Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Character?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

carbonkid wrote: »
    Man dont knock Vincent, him and auron were kinda similar. Did anyone beat VII without their main party consisting of cloud, vincent and cid? Think VII was the only game i didnt have a female healer in my main party.

I'm a player that uses all my characters equally. Never warmed to vincent, you get him very late in the game and really outside the initial encounter and his tiny subquest he has absolutely no character other than the fact that his character design is kind of cool.

I think its obvious how much the FFVIII 'characters' annoyed me, it was really poor compared to the rest of the series.
    As long as Yuna or barret don't feature i'm happy enough.

You don't like Yuna? I thought she was a wonderful character, an excellent female character that fools you into thinking she is soft. The FF games really do this type of character fantastically. Well fantastic other than the cringey laughing scene, *gag. I just love how she seems so frail and weak to begin with, but it's not until halfway through when you find out why she is like that and that she is by far the bravest character in the whole game. She was always trying to keep the facade of happiness up and cheer up everyone else when she really had nothing to be cheerful about.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm a player that uses all my characters equally. Never warmed to vincent, you get him very late in the game and really outside the initial encounter and his tiny subquest he has absolutely no character other than the fact that his character design is kind of cool.

Oh come on you must of warmed up to three characters more than the others, whichever party you had to fight the final form of Sephiroth. Thinking about it Tifa was a pretty cool too, maybe next time ill use her instead of vincent for the final showdown ^^

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

carbonkid wrote: »
    Oh come on you must of warmed up to three characters more than the others, whichever party you had to fight the final form of Sephiroth. Thinking about it Tifa was a pretty cool too, maybe next time ill use her instead of vincent for the final showdown ^^

Nope never have, I always use all of my characters equally in any RPG I play. I even hated the auto level up in FFVII because I couldn't keep track of which characters I neglected. For the final battle I really just tool up my preferred characters for combat up and use them, I couldn't even tell you who they were when I finished the game first. Hell even in the Suikoden series which can have 70+ usable characters I make an effort of using them all. The only characters in FF games I don't warm to are the ones with very little background or get largely ignored. It's why I never warmed to Amarant or Vincent in their respective games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

:pac: pacman

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You don't like Yuna? I thought she was a wonderful character, an excellent female character that fools you into thinking she is soft. The FF games really do this type of character fantastically. Well fantastic other than the cringey laughing scene, *gag. I just love how she seems so frail and weak to begin with, but it's not until halfway through when you find out why she is like that and that she is by far the bravest character in the whole game. She was always trying to keep the facade of happiness up and cheer up everyone else when she really had nothing to be cheerful about.

she's not awful i suppose but that opening scene of 10-2 keeps me awake at night, with nightmares of indescribable horror.

Square -O'h shes no damsel anymore, we've given her sass and lots of other Buzz words, Money Please-.

Anyone agree with me on barrett?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

Faustus wrote: »
    shame he had the character depth of a plank.

Are you serious? I thought Sephi was one of the greatest characters ever, and not just in video games. Best antagonist ever. You loathe him one second, empathise with him the next. Fantastic.

Doesn't hurt that he looks **** cool either!

74505-sephiroth.jpg

solace wrote: »
    Are you serious? I thought Sephi was one of the greatest characters ever, and not just in video games. Best antagonist ever. You loathe him one second, empathise with him the next. Fantastic.

Doesn't hurt that he looks **** cool either!

All he really had going for him was that he looked cool and killed a very likeable character. Other than that he was just a moaning emo head that threw on hell of a tantrum because he found out who his mother was. So yes compared to Kefka in FFVI and other protagonists in other games, he has the depth of a paddling pool.

Right.

Vayne - Okay character, bit of a gimp, but sufficiently evil.
    I don't even remember the antagonists in X-2... those three idiots.
    Seymour and Sin - not great like. We're talking about character depth here.
    Kuja - Meh.
    Edea/Ultimecia - Double meh.

As for Kefka, well, I loved him. Great represenation of insanity. I know I didn't really (at all) explain why I wasn't mad on the ones I've mentioned but basically, none of 'em came close to Sephiroth. To be fair, said 'moaning emo head' found out that all that he knew was false. You'd be pretty pissed too.[/fanboyrant]

I'd have been pissed but would have stopped well before planet destroying meteor :)

Haha, agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭matthew26

I like Cloud more than any of the other main characters in the series. His background was better in my opinion than the others. Zidane's story was also good. Squall? No. Bartz? No. Ramza? He's like the stereotypical hero so no.

The story for the FFVI characters were also nice but I just happened to like VII's I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 thomohawk

1.cloud
    2.auron
    3.cid(final fantasy vii)
    4.sephiroth
    5.lulu(fantastic body!!!!!!)

cloud for his coolness does it for me.

Advertisement