Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Character?

Options
  • 31-08-2007 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Mine is.... Well take a wild guess! :D
    445px-Auron_artwork.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Auron wrote:
    445px-Auron_artwork.jpg

Auron is cool alright,him and lulu (i think thats the name of the hot babe in the black dress ;) )they were the only two characters I liked from ff10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭joenailface

heh stiener from ff9...poor guy was always the brunt of every joke and they were always funny, that game wouldnt have been nearly as good without him, kimari or however you spell it was cool in 10, barret for his speech impediment and the twins from ff4, haha they were cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

1.Vincent
    2.Auron
    3.Cid
    4.Kimhari
    5.Sephiroth
    6.Cloud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭joenailface

haha cid? all the cids i remember kick ass, sept the one in 9 if he was that ooglop chap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

Squall!!! Good lookin' guy with a scar all the chicks dig!! Can't go wrong!! :D

Love & Peace!

Soglad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

ff12franuz0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Cant believe nobody has Sephiroth as No.1. That guy was mr. cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Faustus

Cant believe nobody has Sephiroth as No.1. That guy was mr. cool.

shame he had the character depth of a plank.

my favorite character was Selphie, not only was she a roll model for anyone who was bat**** insane but also had an uplifting attitude.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I agree with you that Sephiroth was a very shallow character but I'd have to say the same about Selphie. She was really annoying and the only depth to her was that she liked trains far too much.

As for bunny girl from FFXII, cool but shallow again. I fear we are going to have a lot more cool looking but very shallow characters from now on in FF games. The new producer filling in Sakaguchi's boots was the old character designer who seems hell bent on making on making samey one dimensional annoying emo's for all the characters. It was fine when he was doing some great character art and sakaguchi was filling it in with character art but not when he is the only one coming up with dull characters who look cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Faustus

Its not that they were any better written back then.
    :( we were all just easier to please.
    /nostalgiasm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Think Vince is alot cooler character than Sephiroth...cloud is a close second except he can be a bit winey at times lol.

Vincent_Valentine_art.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 purpledragon677

hey ok i would say
    1. Tifa
    2. red xii
    3. vincent
    4. vivi
    5. rikku
    i love all the characters but there by fav!!!!!:p :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

1est: The Turks
    1. Gilgamesh
    2. Kuja
    3. Yuffie
    4. Kefka
    5. Laguna
    6. Garland (FFIX)
    7. Red XIII

...and maybe Auron for his theme music...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Beatrix. Character design in ix happens to be my favourite overall too.

Edit:

Her being an all round hero: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ENALWSdYSI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Not my favorite, that place is reserved for Squall, Vivi or Laguna.

But what about Balthier? That guy just oozed awsome!

balthier.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Auron wrote: »
    445px-Auron_artwork.jpg

+1

Auron was awesome and Squall is a close second :D

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Hojo

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Cullilingus

Cid from FF7.

Also, not a playable character, but Jecht from FF10. Remberer hearing that FFX-2 was coming out and being convinced it was going to be about his story. What a dissapointment THAT turned out to be :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I wanna say Cloud, but my feelings on VII are *ahem* clouded by nostalgia. So, although he, Sephiroth, Vincent, Tifa, Yuffie, Rufus and the Turks are awesome, I'm gonna put VII in a category of its own.

So, from the other games, I really liked Laguna, Kefka, Shadow, Cecil, Kain, Vivi, Beatrix and Garnet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Vivi.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

In no particular order...Cloud, Red XIII, Tifa, Aeris, Laguna, Vivi, Zidane, Beatrix and Basch come to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 AceofSpades001

carbonkid wrote: »
    Think Vince is alot cooler character than Sephiroth...cloud is a close second except he can be a bit winey at times lol.

Vincent_Valentine_art.jpg

Sure, he was cool in the game and advent children, but in dirge, the scriptwriters/translators should have been shot:

Vincent: Well I guess it's time to save the world! (Cheesy)

Fave character = Turks in general

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭andgoodbye

It has to be Basch ftw!
    Come on!
    Captain Basch Fon Ronsenburg!
    I think most of the charadcters in XII were pretty cool!
    (Mainly cause they had cool names:
    Ashelia B'Nargin Dalmasca)
    :L

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

What about Zell and his flying board, Zell was awesome.

I wonder if the character design for Tidus came originally from Zell...they are very simular, upbeat and surfer looking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

What about Zell and his flying board, Zell was awesome.

Zell was a despicable jock twat. Thats all I have to say to win this argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Zell was a despicable jock twat. Thats all I have to say to win this argument.

+1 although i must say retro that your viii bashing knows no bounds. It is my sincere belief that you would attack these characters should they appear before you in some sort of quasi apocalyptic fantasy.

What a world eh.:D

Oh and my favourite character is probably auron. Don't really see the big deal about Vincent. He barely had enough personality to fill an eggcup. As long as Yuna or barret don't feature i'm happy enough.

Just getting into 12 and i must say Balthier is the sh!t. Smoothest pirate type dude ever. Oh and penelo is great too, for obvious reasons.;)

Man dont knock Vincent, him and auron were kinda similar. Did anyone beat VII without their main party consisting of cloud, vincent and cid? Think VII was the only game i didnt have a female healer in my main party.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

carbonkid wrote: »
    Man dont knock Vincent, him and auron were kinda similar. Did anyone beat VII without their main party consisting of cloud, vincent and cid? Think VII was the only game i didnt have a female healer in my main party.

mine was Cloud Barrett and Red first time around and Cloud, Red and Yuffie second time around. Good point about the healing character lad.

Ah Vincent annoyed me. His limit break really pissed me off. your party gets wiped out bar him and you can't even throw cloud a pheonix down. balls to that.

• Advertisement

jethro081 wrote: »
    mine was Cloud Barrett and Red first time around and Cloud, Red and Yuffie second time around. Good point about the healing character lad.

Ah Vincent annoyed me. His limit break really pissed me off. your party gets wiped out bar him and you can't even throw cloud a pheonix down. balls to that.

I remember alright at the final Sephiroth battle his limit break was annoying if after supernova he was the only one to survive and was in limit break form...grrr but i have a load of phoenix downs and megalixers in my inventory ><

Advertisement