Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is this the end of my No claims Bonus?

Options
  • 31-08-2007 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi all,

I rear ended a car while driving a company vehicle which was covered by fleet insurance. There was a claim lodged but it was against the company insurance rather than my own policy. Does this accident affect my personal no claims bonus? I have a feeling that all is lost and my '92 VW Corrado G60 will soon be for sale :-<

Any and all help appreciated

Esskay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

No. Its a company policy. Not yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

it was against the company insurance rather than my own policy.
    You were not driving as a civilian so it won't be held against you. Your boss will be mad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It won't affect the NCB on your personal motor policy, but you may be required to declare the accident to your insurance company anyway.

Certainly if you were going for an insurance policy and you were asked if you had any claims/accidents in the last five years you would be required to disclose this accident to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Could you renew your existing policy without discolsing that you had an accident. Don't think they ask, once there is no claim on your personal policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

you don't by chance work for munster joinery esskay?!

• Advertisement
Advertisement