Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sony hd1000u "A sexual piece of HD"

• 31-08-2007 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭

So SOny released details of their low-end shoulder mount prosumer camcorder there, look at it :

http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/08/HVR-HD1000UwithDigitalMaster_tape_lg.jpg

its the HD1000u its a 1/2.9" CMOS sensor, its got carl zeiss optics and 10x zoom, optical image stabilisation, is compaitable with HDV, DVCAM and standard mini dv formats. shoots in 1080i, aside from it lacking XLR inputs (well i think it does) its perfect, best part :

when it comes out in december the recommended price is going to be under $1900

(note ! this is not a cmaera designed for pro shooting , its designed for people learning or education institutions, )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

And this has what to do with A/V Editing? Just looks like you've posted a free ad ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

just letting people know whats coming, and as far as i see, cameras have a lot to do with video editing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

Don't think this camera does DVCAM. And it's an ugly-looking brute, too. :D

some website mentioned dvcam and :O it is a sexual looking camera, just because you like small silver pocket cameras that shoot crap doesnt mean its ugly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

it is a sexual looking camera

have you tried seeking professional help for this deviant fetish..?

• Advertisement

no :( but its better than a foot fetish

just because you like small silver pocket cameras that shoot crap doesnt mean its ugly

Personally, I don't like the little silver cameras, but this Sony looks like those old VHS cameras from the 80s to my eye.

ahh not really, but you have to see shoulder mount cameras succeed, Canon XL1, XL1s, XL2, XL-H1, Sony DSR250,

shoulder mount is a stability thing, makes for better shots than your little vx2000 or DVX100 thing

Yes, the shoulder-mount models you mentioned are nice cameras (I own one of the models you listed). The 1000u is pug-ugly, IMHO.

Advertisement