but there you are. There are plenty of non-Americans playing the beta.

I wonder are the American and Euro betas set up differently or more likely, a free-for-all?

Overall, the game is very fast-paced, more CS:S than BF2 for sure (doesn't exactly suit me, my reflexes are slowing down big time these days :D ), easy enough to rank up though and get some unlocks. Teamwork is out the window too until clans get going. Undecided if I will buy in on release, plenty of other stuff coming down the line.

• Advertisement

starman100 wrote:
    I have been playing for the past 2 weeks after getting a token from charlieoscardelta.com. Didn't expect to get one but there you are. There are plenty of non-Americans playing the beta.

I wonder are the American and Euro betas set up differently or more likely, a free-for-all?

Overall, the game is very fast-paced, more CS:S than BF2 for sure (doesn't exactly suit me, my reflexes are slowing down big time these days :D ), easy enough to rank up though and get some unlocks. Teamwork is out the window too until clans get going. Undecided if I will buy in on release, plenty of other stuff coming down the line.

It is more CS:S but at least you don't have to empty full mags into people like in BF2.

I found it alot easier with the sensitivity set on high.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

If anyone wants to play with some of their own, then add one or two of the following gamertages.

markvw123
    sirish
    lamposts
    Rossi Eire

Also does anyone have a spare key? Send it to me @ lamposts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

had a good few games on the beta tonight and this is a must have game for me , plays nice and fast and is very enjoyable even in a room full of strangers.

only got lag once for a sec and that was it , plus keep shooting until you see the + sign :D i got cought out with that move a few times in my first game :o .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Lamposts wrote:
    If anyone wants to play with some of their own, then add one or two of the following gamertages.

markvw123
    sirish
    lamposts
    Rossi Eire

Also does anyone have a spare key? Send it to me @ lamposts.

Spare key!? You greedy bastard! We have all been waiting for one key. Go away.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I got a key from Gamespot but were do I enter it to download the demo? Ive logged onto xbl marketplace and there is no download link for the cod4 demo??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

In the redeem code thing on the marketplace page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Spare key!? You greedy bastard! We have all been waiting for one key. Go away.

Sign up to gamespot (for free) go to the COD4 beta page (search for it) and you'll get one immediately by email.
    20,000 each day for 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Gonzo wrote:
    I got a key from Gamespot but were do I enter it to download the demo? Ive logged onto xbl marketplace and there is no download link for the cod4 demo??

Enter the code into the redeem code button on the xbox live menu. ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Cheers! I thought that redeem code thing was just for the XBL points thing that you get in shops! Its downloading for me now finally:)

• Advertisement

day two of the torture is finally over I wish Id never even heard of COD4 beta at this stage.
    In the words of the immortal Papa Lazarou..

Oh this is just a saga now.

Advertisement