Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why Linux is better

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

That's a very amateur site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Wow, what a horrific site. Crap like this does nothing but harm to the linux community - if people are to be educated on Linux's strengths, it should be based on sensible facts, not on blind fanboyism. It's painfully obvious that this guy has just installed Ubuntu and thinks that the handy tools installed with it are synonymous with Linux in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ugh at this...
    Microsoft is an USA company, and its success is great for the American economy.

But if you don't live in the USA, when you buy propietary software (eg Windows), about a half of the money goes directly to the software company's HQ (eg Microsoft's): that money leaves your country, while the other half stays in (sales commissions, etc.: no technical benefits). Your country is not producing anything

so this guy is against a global market as well? so that being said i shouldn't buy software that i may need for my job because it's not going back into my country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Made for Adsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

"you can keep an eye on the weather..."

Yup you can only do this in linux. :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement