Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems cancelling Three boradband (14 day trial)

Options
  • 31-08-2007 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

I ordered Three broadband in July via Perlico.
    I received the kit, set it up but reception at my home was too weak for it to work. So I rang three and told em I wished to opt out under their 14 day trial. They informed me that they would send me a jiffy bag in the post to return the kit in, cancel the contract and refund my cash.

That was a month ago. I have since phoned them 4 more times (each call with the same outcome as above). Yesterday I sent them a letter.

I am still waiting for the jiffy bag to arrive and more importantly still waiting for my near €179 back.

This stinks of "holding onto customer cash", or perhaps trying to force their contract onto me. Has anyone else had similar problems? Can anyone offer me any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Did you inform Perlico?

If that's who you got the contract with, they should be the first port of call.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Letters are better than phone calls, because they are evidence of your efforts. I would treat yesterday as the first escalation of your complaint from informal to formal. I suggest that you give them a week to make a satisfactory response and, if that does not happen, you write again saying that unless they deal properly with matters within another week you will take them to the small claims court.

With any luck, you will not need to go the next step but, if you do, then fire ahead. On the facts that you give, you would win the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

please log your complaints in this thread

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=53868338

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

rrpc wrote:
    Did you inform Perlico?

If that's who you got the contract with, they should be the first port of call.

no, the 14 day trial cancel option is dealt with by Three directly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I think this may be a Perlico problem , their customer service is not up to much either but if they sell it they should deal with the returns.

If if he has evidence of making the phone calls then he should contact the NCA and log a complaint about this today .

www.nca.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Sponge Bob wrote:
    I think this may be a Perlico problem , their customer service is not up to much either but if they sell it they should deal with the returns.

I would have to disagree with you there Bob, I have had dealings with Perlico and although they have made many cock-ups, they have been very quick to rectify them when notified and went out of their way to resolve the problems.

To the point of phoning me back, giving direct numbers to the person dealing with me, making follow-up calls to make sure everything was OK, texting me with the tracking number for my router at 10:50pm and emailing me with the same information, and making a follow-up call to make sure I'd received the router and my broadband was working properly.

They have won a ciustomer service award and to be honest I believe they deserve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

The return envelope finally arrived on Monday (3/9/07). I packed the modem up and brought the package to my local POst Office where I made sure to get a receipt of postage.

So far the time scale looks like this . . .
    Ordered the data modem on 13th July
    Return envelope arrives on 3rd September

They advise it will take upto 21 days from receipt of returned data modem to refund my cash.

W!!! T!!!! F!!!!!

Advertisement