Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumping NTL

Options
  • 31-08-2007 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭

I have a had a decent internet connection with NTL.

However their customer service has been slim to shight!

I moved address an requested an account transfer and was told by some incompetent git that they'd be out later that day.

I rang again and they said they'd be out later next week,(they were sorry about the mix up) tuesday between 1 and 6. grand. But no one shows up and i took the day off work to sit about for no one.

I rang the team that evening and they said no notes were left on the system that even if they went to the wrong address they would have left notes. So no one bothered to show up.

The nice boy i was talking to said he would personally deal with it and get an answer for me and ring me later that day. No one rang me.

I rang them wednesday and a new member of staff contacted me. She said the would conatact the team and get back to me, thats all she could do. I was not able to contact a manager at that time and i could leave my name on a queue for a manager to contact me :rolleyes:

So sorry for my rant, any comments?

What all companies do good broadband and are wireless. I dont have a phone line?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Boards should really press the new Consumer Agency (http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/)to name and shame companies who provide dire service in some sort of annual list. Revenue do it so why not do it in this area?

Remember these are the crowd who wanted to have instant fines on people who were late paying their bill etc etc.

Sadly the consumer has no comeback with this type of thing and NTL obviously have no problem whatsoever in wasting people's time and providing lousy service without any fear of sanction!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

What all companies do good broadband and are wireless. I dont have a phone line?

Any ideas lads?

I'm willing to pay up to €40 a month.

Wireless BB and a decent service?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Any ideas lads?

I'm willing to pay up to €40 a month.

Wireless BB and a decent service?
    Where are you, and are their any hills nearby? Finally, any big buildings or trees between you and that hill?

I ask, as one man's treasure may be blocked by a f**king tree 3 doors down for someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

okay, im city centre, opposite the big tree.

Advertisement