Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone gunshop

Options
  • 31-08-2007 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭

Does anybody have contact details for the gunshop in athlone
    I think the owners name is Gerry afaik

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭freddieot

Gerry Scully has a shop near the Garda Station

0902 92486

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

Cheers freddiot thats the man im lookin for alright

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

Yeh, It's on Barrack Street, Athlone, one way system, just before you come to the Post Office and Garda Station, shop on your right hand side, black shopfront.

Nice guy, he'll see you right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

If you're up in Athlone, try James McBride as well. Ballykeeran Sports, Bullet Road, Ballykeeran. Outside of Athlone town but an Alladins Cave :D number is 087 2696647

Open after 7.30PM

I've bought two rifles off him, not the cheapest but he's dead sound for dealing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

johngalway wrote:
    If you're up in Athlone, try James McBride as well. Ballykeeran Sports, Bullet Road, Ballykeeran. Outside of Athlone town but an Alladins Cave :D number is 087 2696647

Open after 7.30PM

I've bought two rifles off him, not the cheapest but he's dead sound for dealing with.

yeah i'd agree with john here on this one, there is something i just dont like about dealing with scully, mc bride is a sound fella and his opening hours are more flexable to those who work during the day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 am i bovvered?

Was looking for a scope and rang scully before i travelled,a nice distance mind,told me he had it.Arrived hour and a half later and told me he sold it five minutes ago.What a load of s....Looked around the shop for twenty minutes since i travelled this far and a guy came in looking for something and he told him he sold the item a few minutes ago.He forgot i was still wandering around the shop.Confirmed my suspicions.He lost any future business from me .
    Heard a lot of good reports about mcbride but never visited him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Was looking for a scope and rang scully before i travelled,a nice distance mind,told me he had it.Arrived hour and a half later and told me he sold it five minutes ago.What a load of s....Looked around the shop for twenty minutes since i travelled this far and a guy came in looking for something and he told him he sold the item a few minutes ago.He forgot i was still wandering around the shop.Confirmed my suspicions.He lost any future business from me .

To be honest it sounds like him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Exactly the same thing happened me with him following a telephone call to
    confirm that the Item was in stock... "No shortage of them we have loads".

Nearly 90 mins later I got the "I sold the last one a moment ago" ..Story.
    Never went back since , and wouldn't even if he offered me a free firearm.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

Here's another Firearms Arms dealer that most people forget about, it's David O'Malley in Mullingar, great for ammo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭hillybilly

Have to agree with v Bull ,David O Mally top bloke I always call in when im passing through mullingar .He always knocks off a few euros ,and is a good man for a chat as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Same experience myself !!!!!!!!!
    McBride way better to deal with

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement