Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst place in Ireland......

Options

Comments

snyper wrote: »
    .. no Ballymahon!!
    Baile mo thóin! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

snyper wrote: »
    Worst place in Ireland? Yor Ma's knickers :p

No in all seriousness.. worst place in my opinion..

Pettigo, Co Donegal

Worst road for a hangover too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Anywhere pass the square in tallaght, its like a warzone up there, you cant stop at traffic lights without your wheels being robbed off your car! :D

Ah no, Some places are alright actually, tallaght is starting to pick up now. There are all new buildings and nice house estates being built.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Reading through these posts and having been to most counties, it is frightening!!! Heres a new thought:rolleyes:, could we just scrap everything , level the lot , and start again?? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 daboyfergie

has to be the m50 on a friday afternoon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

defo! It was made to prevent all that traffic...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Has to be Rathmullen in Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ashisback

Terry wrote: »
    It can't be worse than Maynooth.
    whats worng with maynooth theres nothing worng with maynooth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

the entire west of ireland. it's like time stood still here. It's the republic's version of the north.

The grass is grey, it rains constantly and people pull their cars in to chat on roundabouts in galway (i saw this yesterday morning).

It also doesn't generate nearly enough tax income to support itself, has zero industry ("tourism" doesn't count). And it's full of ****ing left wing hippies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Anywhere pass the square in tallaght, its like a warzone up there, you cant stop at traffic lights without your wheels being robbed off your car! :D

Ah no, Some places are alright actually, tallaght is starting to pick up now. There are all new buildings and nice house estates being built.
    Ah yeah.
    Dickie the place up a bit and all will be well.

ashisback wrote: »
    whats worng with maynooth theres nothing worng with maynooth

Maynooth is a hole because I say it's a hole.

Pete4779 wrote: »
    the entire west of ireland. it's like time stood still here. It's the republic's version of the north.

The grass is grey, it rains constantly and people pull their cars in to chat on roundabouts in galway (i saw this yesterday morning).

It also doesn't generate nearly enough tax income to support itself, has zero industry ("tourism" doesn't count). And it's full of ****ing left wing hippies.
    AH Sure, if you put a pin in Athlone and fit rockets to Derry & Clonakilty; you will end up with the biggest catherine wheel on the planet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 goldenmaverick

My name is Michael Cody, im from Dublin, ive just spent a few years in derry it has to be the worst city in ireland because:
    1. The people have the most annoying whinging accent ive ever heard.
    2. The place is looks like its falling down.
    3 There are no decent single women in the place, they are all pregnant by the age of 18 and drawing dole.
    3. The place is extremely zenophobic and narrow minded.
    4. There are no decent bar/clubs.
    5. The place has to be the most divided and sectarian city in Ireland.
    6. The place is full of scumbags.

I could go on and on, but I did meet some good people there, mostly from ther loyalist/ protestant side of the city. Before I went up there I like many from the south rhought that I united Ireland was a good idea now im completely against it, im now of the opinion as kevin myers wrote in the irish Times that a team of JCBS should work 24 hours around the clock and dig a trench aroud the North and let the North float into the atlantic sea!
    I think that Derry people in general lack confidence about their city and have chip on their shoulder about where they are from.
    Anyway rant over anybody got any other similar experiences?

Everyone has just been giving out about the (in their opinion) worst place in Ireland ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

The republic's version of the north?!! Please explain.

The grass is green, it doesn't rain constantly.

And please provide figures that show that it doesn't generate enough tax to support itself. Figures only please, not blanket, sweeping groundless statements.

And there's plenty of industry here. Electronics, computing, chemical, construction to name but a few.

Have you been to the West of Ireland? I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,165 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

My name is Michael Cody, im from Dublin, ive just spent a few years in derry it has to be the worst city in ireland because:
    3 There are no decent single women in the place, they are all pregnant by the age of 18 and drawing dole.

