Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time saver

Options
  • 31-08-2007 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Having never really focused on the whole savings lark before I now want to open up a savings account. Currently with BOI (student account) but have graduated (haven't applied for the graduate account - presume I should be doing this soon?). Have work lined up for the next few months and I wouldn't mind getting some of my income into savings. Would you recommend this from BOI? - SmartSave

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Shop around - there are better rates than BOI's out there.

Halifax have a good regular saver account that's almost double the amount that BOI's SmartSave gives.

If you're not going to be a regular saver, RaboDirect and Northern Rock offer good "no-strings" options where you can put in as little or as much as you like whenever you like without penalty - not as high a rate as the "regular" savers, but still an option.

askaboutmoney.com might be worth checking out

Advertisement