Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Transfer Assessments

• 31-08-2007 5:10pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has any UCD PhD's here had this so-called 'transfer assessment' as part of the new structured PhD programme in UCD?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I started before it came in. But all of the guys I know who have started in the last few years have gone through the process. Why are you writing your transfer report atm?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

No, as i'm not sure yet what sort of format it's going to take. It's actually up to the departments to decide what the actual assessment consists of as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Pyridine

If it's anything like the Trinity transfer process you will have to submit a ~40 page report on your research followed by a transfer viva with 2 internal examiners.

It's just an oversight thing here designed to give ideas to the students from an "outsiders", ie not your supervisor, perspective and ensure that the research is up to scratch while you still have time, so letting you see whether you want to just do the masters or continue onto PhD.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ringleader

Think of it like a trial run of your PhD thesis, except smaller and geared more towards showing what you've accomplished or are hoping to accomplish.

I think.

Advertisement