I could go on and on, but I did meet some good people there, mostly from ther loyalist/ protestant side of the city. Before I went up there I like many from the south rhought that I united Ireland was a good idea now im completely against it, im now of the opinion as kevin myers wrote in the irish Times that a team of JCBS should work 24 hours around the clock and dig a trench aroud the North and let the North float into the atlantic sea!
    I think that Derry people in general lack confidence about their city and have chip on their shoulder about where they are from.

Some of that is right, however if the local government up here just spend all the money on Belfast of course the place is going to look like is falling down. Belfast government could not care less about Derry.

1) I could say the Dublin accent is **** and annoying too its all a matter of what you think

2) No money from government to repair anything goes for most places West of the Bann

3) you can say that about girls in most cities.

4) Very true no decent night live here

5) Spend time in other areas of Northern Ireland before making that judgement

6) Every city has scumbags

I am very proud to come from Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Having visiting Derry twice, it's not as bad as people say. Now go to Belfast if you want scumbags and a sectarian city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

New Ross, Co Wexford.
    Absolute dump of a place.
    A whole section of the town is made-up of settled travelers who's brains are scrambled from years of inbreeding. Dirt poor town too.
    Completely backward hovel of a place.

kraggy wrote: »
    The republic's version of the north?!! Please explain.

The North is like a time warp of the past after you've lived in the south since say the mid-90s. The west coast is like a time warp of ireland since before the boom years - it's like it never happened there. Filthy water supplies (4 crises and undrinkable water in 6 months) are one example.
    The grass is green, it doesn't rain constantly.

If you took a trip down south to cork and kerry, you see green grass. In the west, the land becomes barren and rocky and the grass and trees are significantly less "lush" in the west.

Met Eireann report that on average 225 days per year in the west have rain. It feels like more. So yeah, not all the time. Just 225 days A YEAR.
    And please provide figures that show that it doesn't generate enough tax to support itself. Figures only please, not blanket, sweeping groundless statements.

OK, I am sorry about that. I just presumed that 11% of the population - the entire west of ireland/connaught population - which is full of old retied people or vomiting 18 year old students wasn't exactly a hub of big business. nless you count the industrial park wasteland that encircles Galway like a swamp of ambitionless small timers.
    Have you been to the West of Ireland? I doubt it.

Actually I've been living here since July. If you forget about the nonsense people talk about the craic, etc., it's basically a backwater, with zero ambition, zero ability, with a population of non-tax paying students or else retirees. There is no public transport of note, everyone needs cars to get anywhere, it's wet, grey and dreary.

Possibly the most depressing place on the planet. I can't wait to leave, and if I never come back again, it's too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

major rant
    If you hate it so much, why don't you just... you know...er...

move to Dublin?

• Advertisement

smashey wrote: »
    If you hate it so much, why don't you just... you know...er...

move to Dublin?

That's exactly what I will be doing! I am counting the days! No more Supermacs on every street corner! Trams! Bicycle lanes! I can't wait to get back. The West is a load of muck savage propaganda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Slow coach wrote: »
    I'm completely lost now.

Derry is in the UK.

Ireland is not part of the UK.

Ergo Derry is not in Ireland.

Logical enough for ya?

Derry is ON Ireland, but not IN Ireland.

What has France got to do with it?
    Ireland consists of 32 counties.
    Ergo, ireland is not the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Rathkeale

Words cant describe that dump

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

I'd have to say that it's a tie between Tipperary town and Nenagh. They are two of the greyest dirtiest crappiest places I've ever been.
    Cork has the best food, Tralee used to be sh*t but it's pretty nice now, Listowel seems to be getting better too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

My name is Michael Cody, im from Dublin, ive just spent a few years in derry it has to be the worst place in ireland because:

I think the irish times should get a chain saw and saw a circle around Kevin Myers as he sits at his desk and drop him a few floors to the harsh reality that he is a desperatley bad journalist. And he looks gay.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Kevin Myers is a fantastic writer. An angel with a pen, the one thing worth reading in the times these days. A bit of a dick in person, but jaysus, the man got da skillz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Steps 1,2,3,4 & 6 could be applied to anywhere, get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Why is there two number 3's in the original post. Is there some relevance to this????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Carrick on Suir - Co. Tipp.

That is all.

Advertisement