Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Imagemap software...

• 31-08-2007 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭

Looking for a good "free" imagemap software ... can anyone recommend something ? ... (don't say google .. already had a look) :P

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Why is the word "free" in quotes ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

to emphasise it :) no I'm not looking for pirated software if thats what you're asking and I'll remove the "'s if you want as a result ...

I had a look online and most of the apps I found weren't free and I'd prefer a recommendation of something from a user than searching / installing / trying out all the possible ones out there. ..

I should say I need something other than simple boxes and circles which I could do visually so to speak ... and I guess I could do this as well visually but it'd be a bit of a pain in the ....

Liam Byrne wrote:
    Why is the word "free" in quotes ?

Why the need to post non relevant questions ? :)

forbairt wrote:
    Why the need to post non relevant questions ? :)

:D But you answered it yourself above....the "free" did give me the impression of pirated software, whereas the sentence itself (or with the word "free" in bold without the quotes, would have given the impression you intended.

So the question wasn't completely (or even "completely") irrelevant ?

Liam Byrne wrote:
    :D But you answered it yourself above....the "free" did give me the impression of pirated software, whereas the sentence itself (or with the word "free" in bold without the quotes, would have given the impression you intended.

So the question wasn't completely (or even "completely") irrelevant ?

yet given the charter ... pirated software is illegal and with 1000+ posts I'd hope I'd have learnt that by now ... if I was after pirated as well like everyone else on here one would know where to find it ...

in the end I've installed about 5 different apps ... my favourite so far being ... GeoHTML ... MapEdit being shareware / 30 day trial ...

Does dreamweaver do imagemaps ? (yes its been that long) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

forbairt wrote:
    Does dreamweaver do imagemaps ? (yes its been that long) :D
    It does indeed. :)

No worries mate, and sorry if it seemed like I was jumping down your throat....didn't mean to imply that.

Dreamweaver does indeed do imagemaps, but you need to do them by hand using pretty basic circle, square & freehand tools.....

I presume you're looking for something more advanced than that......Photoshop's "ImageReady" plugin does offer some extras when doing imagemaps but I don't know if it's as advanced as you're looking for ?

Liam Byrne wrote:
    No worries mate, and sorry if it seemed like I was jumping down your throat....didn't mean to imply that.

No problem was having a bad day yesterday anyways :) ... and I jumped down someone else's throat as I thought they were affilate marketing ...

Dreamweaver is a distant memory and no I don't have it ... and don't think I'll install it (30 day demo I assume is still available) Do people actually use it these days ? how does it handle CSS designs ?
    Liam Byrne wrote:
    I presume you're looking for something more advanced than that......Photoshop's "ImageReady" plugin does offer some extras when doing imagemaps but I don't know if it's as advanced as you're looking for ?

I hadn't even thought of ImageReady as I rarely touch it ... but this is exactly what I'm after :) cheers.

You can't really get much more advance than the Polygon Image map tool with it anyways and its just what I'm after. THough I'm possibley going to end up with 1000 - 2000 points with what I'm trying to do ... might try simplifying it a bit and make more general shapes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

forbairt wrote:
    No problem was having a bad day yesterday anyways :) how does it handle CSS designs ?

No better than notepad in my opinion, and I bought it - paid the full whack!

Advertisement