Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relational Database Design

Options
  • 31-08-2007 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hello,

I am looking for training courses in this area. Ideally it should be hands on and cover everything from introduction to rdbms, data modelling, normalisation, entity relationship diagrams.

In effect, after doing this course one should not how to go about designing a database.

The more hands on and practical the training the better.

Anyone got any recommendations? Dublin based training centres ideally but will consider other locations in Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭cyberbob

we've used iact before at work (www.iact.ie) , werent bad. but then again im not well traveled in the area of it training.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

You can talk to the likes of New Horizons and Calyx and ask them for something.

Whether you want it vendor independant or not is another thing. Also depends what background your trainees are coming from. For the best use, try to make sure they are similar, no point throwing in 6 techs and a marketing sales type because they wouldnt get the benefit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭hamrog

Thanks for the replies folks,

I'll check them out.

Much appreciated.

hamrog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

Two really good books to recommend (that will teach you the basics) are "Database Design for Mere Mortals" and "SQL Queries for Mere Mortals". They're cheap and if you dedicate two weeks to reading them, you wont need to do a course at all.

McGintyMcGoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭hamrog

thanks McGintyMcGoo,

I'll definitely look up those books.

Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement