Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bioshock - €55 Virgin Dundrum TC

• 31-08-2007 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

..as the title says. They have some just at the front door for 55. they are 60 in the games section! Came up 60 on the till but I pointed out the price tag on the box so 55 it was. Its a nice metal box (ltd ed?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

55 is for the standard. 60 is the ltd edition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I know someone that bought the tin edition in Virgin, it had a €55 sticker on the front and that's what he paid too. This was in Blanch.

The one in Limerick has 55 on the standard, and 60 on the tin. I'd say it's just a pricing mistake by whatever stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

yep absolutely it was a mistake! the till reg'd 60 but the price tag on the tin was 55. they could get into serious bother with the scanned price being different from the stickered price so have to sell it for 55.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

speedfreak wrote:
    they could get into serious bother with the scanned price being different from the stickered price so have to sell it for 55.

Are you sure about that? I thought the law was that once they alerted you to the fact that it was more expensive than the sticker then it was OK?

• Advertisement

pretty sure..i dont know consumer legislation that well but i remember supermarkets getting done a few yrs ago for that very thing. yer man didnt even challenge the 55 price today despite 60 coming up on his reg.

The price on display is only an offer. They are not entitled to accept your offer of 55 if it was an error. Most companies will though out of customer service, rather than legislation.

ah well either way its there for 55 at the mo'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

koneko wrote:
    I know someone that bought the tin edition in Virgin, it had a €55 sticker on the front and that's what he paid too. This was in Blanch.

I bought mine there, €55 on the tin, €55 came up on the reg and I took it from the usual games section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 KaiserSnake

I bought mine in Virgin Liffey Valley (the tin case one) for 55 euro on the release day. I then was in the shop a week later and its now priced at 60 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Picked up mine yesterday for €55 in virgin Dundrum. about half the boxes where marked 55, and the rest 60.

The box scanned at 60 but the guy looked at the price pressed a few buttons and I got it for 55.

Advertisement