Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ski Instructor training!

Options
  • 31-08-2007 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

The Irish Association of Snowsports Instructors are running pre-selection training for the Level 1 Ski Instructor Award from October 5th to 24th at the Ski Club of Ireland dry slope, Kilternan, Co Dublin.

The pre-selection leads into a 3 day training weekend at the dry slope from the 27th to 29th October. Further details on this and all our courses please contact :

email : julia@iasisnowsports.ie
    or: www.iasisnowsports.ie

IASI is an internationally accredited training organisation affiliated with ISIA, IVSI & Interski.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Do you have any details on what are they looking for in the pre-selection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 IASI

Hi there

Basically strong parallel skiers who could ski in control and from the top of the slope in Kilternan. Obivously an interest in teaching is a plus too ;) !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Might give it a try then, if nothing else to see how bad I am.

I seem to remember that turning was not entirely nessecary for me getting from the top of the Kilternan slope when I was there other than for stopping at the bottom, well until someone put the slalom poles and jumps in the way as well. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 IASI

I like it! Give Julia a shout and she'll fill you in:D

Advertisement