Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoD4 MP Beta

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Another update from a mod at the Eurogamer forum:
    I've just spoken to Activision and the beta keys are starting to be sent out as of tomorrow. They are being sent in the order in which people added their key to the cod4beta website (first come, first served...), and it will take a few days for all 29,000 to be sent out so they can manage demand on their servers.

In any case I already got mine from Gamespot. I was playing the beta for about 2 hours earlier. Very impressed, can't wait for the full game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

kinkstr wrote:
    How do you change the rate of fire on weapons?
    You cant. its to add to the vareity of the weapons and classes.
    starman100 wrote:
    I wonder are the American and Euro betas set up differently or more likely, a free-for-all?
    Hard to tell at this stage. was playing last night and there was a yank giving out over and over about the number of brits playing. Eventually had to turn down my headset, which is commonly how i play when with the yanks...

Noticed lag for the 1st time last night. must be all the extra players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

the european codes have just been released.

so if you went and did your tricks on Eurogamer check your email now.

http://honestxboxhype.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Got my key yesterday from Gamespot. Had a few quick games yesterday. Its great fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

just got my eurogamer code :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭far2gud

Still waiting on mine :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭p.u.d.z.e.r.

After about 20 hours of a download ive finally got it. Very impressed, so much better than MOH airborne.

Im after gettin the key from eurogamer that i got fed up waiting for, any chance i can give it to my mate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Got the Eurogamer key about an hour ago, but now i cant get on to xboxlive, anyone havin the same problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

kinkstr wrote:
    Got the Eurogamer key about an hour ago, but now i cant get on to xboxlive, anyone havin the same problem?

Same here. Its down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Got a spare key too now from Eurogamer, only 2 days late mind you.

Is there any point in me downloading this again to play on the European servers or can we all play on the same servers with both US and European betas?

If so I'll be glad to give away my key if that's possible? Not too sure if it is though!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

If anyone had a spare key I'd gladly accept and be most appreciative! Have tried log onto gamespot but still no success as of yet. Will try again in the morning. Its open to American users now.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

Have to say having played it since the BETA opened, it's grown quite thin on me now...its a beautiful looking game no doubt but at least this, multiplayer component of it doesn't have enough to make me want to keep coming back to it.
    I could see myself goin' in for a half hour blast if I was bored, but thats about all
    as it stands right now.
    Perks system is okay but it's just another upgrade system at the end of the day
    and personally i'd rather have seen a cover system implemented.
    Perhaps its the no vehicles, the map sizes.....not sure really, i'd still rather play BF2 or 2142 tbh.
    Maybe the full game will change my mind...what does anyone else think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Jonakin

Got 2 spare keys dunno if they'll work though. One is for america and one is for europe server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

Finally got a key and downloading will commence shortly.Just hoping it will live up to expectations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

hairball wrote:
    Have to say having played it since the BETA opened, it's grown quite thin on me now...its a beautiful looking game no doubt but at least this, multiplayer component of it doesn't have enough to make me want to keep coming back to it.
    I could see myself goin' in for a half hour blast if I was bored, but thats about all
    as it stands right now.
    Perks system is okay but it's just another upgrade system at the end of the day
    and personally i'd rather have seen a cover system implemented.
    Perhaps its the no vehicles, the map sizes.....not sure really, i'd still rather play BF2 or 2142 tbh.
    Maybe the full game will change my mind...what does anyone else think?

I'd totally pick BF2 (never played 2142) over this at the moment, but its only a Beta with 3 pretty small maps and a max of 12 players at the moment, its bound to get stale fairly quickly.

Theres talk of the final version having 64 to 100 online players on certain maps so its really hard to be critical at this moment. All the previews I've read have raved about the single and multiplayer modes, so I really hope the final release will live up to the hype, and with XBL were bound to get some savage add-ons and everything else great that goes with the service.

Roll on Nov 9th!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Anyone know how long will we be able to play this beta for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

got my code this morning from eurogamer..a week of waiting, now to download..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Theres talk of the final version having 64 to 100 online players on certain maps so its really hard to be critical at this moment.

i seriously doubt that will be on a console version of the game. Could you provide a link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I just started playing the european beta last night. Wow, I'm very impressed! It has the pacing and excitement of CoD2 with the deep tactics and polish of Rainbow6:LA. I might just skip Halo and get this. As the multiplayer in halo never grabbed me the way CoD did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

currently downloading this at the mo

can anyone who has played it please tell me what's the damage like i.e. how many bullets to kill an enemy

I despise games like GOW where you have to pump 2 full clips into an enemy to kill them.

I'm hoping this is a 2 bullet game where 2 shots to the body put an enemy down

• Advertisement

It's nothing like GOW, that 2 clips todrop an ememy used to do my head in. I find the bullets/kill ratio is very good – a shotgun will drop an enemy in one good at any decent range. A standard [SIZE=-1]assault[/SIZE] rifle will drop an enemy in less then half a second and if you catch them on open ground they have no chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

If someone has the Juggernaut perk (extra health) then they'll need a good shooting, unless you have the perk that increases the power of your bullets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

hi Guys i signed up for the beta through gamespot- i got the mail from cod4 beta people saying - they will be sending on the BETA TOKEN will i be waiting for long ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

This is ridiculous, I still havent got my EG key!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭JM MARCONI

This is ridiculous, I still havent got my EG key!!
    Make sure you add the email address to your contacts. It might be getting stopped as junk mail. Thats what happened to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

hi Guys

this is what i got by email..

does that mean im going to be sent the key???

###CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE OFFICIAL BETA PROGRAMME###

Congratulations, you have successfully registered to participate in the UK and Ireland public multiplayer BETA for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

We are receiving huge demand from gamers in the UK and Ireland to participate. A title update is currently in progress which means BETA tokens for registrants in the UK and Ireland will start being sent out on Monday 10th September.

BETA tokens will be allocated on a first-come, first served basis and we will be back in touch as soon as we can to provide you with your unique BETA Token code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

if anyone has any spare keys, PM me please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

If someone has the Juggernaut perk (extra health) then they'll need a good shooting, unless you have the perk that increases the power of your bullets.

please tell me this is a joke :(

Yeah, it's not ultra realistic, but hey it's a game! It seems to drop realism when the alternative is more fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

just a note for those without a keycode, they ar on right now on gamespot

http://uk.gamespot.com/event/codes/call-of-duty-4/

when I first logged in I couldnt get one, as its open for USA only, so I changed my address and put in a zip code for USA. Got one now. works perfectly, so now to try get some games without teenage yanks! Not exactly great myself tho.

Feel free to add my tag: hanton12

Advertisement