Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CoD4 MP Beta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Scruff wrote:
    i seriously doubt that will be on a console version of the game. Could you provide a link?

Take this for what it's worth
    So while we played in a series of games that maxed out at 12 players, producer Mark Rubin mentioned that the developer has the ability to roll out 100-player matches, if the network infrastructure could support it and such a mass of players would actually be fun on the game's maps. The point is, Infinity Ward will be able to tweak the sizes and styles of matches based on feedback during the beta and then after the retail release.

taken from here, second last paragraph. They basically say they might have the ability, wether or not it actually happens is another thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

when is this game out ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

9th of November

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Is it still possible to get beta keys? I only found out about this last nite. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

faceman wrote:
    Is it still possible to get beta keys? I only found out about this last nite. :(

try gamespot at around 5pm this evening. have a look at my post above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

This is sweeeeet, I think I'll be playing a lot more of this :)

lol the balancing is off sometimes, it started a round with 2 people on one side (me and an American guy) and like 8 people on the other team, I was going to drop out but stuck with it. We absolutely destroyed them, it was hilarious, we kept staying together in houses, so embarrassing for them, they couldn't kill us

I wish all games had Halo 3's replay saving feature :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,922 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The spawning is ridiculously bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

And if the host is lagging, then its unplayable.
    Apart from them gripes, its amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

Fantastic game, straight to the point, easy to use, looks great and plenty of people to shoot. Cant wait till the full game! Does anyone know when its out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

they (infinity ward) said a worldwide release on November 5th which is a Monday here so i doubt that..probably at a push the 8th if not the following Friday.

honestxboxhype.com

More COD4 beta keys:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=83794

Also, "Best friend Activision says there is probably only one real week of fighting left to do on the Xbox 360 test, too, and Eurogamer is just about the last place left on Earth to get one."
    Heh, wonder why... ;)

Only a week left? Oh well, was fun while it lasted and I'll have Halo 3 so I won't feel the loss too badly!

We should get a boardsie game together, is anyone still playing this? Very little activity on this thread nowadays :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

koneko wrote:
    We should get a boardsie game together, is anyone still playing this? Very little activity on this thread nowadays :(
    Yeah I just got into it there yesterday. Its class! I'd put it up there with MOH:AA which was the last deathmatch game I played religiously. Them were the days...:p A boardsie game is a good idea. I'll be playing most nights anyway from about 11. Tag is same as name here on boards.

I think I've got you koneko on my friendslist. If there's a boards game happening, invite me!

Yeah you're on my friendslist, I would have played last night but I was sick (still am), watched Prison Break and then slept through the whole evening, d'oh!

Should hopefully be online for a while later tonight, everyone feel free to add me if I'm not on your friendlist already, gamertag is "psychokitten".

koneko wrote:
    I would have played last night but I was sick (still am), watched Prison Break and then slept through the whole evening, d'oh!.

Sick (without tiredness) = gaming all day. I should know I was "sick" yesterday too :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'd be up for a boards game as well, gamertag below. I'm in work later but I should online tomorrow and Saturday evening.

Sick (without tiredness) = gaming all day. I should know I was "sick" yesterday too :D

Hehe I wish, sick awake in work all day and then sick asleep when I was home, the worst kind.

• Advertisement

koneko wrote:
    Hehe I wish, sick awake in work all day and then sick asleep when I was home, the worst kind.

Bleh that sucks. You have my sympathy. Until I bump into you later and shoot you in the head that is. :)

Zapp is your tag the same as ur nick here?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

ive applied for my access! :) hopefully wont take long!

My gamertag is Slurms McK (I really like Futurama)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

koneko wrote:

I am and as someone who wasn't really a big COD fan I am now!!

My xbox was gathering dust for awhile as I was getting sick of waiting for GoW to fill.

really enjoying this demo!

we should get a game together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

I try and get online in the evenings to get shot to bits in this. Wouldnt be great at it now to be honest, but sure if anyone fancies a few handy kills, you can add my GT to your friends list. hate those annoying yank kids mouthing off the whole time, so I try and stay in rooms with Irish/UK people.

i got my download permission today so im gonna download over the weekend. My gamertag is below. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Fourzerotwo has posted a whole bunch of updates for Infinity Ward and Activision's Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Xbox 360, PS3, PC). The update includes everything from a level cap increase to kill switching.

First off, the level cap has been increased to Rank 25. This will take effect on Friday, September 28, at 10 AM PST. The level cap increase will give players access to everything that's not marked Classified. These include new weapons, perks and challenges.

That's great news, but the bad news is that the beta will end on Sunday, September 30. Once the clock hits 11:59 PM, the beta will close, so it'll be one hell of a rush for players who want to reach the Rank 25 cap.

The update also includes the addition of kill switching for players who use map and jump exploits. All of the map and jump exploits reported in the beta have been addressed and kill switched in the game's final version. Those who attempt to access ledges and certain areas not intended for players to get to will get a dose of instant death.

http://xbox360.qj.net/Call-of-Duty-4-update-Beta-level-cap-raised-to-25-kill-switch-added-to-final-game/pg/49/aid/102978

Cool beans! Gonna have to get to level 25 now!

only a week left :( only got this yesterday

• Advertisement

Actually wait, Halo 3 will be out! Screw CoD til November

Advertisement