Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst place in Ireland......

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭megadodge

Dublin - for all of the reasons the OP mentioned except 'sectarian' and there are two annoying accents and chronic traffic problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Slow coach wrote: »
    Derry is not in Ireland.

Correction it is not in the republic of Ireland. It is however a part of the island of Ireland.:)
    Before I went up there I like many from the south thought that I united Ireland was a good idea now im completely against it, i
    The thing about the North is no one really wants it now, it is just a huge hassle and economic drain. The UK spends about seven billion every year just to keep the North's economy afloat. If they offered it back now our government would probably run a mile.

Back on topic Portlaoise has to be the worst hole in Ireland....In fact anywhere in Laois is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Tuam.

I win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

pirelli wrote: »
    I think the irish times should get a chain saw and saw a circle around Kevin Myers as he sits at his desk and drop him a few floors to the harsh reality that he is a desperatley bad journalist. And he looks gay.

he writes with the Irish Independent

Also, the answer to the question is cork.

Such a **** city.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

portarlington

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 NoLesNoMore

Collating all your answers it is apparent that Greystones is the place to live and the rest of you should all be shipped off to some GAA loving island with some sheep and a copy of the RTE Guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Ballinasloe.

Or Clara in County Offaly. Talk about post-Dickensian slum. Such a grey, crumbling town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

i have to agree clara is a pretty ****y town, feck even driveing through it i get depressed, stevoman portarlington is not that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Where's the poll!!!

Birr, Co. Offally. Everyone is on drugs to escape their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Dudess wrote: »
    On topic: Mitchelstown, County Cork. A boil on the landscape.
    How come I only saw this now??? *shakes fist angrily at Dudess* Well, at least its not Fermoy...

Tipperary Town is one place that stands out as seemingly having nothing going for it. Driving through it, it looks generally run-down and full of scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Dashticle

Arklow

Agreed, I still hate going through it on the bus. The cinema is ok though (the new one not the one where rats evolved).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Mulhuddart, Co. Dublin. Utterly, hopelessly overrun with scumbags. We need chemical weapons to deal with places like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Connemara

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

How come I only saw this now??? *shakes fist angrily at Dudess* Well, at least its not Fermoy...

I live near Mitchelstown and have to come down for weekends after college(I work Saturdays in the town aswell). It seriously makes me depressed.I am sick of the scumbags that hang around because they have nothing to entertain their miserable lives

Another 2 days before I have to go down again. *sighs*:(

P.S Fermoy is just as bad IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Jaden wrote: »
    Tuam.

I win.

Winner all right.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Meh, you're the one who says your location is "Mitch-hell-stown" ;)

Actually the town square is really pretty, and up behind it - old army houses isn't it? - is absolutely beautiful. It's just the main street - horrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Baggage reclaim area in Dublin airport :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Pete4779 wrote: »
    The North is like a time warp of the past after you've lived in the south since say the mid-90s. The west coast is like a time warp of ireland since before the boom years - it's like it never happened there. Filthy water supplies (4 crises and undrinkable water in 6 months) are one example.

If you took a trip down south to cork and kerry, you see green grass. In the west, the land becomes barren and rocky and the grass and trees are significantly less "lush" in the west.

Met Eireann report that on average 225 days per year in the west have rain. It feels like more. So yeah, not all the time. Just 225 days A YEAR.

OK, I am sorry about that. I just presumed that 11% of the population - the entire west of ireland/connaught population - which is full of old retied people or vomiting 18 year old students wasn't exactly a hub of big business. nless you count the industrial park wasteland that encircles Galway like a swamp of ambitionless small timers.

Actually I've been living here since July. If you forget about the nonsense people talk about the craic, etc., it's basically a backwater, with zero ambition, zero ability, with a population of non-tax paying students or else retirees. There is no public transport of note, everyone needs cars to get anywhere, it's wet, grey and dreary.

Possibly the most depressing place on the planet. I can't wait to leave, and if I never come back again, it's too soon.

Ambitionless? That's why we're hosting a leg of the Round the World Yacht race next year.

Zero ability? Can't think of anything so you get personal.

No public transport? Almost true. But you can't have your cake and eat it. Either we contribute less than we receive in terms of taxes, or we have no transport. Can't be both.

And there is craic. You mustn't have made any friends here and got out there and made the most of it.

And full of retirees and non-tax-paying students? Oh that's right, that's why I see loads of 66 year old men with 19 year old Arts students walking down Shop Street. Cause there's nobody else in the city, or if there are, they're not paying tax and have zero ambition.

And industrial wasteland? I won't bother answering that.

If you don't like it, fcuk off back to where you came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

anywhere outside Dublin is a bleedin' dump especially Cork and Limerick. ;)
    not too fond of Kilkenny either..

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Dunno who you were speaking to, love the people in letterkenny!
    One of the nicest places in Ireland!

here here, top place, the people might be a wee bit different in attitudes etc but they have great characters there, good people. and the place is getting bigger and better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Limerick.

Should be bombed.

Jello wrote: »
    Limerick.

Should be bombed.

I think most people would wholeheartedly agree with this statement..

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭jazoo

el diablo wrote: »
    I think most people would wholeheartedly agree with this statement..
    limerick and tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Jello wrote: »
    Limerick.

Should be bombed.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Why?

Tis a bit of a hole tbh. It doesn't have a bad reputation for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

the level of crime in Limerick is just a microcosm of what it's like in the rest of the country. There is probably a better detection rate of crime in Limerick though, meaning gardai down here can secure a higher rate of convictions compared to their donut eating colleagues in the Big Shmoke.

the level of crime in Limerick is just a microcosm of what it's like in the rest of the country. There is probably a better detection rate of crime in Limerick though, meaning gardai down here can secure a higher rate of convictions compared to their donut eating colleagues in the Big Shmoke.

that's quite a ridiculous statement. I seriously doubt there's a better detection rate of crime in Limerick than elsewhere. there's nowhere in Dublin that can compare to the worst parts of Limerick for crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol so it's just one big garda conspiracy. They send all the best ones down to Limerick and leave the rest of the country swamped with inadequecy. Maybe Limerick just does the best free breakfast rolls too so the guards put in that little bit more effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

Drimnagh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Lorna7

Templemore.

Advertisement