Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Urgent Help Needed - RE: 50th Party

• 31-08-2007 7:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've been asked to dj my neighbours dads 50th birthday surprise party tomorrow night - But i am only used to dj'ing for much younger crowds - Does anyone have any suggestions or even better a set list that they have used before.

I'm thinking of digging out my collection of 80's dance - the likes of diana ross, cyndi lauper etc etc for when there dancing - and later then i'll reckon i can get away with party favourites - shakira, rhianna etc...

If anyone has any suggestions - it would be great.

Thanks
    Alan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

For a 50th, methinks you have to think like the birthday person in their youth, which means going back o the 60's and 70's. It would be like doing a wedding for an older-than-regular couple. When I have had to do older birthday parties like what you're about to do, you could do wrse than to include the following in your collection:

Bee Gees - Staying Alive
    Bee Gees - Night Fever
    Diana Ross - Hot STuff
    The Beatles - Ticket to Ride
    Joe Dolan - Good Lookin' Woman
    The Monkees - I'm A Believer
    Tom Jones - Sex Bomb
    Tome Jones - It's Not Unusual
    George HArrison - Got My Mind Set On You
    Jive Bunny Mastermixes (there are only 2 of them)
    Roy Orbison - Pretty Woman
    B-52's - Love Shack
    Brian Adams - Summer of 69
    Boney M Megamix
    Status Quo - Whatever You Want
    Ram Jam - Black Betty
    The Bluebells - Young At Heart
    Kenny Loggins - Footloose

...actually, there's loads more, but I guess you get the idea from the above.

Find out if he likes a lot of Dad Rock - Sweet, Zeppelin, Stones, Supertramp, April Wine, Rainbow/Russ Ballard. Find out what his favourite 3 songs are and you'll be along the right track to make him happy.

Seanie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

those jive bunny megamixes are the business. Let them play away until the cake arrives. Make sure you have happy birthday and congratulations song.
    Then bring out the big guns.
    Queen
    Ymca
    Amarillo
    Bowie
    Kinks
    Buggles
    Ram jam
    Gloria Gaynor
    Thin lizzy
    Abba
    Footloose
    Uptown girl
    Come on eileen
    Kiss
    Love shack
    Karma chameleon
    Brown eyed girl
    Theres loads man. Just make up a few compilation cds. Make sure you have enough songs.
    check this site out http://www.fiql.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 juno1

you never know, they could have been into the old Madchester stuff in their late party days... could do worse than drop some Happy Mondays (Oakey's Hallelujah remix or God's Cop or Rave On or...)

if so, you will likely be asked for Stone Roses so bring at least Fool's Gold in all its 9:53 glory (errm, there's a mix of this tune by A Guy Called Gerald which brings the percussion up if you want to go more dancey after that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

those jive bunny megamixes are the business. Let them play away until the cake arrives. Make sure you have happy birthday and congratulations song.
    The direction in the music industry that Andy Pickles took after being in Jive Bunny never fails to amuse me:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

tman wrote:
    The direction in the music industry that Andy Pickles took after being in Jive Bunny never fails to amuse me:p

Tidy Boys wasnt it?

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement