Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vuelta

Options
  • 31-08-2007 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

Any idea what station coverage of the vuelta will be on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

its goin to be on eurosport if you have it......hopefully david duffield talking!!! but i dont think so.....

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

No, not Duffield. He's like a boring uncle droning on at Christmas dinner.

If you don't have Eurosport, Cycling.tv are showing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Deadly. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

david harmon + sean kelly are commentating.
    there was only 1 hour highlights of todays stage, and eurosport is swamped with tennis (not my cup of tea).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

ba wrote:
    david harmon + sean kelly are commentating.

Excellent, they work quite well together. Anyone know who did the eurosport commentary on the tour of Burgos?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

David Harmon is in my opinion a terrible commentator who continuously mis-identifies riders, rarely gets the outcome of sprints correctly, and gets completely confused when the field splits up on the mountain stages. Surely if I can keep up with events as they unfold Mr. Harmon who's job it is to do so can do likewise.
    I always enjoy Sean Kelly’s' sagacious observations bereft of the usual ornamentations of most commentators.
    But Mr. Duffield is my favourite and I could listen to him morning, noon and night
    rambling on about "the rough end of a ragman's trumpet" or suggesting that somebody "blast on the old banjo.":D

Genealogy Forum Mod

did anybody catch that awful american commentator at the finish line of each stage of the tour of ireland? he was a feckin dumb*ss.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

Have to disagree! Dave Towle was the US announcer at the start and finish on all the T of I stages. I was at Kilkenny and Galway starts and thought he was excellent. Spoke for up 3/4 hours each day, had a great knowledge of all the riders, especially the US riders obviously. Kept the neutrals in the crowd interested with stories of Kelly and Roche and gave the Irish boys a great talk up interviewing McCann, O'Loughlin, Kenneally, Deignan and Irvine among others. Spoke to him afterwards and he was a really nice guy, huge knowledge of cycling very friendly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

sean kelly accent makes me crack up:D

culchie irishman meets sophisticated frenchman

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

philstar wrote:
    sean kelly accent makes me crack up:D

culchie irishman meets sophisticated frenchman

I do love the way he pronounces gilet.

• Advertisement

dave towle had very poor understanding of race tactics, and how the life of a peleton changes. Steven Roche kept correcting him.

fairplay he knew a lot about the riders, but he was so annoying to listen to. the twang from his american accent blasting from the speakers, bloody headache.

i guess i am used to listening to kelly, roche and harmon, who we consider very calm, this towle guy was very energetic and loud.

Advertisement