Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pump for shower

Options
  • 31-08-2007 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi,

I know this was talked about before but I can't find the relevant thread.
    Did anyone ever get the switch installed so that you could turn the pump for your shower and bathroom sink on and off?
    If so, do you have the details of the person who did the work for you?
    (I remember at the time, one of the workmen on site quoted me 100 euro which I thought was OTT).

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 FVC

one of the lads on site did it for us but they have gone now - Euro 20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

its pretty easy to put a switch on the pump yourself. the switches are available in woodies. you can clearly see the white box thats connected to the water pump. mine was in the hot press. unscrew it off the wall and note where the wires are going. take the fuse out of the box and put it into your new switch, along with the wiring.

its like changing a plug or installing a dimmer. if your not sure just switch off all of the power at your tripswitch above your front door.

its great not having to listen to the pump all of the time. they cost about a tenner if i remember correctly. alot cheaper than 100euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Lin03

Thanks for the replies. Ian_M, I think I'll give it a shot and try to do myself.

Advertisement