Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

at odds with graphics prices...

Options
  • 31-08-2007 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

i have a limited budget, 160euro, incl delivery...

damn komplett have stopped stocking the 1950 pro and i canceled my order for the same card on dabs.ie because they never got it in (they'd been advertising new stock due in 1-2 days but it's remained at "1-2 days" for almost a week).

i've found the card on pixmania for this price but now i'm thrown into doubt...

without a shadow of a doubt i will try an overclock but is this card the best i can get for this price? would an 8600 GTS be better? does anyone know if the avg overclock on a GTS reaches better speeds than the avg overclock on the 1950 pro (i say "average" because obviously overclocking is a very arbitrary thing).

i need to play Stalker and Bioshock at, at least, 1024 x 768 resolution and at high quality... am i delusional? i hate the idea that an new upgrade (albeit a budgeted one) won't reach an expected height...

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I have an X1800XT 512mb for sale for 80 euro :) Its as good as the X1950pro ;)

Should be able to post it to you early next week.. whenever my 8800gts arrives.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=31527&cat=8

Interested?

P.s its definitely better than as good as or better than an 8600gts... they replaced the 7900gt / gs series that the X1800XT was competing with... the 512mb of memory helps too.. it plays Bioshock at 1680*1050 on high at ~30fps... but id rather sacrifice some quality for much higher fps so i ran it at 1280*800 on medium and got 60fps or so...

anyway its the best card you can get for 80 euro :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

conzymaher wrote:
    I have an X1800XT 512mb for sale for 80 euro :) Its as good as the X1950pro ;)

Should be able to post it to you early next week.. whenever my 8800gts arrives.

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=31527&cat=8

Interested?

P.s its definitely better than as good as or better than an 8600gts... they replaced the 7900gt / gs series that the X1800XT was competing with... the 512mb of memory helps too.. it plays Bioshock at 1680*1050 on high at ~30fps... but id rather sacrifice some quality for much higher fps so i ran it at 1280*800 on medium and got 60fps or so...

anyway its the best card you can get for 80 euro :P

Tut! tut! pimping your advert :p

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭the raven

problem solved. conzy's 1800 bought...:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I could see this as off thread dealing. But since it didnt happen..... Well ...... Good sale, and you bought a good card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Actually he bought it over on adverts :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement